Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
R.I.P. Dwayne Haskins

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...gr%5Etweet

Way too young. Very sad.
I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Wow...
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Holy cow. That is sad.

So sad! He was just a kid.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Taken way too young. R.I.P.

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2022, 04:34 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

Really sad. Had just gotten married last year, seemed to be maturing as a person.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Very sad news.

https://twitter.com/_TJWatt/status/15128...10im5LT9tg

Actually got to meet him when he played at Bullis in HS. Then watched him torch my Terps.

Really nice kid and taken way too early. Extremely sad.

Absolutely shocked and saddened hearing this. Wow..

What a tragedy

Damn, way too young.

RIP

Rest easy Dwayne.

This is a sad one.

Feel for everybody involved, his family, friends etc, but especially for his teammates who were with him and seen it happened. What an awful scene that had to be   Cry
https://twitter.com/ChaseClaypool/status...9854934019

this sound odd to me...??? Walking on the interstate?
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(04-09-2022, 08:48 PM)Jag149 Wrote: this sound odd to me...??? Walking on the interstate?

Apparently their car broke down

(04-09-2022, 09:10 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-09-2022, 08:48 PM)Jag149 Wrote: this sound odd to me...??? Walking on the interstate?

Apparently their car broke down

ok new rule. Treavor do not walk on the interstate.  Call for AAA and stay with your car.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2022, 09:36 AM by Khan Artist.)

(04-09-2022, 09:21 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(04-09-2022, 09:10 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Apparently their car broke down

ok new rule. Treavor do not walk on the interstate.  Call for AAA and stay with your car.

Way to be a tool.

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2022, 11:14 AM by NewJagsCity.)

(04-10-2022, 09:36 AM)Khan Artist Wrote:
(04-09-2022, 09:21 PM)Jag149 Wrote: ok new rule. Treavor do not walk on the interstate.  Call for AAA and stay with your car.

Way to be a tool.

Calling AAA and staying with the car would have most likely saved his life. What's your problem with that?
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(04-10-2022, 11:14 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(04-10-2022, 09:36 AM)Khan Artist Wrote: Way to be a tool.

Calling AAA and staying with the car would have most likely saved his life.  What's your problem with that?

It is the framing. Instead of keeping the discussion about Dwayne and his family, you made Trevor the and Jags the main topic of your statement and also turned it into a joke.

Tool was probably harsh, but in the world of the internet speak, maybe not? 

I would say your comment is Harsh or at least "too soon".

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2022, 03:39 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-10-2022, 12:17 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(04-10-2022, 11:14 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Calling AAA and staying with the car would have most likely saved his life.  What's your problem with that?

It is the framing. Instead of keeping the discussion about Dwayne and his family, you made Trevor the and Jags the main topic of your statement and also turned it into a joke.

Tool was probably harsh, but in the world of the internet speak, maybe not? 

I would say your comment is Harsh or at least "too soon".

First of all, 'I' didn't make the comment, Jag149 did. Agreed that the Trevor comment was unnecessary, but his 2nd point is valid, the guy should have called AAA or Road Rangers and stayed with the car.