Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
And This Weeks Darwin Award Goes To.......

Florida teen killed while friends were taking turns shooting one another in bulletproof vest, police say

The boy was transported to a hospital where he later died

A Florida boy, 16, was killed this week after he and at least two others took turns shooting one another while wearing body armor, officials said.

Joshua Vining and Colton Whitler, both 17, were arrested Thursday and are being tried as adults in connection with the shooting incident Sunday in Belleview (about 70 miles northwest of Orlando), where Christopher Leroy Broad Jr. was killed, according to the Belleview Police Department.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-teen-...YWTvVA87dc
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This isn't too suprizing for here in Florida. I have a cousin who was playing John Deere tractor/mower chicken 30 years or so ago with a friend of his on the 10 acres that my aunt/uncle owned in Citrus County. My cousin's friend rolled his tractor over on the side of a hill; it threw him off, righted itself and mowed over both of his legs. He didn't survive.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(04-09-2022, 04:32 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: This isn't too suprizing for here in Florida.  I have a cousin who was playing John Deere tractor/mower chicken 30 years or so ago with a friend of his on the 10 acres that my aunt/uncle owned in Citrus County.  My cousin's friend rolled his tractor over on the side of a hill; it threw him off, righted itself and mowed over both of his legs.  He didn't survive.

As aggravating as it is, this is why there are multiple safety switches/dead man switches that kick in on later pieces of equipment.  Hard lesson to learn.  Kids/adolescents do silly things. I’ve heard similar stories and even knew someone that survived a similar experience.   I’m surprised this lady’s legs were even able to hold her 130 lbs up.  I’ve heard other stories with mowers too.  Getting too close to lakes and it rolling on top the operator in the lake then drowning.   All preventable.  But deadly if not taken seriously.

(04-09-2022, 08:08 PM)Jags Wrote:
(04-09-2022, 04:32 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: This isn't too suprizing for here in Florida.  I have a cousin who was playing John Deere tractor/mower chicken 30 years or so ago with a friend of his on the 10 acres that my aunt/uncle owned in Citrus County.  My cousin's friend rolled his tractor over on the side of a hill; it threw him off, righted itself and mowed over both of his legs.  He didn't survive.

As aggravating as it is, this is why there are multiple safety switches/dead man switches that kick in on later pieces of equipment.  Hard lesson to learn.  Kids/adolescents do silly things. I’ve heard similar stories and even knew someone that survived a similar experience.   I’m surprised this lady’s legs were even able to hold her 130 lbs up.  I’ve heard other stories with mowers too.  Getting too close to lakes and it rolling on top the operator in the lake then drowning.   All preventable.  But deadly if not taken seriously.

Most heavy equipment also has a seatbelt.  Mowers don't have roll cages, but excavators and loaders do.  Maybe mowers will soon.  
Thanks for doing the dangerous work you do!
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(04-09-2022, 09:50 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-09-2022, 08:08 PM)Jags Wrote: As aggravating as it is, this is why there are multiple safety switches/dead man switches that kick in on later pieces of equipment.  Hard lesson to learn.  Kids/adolescents do silly things. I’ve heard similar stories and even knew someone that survived a similar experience.   I’m surprised this lady’s legs were even able to hold her 130 lbs up.  I’ve heard other stories with mowers too.  Getting too close to lakes and it rolling on top the operator in the lake then drowning.   All preventable.  But deadly if not taken seriously.

Most heavy equipment also has a seatbelt.  Mowers don't have roll cages, but excavators and loaders do.  Maybe mowers will soon.  

Lol, it’s only dangerous if you don’t know what you’re doing or an idiot.  Actually, the sit down mowers do have seatbelts and roll bars.  I don’t know of a single person that uses either of them except the big companies that hire just about anyone breathing.  Most use standers now.  Which are pretty easy to ditch if the occasion happens to arise.  Then it’ll shut off and stop in its tracks within a few feet, or go into the drink by itself while the operator tries his best to come up with a really good reason why it wasn’t his fault.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-10-2022, 08:08 AM)Jags Wrote:
(04-09-2022, 09:50 PM)mikesez Wrote: Most heavy equipment also has a seatbelt.  Mowers don't have roll cages, but excavators and loaders do.  Maybe mowers will soon.  

Lol, it’s only dangerous if you don’t know what you’re doing or an idiot.  Actually, the sit down mowers do have seatbelts and roll bars.  I don’t know of a single person that uses either of them except the big companies that hire just about anyone breathing.  Most use standers now.  Which are pretty easy to ditch if the occasion happens to arise.  Then it’ll shut off and stop in its tracks within a few feet, or go into the drink by itself while the operator tries his best to come up with a really good reason why it wasn’t his fault.

Lol
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.