Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Aftermath of Saints-Eagles trade

Of course, I had to run the PFN draft simulator after finding out about the Saints-Eagles trade.

The Saints offered the 16, 19, 49th, 98th and next year's 2nd round pick for #1.

Would you accept that trade?

Assuming you make the deal, the highest ranked players on the board at 16 are

Tyler Lindenbaum

Trevor Penning

Kenny Pickett

Derek Stingley, Jr.

Matt Corrall

Zion Johnson

Devin Lloyd

Andrew booth

Daxton Hill

and Drake London

Who would you take at 16 and 19?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Very tempting, but only if I could get the Giants to part with one of their top 10 picks in exchange for 19 or 16 plus later picks.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(04-04-2022, 10:53 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Very tempting, but only if I could get the Giants to part with one of their top 10 picks in exchange for 19 or 16 plus later picks.

Interesting.

To what end would you trade back up to 5 or 7?

If there is a particular player you have in mind, why not just trade back with the Giants directly from 1 and ensure you get your guy?

(04-04-2022, 11:12 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-04-2022, 10:53 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Very tempting, but only if I could get the Giants to part with one of their top 10 picks in exchange for 19 or 16 plus later picks.

Interesting.

To what end would you trade back up to 5 or 7?

If there is a particular player you have in mind, why not just trade back with the Giants directly from 1 and ensure you get your guy?

Well first off "our guy" is a matter of perspective. We have so many holes to fill right now there are in my opinion a handful of those at the top of this draft. He is a guy who has the opportunity to hold down a position for us for the next 6-10 years so we can limit the amount of wack-a-mole we seem to be playing right now. I know that is an unusual opinion, as everyone is totally sure who the next perennial all-pro is going be, but that is stuff fairy tails are made of. No one really knows.

This would give us 2 in the top 20 this year. The real issue is what later picks they would require. I would only want to offer them #49 and #98
and swap our #70 with their #67.  We would then still have NO #2 next year.  Looking at the Giants cap situation they might even do this. But if I were them no ...lol

yea I grew up trading Baseball cards too.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

I'd take London and Stingley and be a very happy man.

(This post was last modified: 04-05-2022, 07:15 AM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-04-2022, 10:17 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Of course, I had to run the PFN draft simulator after finding out about the Saints-Eagles trade.

The Saints offered the 16, 19, 49th, 98th and next year's 2nd round pick for #1.

Would you accept that trade?

Assuming you make the deal, the highest ranked players on the board at 16 are

Tyler Lindenbaum

Trevor Penning

Kenny Pickett

Derek Stingley, Jr.

Matt Corrall

Zion Johnson

Devin Lloyd

Andrew booth

Daxton Hill

and Drake London

Who would you take at 16 and 19?

Oh, Hell yeah! I take that deal in a heartbeat. I don't even need to think about it. Since the best edge rushers will likely be gone by pick #16 (Hutchinson, Walker, Thibodeaux and Johnson) I target my WR. I'm either taking Jameson Williams or Chris Olave with that selection. I think Drake London is the first WR off the board to Atlanta at pick #8, but if he's there, I take him. I believe Garrett Wilson is going to the Jets at #10. At #19, I'm taking the BAP, which I believe at this point would probably be ILB Devin Lloyd. I then look to fill my need at OLB with pick #33 and I select either Boye Mafe (if he slides,) Arnold Ebiketie or my sleeper pick, Sam Wiliams. Those 3 are my tier 2 edge rushers and I really like all three of them.

It's interesting that this subject came up because I was just doing a mock draft on that site a couple of days ago and I made the same trade. I ended up taking Tyler Linderbaum at 16 and Jameson Williams at 19. I'd love to see the Jags make this trade IRL on draft day if the opportunity presented itself.
[Image: pqk1i5F.jpg]

(04-05-2022, 04:29 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: I'd take London and Stingley and be a very happy man.

I definitely do not take London, and would be reluctant to take Stingley.

I don't think London has the talent to succeed, as he gets almost zero separation.  He can't be a reliable WR if he gets no vertical separation and reduces every pass to a contested ball.

Stingly is the opposite.  Stingley is immensely talented, but why did his play drop off so dramatically after his Freshman year?

(This post was last modified: 04-05-2022, 11:42 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-05-2022, 10:39 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-05-2022, 04:29 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: I'd take London and Stingley and be a very happy man.

I don't think London has the talent to succeed, as he gets almost zero separation.  He can't be a reliable WR if he gets no vertical separation and reduces every pass to a contested ball.

Stingly is the opposite.  Stingley is immensely talented, but why did his play drop off so dramatically after his Freshman year?

You underestimate Londons route running.  A lot of his plays in college where he went deep it was underthrown as well which ended up in a contested catch.

(04-05-2022, 10:39 AM)Bullseye Wrote:

Where do you get this notion that London gets no separation? Do you watch a lot of USC football? I personally think he's going to be a very similar pro to Mike Evans. Stingley is just too dman talented to not take if he's available at pick 16 or 19. His upside is an elite lockdown corner. Durabilitybis his only concern but I'd be willing to gamble on that for the potential reward.

I'd take the trade and select Jameson Williams and Tyler Linderbaum in round 1. It seems only natural that we'd go from Linder to Linderbaum at center. At 33, I'm hoping for Nakobe Dean to fall into our laps and would most likely take the best edge at 49- likely Ebiketei or Cameron Thomas.

Lloyd and Linderbaum in this scenario.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-05-2022, 02:18 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(04-05-2022, 10:39 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I definitely do not take London, and would be reluctant to take Stingley.

Where do you get this notion that London gets no separation? Do you watch a lot of USC football? I personally think he's going to be a very similar pro to Mike Evans. Stingley is just too dman talented to not take if he's available at pick 16 or 19. His upside is an elite lockdown corner. Durabilitybis his only concern but I'd be willing to gamble on that for the potential reward.

I admittedly did not watch a bunch of USC games last year, and formulated my opinion based in the various clips I've seen of him.  I know pro scouts will watch/attend a minimum of two games for their scouting reports and my take will not be as well informed as any scout, but I think I've seen enough to formulate an opinion.  I've seen his "highlight" film show college corners blanketing him, resulting in a ton of contested ball catches.  I arrived at this opinion months ago.  I posted my thoughts on the board then.