Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Question....

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2022, 09:53 AM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

I've been trying to post my 7 round mock draft and when I try cutting and pasting it from my Google documents, it's a jumbled mess, unreadable and parts don't even show up. I've always been able to transfer it in the past, but this time it's not working at all. Has this site changed it's formatting or something? Does anyone know what I can do to transfer it successfully? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-06-2022, 09:50 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I've been trying to post my 7 round mock draft and when I try cutting and pasting it from my Google documents, it's a jumbled mess, unreadable and parts don't even show up. I've always been able to transfer it in the past, but this time it's not working at all. Has this site changed it's formatting or something? Does anyone know what I can do to transfer it successfully? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Do yu have any wor processing capability on your computer...like word?

If so, try copying and pasting into word...or put it in a spreadsheet, then copy and paste from there maybe?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-06-2022, 10:13 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-06-2022, 09:50 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I've been trying to post my 7 round mock draft and when I try cutting and pasting it from my Google documents, it's a jumbled mess, unreadable and parts don't even show up. I've always been able to transfer it in the past, but this time it's not working at all. Has this site changed it's formatting or something? Does anyone know what I can do to transfer it successfully? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Do yu have any wor processing capability on your computer...like word?

If so, try copying and pasting into word...or put it in a spreadsheet, then copy and paste from there maybe?

No. I just have a cheap Chromebook that I've been using for the past 6 years. The only program I have to write documents is Google documents. I've never had an issue with cutting and pasting from it before though.

(04-06-2022, 11:31 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-06-2022, 10:13 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Do yu have any wor processing capability on your computer...like word?

No. I just have a cheap Chromebook that I've been using for the past 6 years. The only program I have to write documents is Google documents. I've never had an issue with cutting and pasting from it before though.

Take a screenshot of the results then crop / resize if necessary  - upload image to a pichost site and use the image function to post the image of your results

(04-06-2022, 06:26 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-06-2022, 11:31 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: No. I just have a cheap Chromebook that I've been using for the past 6 years. The only program I have to write documents is Google documents. I've never had an issue with cutting and pasting from it before though.

Take a screenshot of the results then crop / resize if necessary  - upload image to a pichost site and use the image function to post the image of your results

I wonder if GDocs will let you save to a .txt file, then you could open in Notepad and copy/paste plain text into this here thingamabob.

I suspect that the Docs are either using HTML or some special characters to induce line breaks or somthing that is disagreeing with the format.

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2022, 09:22 AM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

Come to think of it, I have always had problems posting formatted docs here.

In my case, it's likely operator error!  Laughing Wallbash Confused

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-06-2022, 06:26 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-06-2022, 11:31 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: No. I just have a cheap Chromebook that I've been using for the past 6 years. The only program I have to write documents is Google documents. I've never had an issue with cutting and pasting from it before though.

Thanks, but unfortunately I'm computer illiterate. I don't know how to do any of that.

(04-07-2022, 09:46 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-06-2022, 06:26 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Take a screenshot of the results then crop / resize if necessary  - upload image to a pichost site and use the image function to post the image of your results

Thanks, but unfortunately I'm computer illiterate. I don't know how to do any of that.

screenshot instructions:
https://support.google.com/chromebook/an...4268?hl=en

Then upload screenshot to:
https://pichost.net

Once uploaded copy and paste URL link to uploaded pic provided by pichost into the image feature here at the board
(the icon looks like a polaroid picture sort-of )

(04-07-2022, 09:46 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-06-2022, 06:26 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Take a screenshot of the results then crop / resize if necessary  - upload image to a pichost site and use the image function to post the image of your results

Try it and I bet you can do it. There’s probably a how-to video on it too.

Hmm, I copied this from my drafttek mock and cleaned it up a little but seems to have pasted here just fine

197 and 222 were just guesses but kinda like this draft

1. Aidan Hutchinson EDGE, Michigan
33. Tyler Linderbaum IOL, Iowa
65. Christian Harris LB, Alabama
70. Isaiah Likely TE, Coastal Carolina
106. Alec Lindstrom IOL, Boston College
157. Coby Bryant CB, Cincinnati
180. Justyn Ross WR, Clemson
188. Zach Tom OT, Wake Forest
197. Juanyeh Thomas S, Georgia Tech
198. Tyrion Davis-Price RB, LSU
222. Neil Farrell Jr. IDL, LSU
235. Charleston Rambo WR, Miami

Here's a solution I found on the internet (not sure if it works or not) ...  * Stick your laptop or phone into the microwave with a half of a glass of water (~ 4 oz).  This will clear all of the bugs will charging your laptop or phone at the same time.  ***WARNING - do not leave the laptop in the microwave for over 3 minutes ***

Write it down and type it out like a boss

(04-14-2022, 03:40 PM)snaxdelrio Wrote: Write it down and type it out like a boss

It has all 263 selections, including a paragraph for each team in the first round explaining why each team chose their first round picks. It's literally 30 pages long on my Google Documents. It would take me hours to re-type all that. I'm gonna see if my nephew can help me to transfer it over to the board this weekend.

Just tell us who you selected?

(This post was last modified: 04-15-2022, 08:40 AM by Mikey.)

(04-14-2022, 03:20 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Here's a solution I found on the internet (not sure if it works or not) ...  * Stick your laptop or phone into the microwave with a half of a glass of water (~ 4 oz).  This will clear all of the bugs will charging your laptop or phone at the same time.  ***WARNING - do not leave the laptop in the microwave for over 3 minutes ***

Unfortunately, my laptop is so big that the turntable will not properly rotate. Looks like I am stuck using the conventional oven like my gramma used to.

(04-14-2022, 05:56 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-14-2022, 03:40 PM)snaxdelrio Wrote: Write it down and type it out like a boss

It has all 263 selections, including a paragraph for each team in the first round explaining why each team chose their first round picks. It's literally 30 pages long on my Google Documents. It would take me hours to re-type all that. I'm gonna see if my nephew can help me to transfer it over to the board this weekend.

You can create a google account, post the file there as a shared doc and post a link? You could call out the Jag picks in the link post, and those interested could link over to see how the sausage got made.

30 pages gonna end up TLDR for pretty much everyone here. Maybe split the posts into groups - top 15, 16-32, day 2, day 3?

(04-14-2022, 09:42 PM)snaxdelrio Wrote: Just tell us who you selected?

@I got two internet dollars on Evan Neal@

For which team? I cannot accurately show what our picks would be, unless I can show how the draft plays out under my scenario.

(04-15-2022, 08:36 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-14-2022, 03:20 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Here's a solution I found on the internet (not sure if it works or not) ...  * Stick your laptop or phone into the microwave with a half of a glass of water (~ 4 oz).  This will clear all of the bugs will charging your laptop or phone at the same time.  ***WARNING - do not leave the laptop in the microwave for over 3 minutes ***

Unfortunately, my laptop is so big that the turntable will not properly rotate. Looks like I am stuck using the conventional oven like my gramma used to.

(04-14-2022, 05:56 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: It has all 263 selections, including a paragraph for each team in the first round explaining why each team chose their first round picks. It's literally 30 pages long on my Google Documents. It would take me hours to re-type all that. I'm gonna see if my nephew can help me to transfer it over to the board this weekend.

You can create a google account, post the file there as a shared doc and post a link? You could call out the Jag picks in the link post, and those interested could link over to see how the sausage got made.

30 pages gonna end up TLDR for pretty much everyone here. Maybe split the posts into groups - top 15, 16-32, day 2, day 3?

@I got two internet dollars on Evan Neal@

I've got my mock saved on this thing. Can you guys help me? 

[Image: aol.floppyccdfd7c0ebc581ed.jpg]

I'm kidding, OLM, I want to help you post your mock.

(This post was last modified: 04-15-2022, 02:30 PM by Mikey. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-15-2022, 09:40 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

For which team? I cannot accurately show what our picks would be, unless I can show how the draft plays out under my scenario.

cliff's note it?

"Like in Round 5, I have us taking [blurg]. I wanted [plerm] to fall, but the Chiefs snagged him at pick bloop bleep blop" Big names, who we barely missed, where they went, that's enough.

Like, I doubt anyone here is going to critique every pick, in order. Few if any of us have that level of free time. Doesn't mean we aren't interested in the high-level overview.

(04-15-2022, 02:29 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-15-2022, 09:40 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: For which team? I cannot accurately show what our picks would be, unless I can show how the draft plays out under my scenario.

cliff's note it?

"Like in Round 5, I have us taking [blurg]. I wanted [plerm] to fall, but the Chiefs snagged him at pick bloop bleep blop" Big names, who we barely missed, where they went, that's enough.

Like, I doubt anyone here is going to critique every pick, in order. Few if any of us have that level of free time. Doesn't mean we aren't interested in the high-level overview.

I tried posting it in parts and it still doesn't show up. It must be something in the formatting. I'm gonna get my nephew to try and look at it this weekend.

(04-15-2022, 02:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-15-2022, 02:29 PM)Mikey Wrote: cliff's note it?

I tried posting it in parts and it still doesn't show up. It must be something in the formatting. I'm gonna get my nephew to try and look at it this weekend.

Make it sharable in Google docs, create a link, and post the link.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]