Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Prospect comparison thread

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2022, 01:26 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

Just wanted to name a couple prospect from different drafts and get yalls opinion on who you thing is the better prospect.  Anyone could name a few as well to get opinions from others as to where we feel these guys line up against others.

Who do yall like better as a prospect?

Freiermuth vs McBride?

Elijah Moore vs Dotson?

Who do you like better as a prospect?

Trevon Moehrig Vs Lewis Cine

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Rashad Batemon vs George Pickens

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2022, 02:23 PM by Upper. Edited 1 time in total.)

Freiermuth, Moore, and Cine for me. I am pretty locked in on one of the safeties being our best pick at 33.

I didn't really like Bateman and I still don't know how much I like Pickens.

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2022, 02:25 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-10-2022, 02:20 PM)Upper Wrote: Freiermuth, Moore, and Cine for me.

Damn, you didn't like Freieruth at all.  You must really not like McBride.  I liked Freiermuth but I like McBride a bit better

I'd go, McBride, Moore, Moehrig, Bateman and Pickens is a push for me

(04-10-2022, 02:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-10-2022, 02:20 PM)Upper Wrote: Freiermuth, Moore, and Cine for me.

Damn, you didn't like Freieruth at all.  You must really not like McBride.  I liked Freiermuth but I like McBride a bit better

I didn't dislike Freiermuth, I just don't like spending high picks on TE so I didn't want him at 28 or 33.

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2022, 02:39 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-10-2022, 02:29 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-10-2022, 02:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Damn, you didn't like Freieruth at all.  You must really not like McBride.  I liked Freiermuth but I like McBride a bit better

I didn't dislike Freiermuth, I just don't like spending high picks on TE so I didn't want him at 28 or 33.

In today's NFL TE is just as important as WR imo.  When you look at all these great and championship teams over the years most had a difference maker at TE

There are also less difference makers at TE so it's harder to find a good TE than it is WR. If you can get one I think you need to pull the trigger

(04-10-2022, 02:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-10-2022, 02:29 PM)Upper Wrote: I didn't dislike Freiermuth, I just don't like spending high picks on TE so I didn't want him at 28 or 33.

In today's NFL TE is just as important as WR imo. 

Lol you say a lot of silly stuff and this is near the top. The franchise tag (aka a top 5 TE) for TE was 11 million. We just paid a good WR3 type to an 18M+ contract, and two teams gave 1st and 2nds + 30M contracts to trade for WRs.

The second silly part is that WR can jump in and have solid seasons right away. It usually takes at least 2 full seasons and often more for TE to become impact players.

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2022, 02:53 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(04-10-2022, 02:42 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-10-2022, 02:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: In today's NFL TE is just as important as WR imo. 

Lol you say a lot of silly stuff and this is near the top. The franchise tag (aka a top 5 TE) for TE was 11 million. We just paid a good WR3 type to an 18M+ contract, and two teams gave 1st  and 2nds + 30M contracts to trade for WRs.

The second silly part is that WR can jump in and have solid seasons right away. It usually takes at least 2 full seasons and often more for TE to become impact players.
We over paid for Kirk and those 2 WRs are arguably the best in the league.  If Kittle and Kelce got traded they would get the same or more in return.  If it takes year 2 to make a big difference who cares?  We aren't drafting a guy for one season, if he's a good hopefully It's for the majority of his career.  You said the same thing about Freiermuth, you didn't want him because it might take till year 2 to make an impact.  He had 500 yards and 7 TDs and was a decent blocker as well.  Not sure what it takes for you to consider and impact at the TE position.  Pitts had 1000 yards but yes the good TEs usually breaks out in year 2, that's not a big deal to me, if it takes till year 2 to break out then I'm good with that.  There are a lot more good WRs than TEs.  It's not like we are SB contenders nor were we last year so I don't care if it takes 2 years to make an impact.  If we can draft a difference maker at TE then it's worth it

(04-10-2022, 02:29 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-10-2022, 02:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Damn, you didn't like Freieruth at all.  You must really not like McBride.  I liked Freiermuth but I like McBride a bit better

Didn't you bang the drum for OJ Howard at #4 in 2017?

(04-10-2022, 03:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-10-2022, 02:29 PM)Upper Wrote: I didn't dislike Freiermuth, I just don't like spending high picks on TE so I didn't want him at 28 or 33.

One thing as well is he used to always remind people that we aren't just drafting for this year, we are drafting for the future too.

(04-10-2022, 03:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

He was like the 5th guy on my wish list, but yes I liked him a lot. I would hope that most of us have different opinions than we did half of a decade ago.

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2022, 05:45 PM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-10-2022, 01:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Just wanted to name a couple prospect from different drafts and get yalls opinion on who you thing is the better prospect.  Anyone could name a few as well to get opinions from others as to where we feel these guys line up against others.

Who do yall like better as a prospect?

Freiermuth vs McBride?

Elijah Moore vs Dotson?

Who do you like better as a prospect?

Trevon Moehrig Vs  Lewis Cine

Right now, I believe McBride, Dotson and Cline are all better prospects. I was never that high on Freiermuth, Moore or Moehrig.

(04-10-2022, 01:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Rashad Batemon vs George Pickens

Bateman all day and I was not his biggest fan either. It's just that I hate Pickens.

(04-10-2022, 03:46 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-10-2022, 03:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Didn't you bang the drum for OJ Howard at #4 in 2017?

He was like the 5th guy on my wish list, but yes I liked him a lot. I would hope that most of us have different opinions than we did half of a decade ago.

I thought RB at 4 was a [BLEEP] idea in 2017 and still believe that now. 

I thought TE at 4 was a [BLEEP] idea in 2017 and still believe that now. 

So - one of us has different opinions on positional value than we did 5 years ago.

(04-10-2022, 08:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-10-2022, 03:46 PM)Upper Wrote: He was like the 5th guy on my wish list, but yes I liked him a lot. I would hope that most of us have different opinions than we did half of a decade ago.

So - one of us has different opinions on positional value than we did 5 years ago.

It's less of a positional value argument and more of a hit/miss rate and developemental timeline reason for not taking TE early. If teams find a way to predict TE better and develop them faster then I see no reason why taking a top TE prospect top 10 would be a bad idea.

RB, OG, NT, and off ball LB are the only positions I wouldn't take top 10 purely because of position value reasons (and even then there are extreme outliers like Nelson).

(04-10-2022, 08:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-10-2022, 03:46 PM)Upper Wrote: He was like the 5th guy on my wish list, but yes I liked him a lot. I would hope that most of us have different opinions than we did half of a decade ago.

I wanted McCaffrey at 4.

(04-10-2022, 08:41 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-10-2022, 08:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I thought RB at 4 was a [BLEEP] idea in 2017 and still believe that now. 

It's less of a positional value argument and more of a hit/miss rate and developemental timeline reason for not taking TE early. If teams find a way to predict TE better and develop them faster then I see no reason why taking a top TE prospect top 10 would be a bad idea.

RB, OG, NT, and off ball LB are the only positions I wouldn't take top 10 purely because of position value reasons (and even then there are extreme outliers like Nelson).

You're simply specifying one reason why TE has less positional value while trying to say it's not a positional value argument. 

You then go on to illustrate more positional value by listing positions you value less than TE.

(04-10-2022, 08:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-10-2022, 08:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I thought RB at 4 was a [BLEEP] idea in 2017 and still believe that now. 

I wanted McCaffrey at 4.

And his injuries have proven why taking RBs early is a [BLEEP] idea. 
They get used up and cast aside more often than not.

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2022, 05:57 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-10-2022, 09:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-10-2022, 08:41 PM)Upper Wrote: It's less of a positional value argument and more of a hit/miss rate and developemental timeline reason for not taking TE early. If teams find a way to predict TE better and develop them faster then I see no reason why taking a top TE prospect top 10 would be a bad idea.

You're simply specifying one reason why TE has less positional value while trying to say it's not a positional value argument. 

You then go on to illustrate more positional value by listing positions you value less than TE.

(04-10-2022, 08:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I wanted McCaffrey at 4.

If we didn't go QB, TJ Watt would of been the right pick to make.  A lot of people and  teams missed on him.  McCaffery would of been a good pick if he can stay hralthy

(04-11-2022, 05:56 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-10-2022, 09:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: You're simply specifying one reason why TE has less positional value while trying to say it's not a positional value argument. 

If we didn't go QB, TJ Watt would of been the right pick to make.  A lot of people and  teams missed on him.  McCaffery would of been a good pick if he can stay hralthy
McCaffery would have been a bad pick even if he stayed healthy.

He’s a fantastic player but just look at the rest of the RBs in that draft. No reason to waste a top 4 pick on a RB.

(04-11-2022, 07:32 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-11-2022, 05:56 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we didn't go QB, TJ Watt would of been the right pick to make.  A lot of people and  teams missed on him.  McCaffery would of been a good pick if he can stay hralthy
McCaffery would have been a bad pick even if he stayed healthy.

He’s a fantastic player but just look at the rest of the RBs in that draft. No reason to waste a top 4 pick on a RB.
I disagree, he's a great WR as well. He's good for 1000+ receiving and 1000+  rushing .  Definitely worth a top 5 pick if healthy.  He is a game changer and game breaker when he plays

(04-11-2022, 07:46 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-11-2022, 07:32 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: McCaffery would have been a bad pick even if he stayed healthy.

I disagree, he's a great WR as well. He's good for 1000+ receiving and 1000+  rushing .  Definitely worth a top 5 pick if healthy.  He is a game changer and game breaker when he plays

Set the counter for days since flgators made a poor team construction comment back to zero.