Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
My Top 5-10 players at each offensive position

(This post was last modified: 04-15-2022, 03:18 PM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 2 times in total.)

QB

1. Kenny Pickett, Pitt
2. Desmond Ridder, Cincinnati
3. Jack Coan, Notre Dame
4. Sam Howell, North Carolina
5. Aqeel Glass, Alabama A&M

I would normally do a list of 10, but this QB class is so bad I just couldn't expand the list. To be honest, I only see Kenny Pickett as a long term NFL starter. I see Ridder and Coan having long NFL careers as primary backups and the rest of the class, I just don't see lasting very long in the NFL. 

RB

1. Kenneth Walker, Michigan State
2. Breece Hall, Iowa State
3. Isaiah Spiller, Texas A&M
4. Tyler Allgeier, BYU
5. Rachaad White, Arizona State
6. Pierre Strong, South Dakota State
7. Abram Smith, Baylor
8. Ty Chandler, North Carolina
9. Hassan Haskins, Michigan
10. James Cook, Georgia

This RB class is loaded. There is another 15 guys I could've easily added to this list. There will be a lot of really good RB's who go undrafted. 

WR

1. Jameson Williams, Alabama
2. Drake London, USC
3. Chris Olave, Ohio State
4. Garrett Wilson, Ohio State
5. Jahan Dotson, Penn State
6. David Bell, Purdue
7. Skyy Moore, Western Michigan
8. John Metchie, Alabama
9. Christian Watson, North Dakota State
10a. Samori Toure, Nebraska
10b. Jalen Tolbert, South Alabama

A very good group, but the talent really falls a bit after the first 5 and really falls sharply after the top 10. 

TE

1. Tre McBride, Colorado State
2. Jelani Woods, Virginia
3. Isaiah Likey, Coastal Carolina
4. Greg Dulcich, UCLA
5. Charlie Kolar, Iowa State
6. Jake Ferguson, Wisconsin
7. Derrick Deese, San Jose State
8. Lucas Krull, Pitt
9. Cole Turner, Nevada
10. Grant Calcaterra, SMU

This is an extremely good group of TE's. Given that Doug Pederson's offense revolves so much around the position, it's imperative that we someone from this group. 

OT

1. Trevor Penning, Northern Iowa
2. Cordell Volson, North Dakota State
3. Bernhard Raimann, Central Michigan
4. Zach Tom, Wake Forest
5. Abraham Lucas, Washington State
6. Kellen Diesch, Arizona State
7. Sean Rhyan, UCLA
8. Charles Cross, Mississippi State
9. Matt Waletzko, North Dakota 
10a. Evan Neal, Alabama
10b. Luke Goedeke, Central Michigan

I know I'm gonna get roasted for these rankings, but I stand by them. This is the weakest OT class I have seen since 2019 and that class was terrible. I don't see any standout LT's coming from this class. There might be a handful of good NFL RT's from this class, but the LT's are very bad. 

OG

1. Ikem Ekwonu, North Carolina
2. Zion Johnson, Boston College
3. Jamaree Salyer, Georgia
4. Zach Tom, Wake Forest
5. Cole Strange, Chatanooga
6. Cade Mays, Tennessee
7. Nick Ford, Utah
8. Darrian Kinnard, Kentucky
9. Chris Paul, Tulsa
10. Zach Thomas, San Diego State

This is another extremely deep group. I know Ekwonu, Salyer and Kinnard play OT in college, but I think they all tend to struggle in space and should kick inside to OG where they can utilize their power and technique to neutralize defenders, so I see them as OG's only. 

Center

1. Tyler Linderbaum, Iowa
2. Zion Johnson, Boston College
3. Zach Tom, Wake Forest
4. Cole Strange, Chatanooga
5. Nick Ford, Utah
6. Alec Lindstrom, Boston College
7. Dohnovan West, Arizona State
8. Ben Brown, Mississippi
9. Cam Jurgens, Nebraska
10. Dylan Parham, Memphis

Quite simply the deepest, best Center class I have ever seen in my lifetime. We MUST draft someone from this class to be our franchise Center of the future. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Question about the TE prospects.  Of the 4 we currently have on the roster, Engram is an F, Arnold is more of the versatile Y, and Manhertz and Farrell are essentially blockers only.  Seems to me we would want McBride or Dulcich because they could both be Ys.  Otherwise, you're looking at mainly Likely and Woods as Fs.  Are any of the others worth taking since we already have Manhertz and Farrell?
[Image: giphy.gif]

(04-10-2022, 01:10 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Question about the TE prospects.  Of the 4 we currently have on the roster, Engram is an F, Arnold is more of the versatile Y, and Manhertz and Farrell are essentially blockers only.  Seems to me we would want McBride or Dulcich because they could both be Ys.  Otherwise, you're looking at mainly Likely and Woods as Fs.  Are any of the others worth taking since we already have Manhertz and Farrell?

McBride would be a great fit for this offense imo and is a bit underrated as a prospect.

(04-10-2022, 01:10 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Question about the TE prospects.  Of the 4 we currently have on the roster, Engram is an F, Arnold is more of the versatile Y, and Manhertz and Farrell are essentially blockers only.  Seems to me we would want McBride or Dulcich because they could both be Ys.  Otherwise, you're looking at mainly Likely and Woods as Fs.  Are any of the others worth taking since we already have Manhertz and Farrell?

Personally, I see McBride as the best "big play" TE in the draft, but I also see Jelani Woods as the most well rounded. He is a very good blocker and that's what they used him as prior to this season, but when he was given a chance to show what he had as a pass catcher he exploded for 44 catches totaling just under 600 yards and 13.6 YPC. I don't just see Woods as just a pass catcher or just a blocker. If anything, he is a Y TE, because he can catch and block at a high level. He is also very hard to bring down, from a tackling standpoint. 

Personally, there are several TE's from this class I really like. Charlie Kolar is a good pass catching TE. He's not as athletic as some of the other guys, so I wouldn't expect him to make many big plays, but he consistently finds the seams and makes key catches in the middle and along the sidelines. He's not the greatest blocker, but as a receiver, he has a ton of value. I see him as a Dalton Schultz type. 

Jake Ferguson is a very good blocker, but when given the chance to act primarily as a receiver, he has really delivered as well. Like Kolar, he's not going to "wow" you with his athleticism, but he will consistently make key receptions when needed. I see him as a Hunter Henry type. 

I really like Derrick Deese of San Jose State. He has some work to do on his blocking, but as a pass catcher he is a big play threat who hauled in 47 receptions for over 700 yards last season. I was expecting him to run much faster than he did, because on tape and in games, he showed the ability to get separation on opposing DB's and linebackers. I think a lot of people are sleeping on this guy. 

Finally, I have my draft sleeper which is Lucas Krull of Pitt. He flashed quite a bit in the Pitt games I watched. He has good hands and is an average blocker, but really wasn't able to be "turned loose" during the season. He really surprised a lot of people including myself when he ran an impressive 4.54/40 at his pro day at 6'6" 258 lbs. He also showed a solid 35" vertical as well. I think he has all the tools to be a primary weapon as a pass catching TE in the NFL.

I would be pleased with any of these guys.

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2022, 04:00 PM by Upper. Edited 2 times in total.)

PFF just did their TE primer podcast and I am higher on Krull and James Mitchell now. I would be very happy with Jelani at 106, or Krull/Mitchell/Bellinger in the 5th or 6th. I see value with McBride or Dulcich at 65 but don't see the fit.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I know you don't like Evan Neal, but hypothetically (assuming no trades), at which of the Jaguars draft spots would you take him?  I'm assuming you would pass at #33.  If he hypothetically was available at #65 or #70, would you take him?

Also, you say there is a big drop-off in wide receiver after the top 10.  However, I've also seen you say in another thread that if the Jaguars don't get one of the top five, they should wait until day 3 to draft one.  Why?  If there's a big drop-off, wouldn't it make sense to get one of the top 10 wide receivers in rounds 2 or 3?

(04-17-2022, 12:46 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: I know you don't like Evan Neal, but hypothetically (assuming no trades), at which of the Jaguars draft spots would you take him?  I'm assuming you would pass at #33.  If he hypothetically was available at #65 or #70, would you take him?

Also, you say there is a big drop-off in wide receiver after the top 10.  However, I've also seen you say in another thread that if the Jaguars don't get one of the top five, they should wait until day 3 to draft one.  Why?  If there's a big drop-off, wouldn't it make sense to get one of the top 10 wide receivers in rounds 2 or 3?

No. To me, Neal is an average RT at best. I probably wouldn't touch him until our 4th round pick, because I just don't think he'll be any better than Cam Robinson or Walker Little. I do think he's much better than Jawaan Taylor though, but that isn't saying much. 

Because the top 5 receivers are true #1's in my opinion. The guys from 5-10 are mainly possession and slot receivers. We don't need another slot receiver. We just overpaid for one big time. Personally, I would love to have David Bell, but I think the Jags are looking for more of an outside speed receiver and I just don't see one of those in the 5-10 range. I think we grab a couple bigger, speed receivers on the third day of the draft and hope they develop. It's not ideal, but at least it wouldn't be reaching.