Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Prospect comparison thread

(04-11-2022, 07:46 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-11-2022, 07:32 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: McCaffery would have been a bad pick even if he stayed healthy.

He’s a fantastic player but just look at the rest of the RBs in that draft. No reason to waste a top 4 pick on a RB.
I disagree, he's a great WR as well. He's good for 1000+ receiving and 1000+  rushing .  Definitely worth a top 5 pick if healthy.  He is a game changer and game breaker when he plays
Aaron Jones can be all those things and he was taken in round 5.

RB at 4 is the 3rd worst possible positional selection behind punter and kicker.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-11-2022, 11:53 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-11-2022, 07:46 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I disagree, he's a great WR as well. He's good for 1000+ receiving and 1000+  rushing .  Definitely worth a top 5 pick if healthy.  He is a game changer and game breaker when he plays
Aaron Jones can be all those things and he was taken in round 5.

RB at 4 is the 3rd worst possible positional selection behind punter and kicker.
If there was a re draft Jones would likely go in the 1st.  Jones can't be no 1000 yrd WR lol,  he isn't close to the WR McCaffrey is.  Not sure if Jones will ever even break 500 yards receiving.   Diggs and Hill was taken in the 5th round as well, it's not saying much what round he was drafted in, teams just missed on him.

(04-11-2022, 12:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-11-2022, 11:53 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Aaron Jones can be all those things and he was taken in round 5.

If there was a re draft Jones would likely go in the 1st.  Jones can't be no 1000 yrd WR lol,  he isn't close to the WR McCaffrey is.  Not sure if Jones will ever even break 500 yards receiving.   Diggs and Hill was taken in the 5th round as well, it's not saying much what round he was drafted in, teams just missed on him.
Buddy. If Aaron Jones saw 140+ targets like CMac, he could get 1,000 receiving yards too.

CMac played on a team where the QB just dumps the ball off every single play. Aaron Jones had the best WR in football taking all the teams passing targets as the #1 option. CMac was the #1 option every game and they force fed him.

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2022, 12:21 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

McCaffrey could play WR only and be a Pro Bowl level receiver

(04-11-2022, 12:17 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-11-2022, 12:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If there was a re draft Jones would likely go in the 1st.  Jones can't be no 1000 yrd WR lol,  he isn't close to the WR McCaffrey is.  Not sure if Jones will ever even break 500 yards receiving.   Diggs and Hill was taken in the 5th round as well, it's not saying much what round he was drafted in, teams just missed on him.
Buddy. If Aaron Jones saw 140+ targets like CMac, he could get 1,000 receiving yards too.

CMac played on a team where the QB just dumps the ball off every single play. Aaron Jones had the best WR in football taking all the teams passing targets as the #1 option. CMac was the #1 option every game and they force fed him.
Jones isn't close to the receiver McCaffrey is lol

Yes McCaffrey was number 1 option every play because he is that dude. I'd like to see him behind a good oline and with a good QB but that will likely never happen

(04-11-2022, 12:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: McCaffrey could play WR only and be a Pro Bowl level receiver

(04-11-2022, 12:17 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Buddy. If Aaron Jones saw 140+ targets like CMac, he could get 1,000 receiving yards too.

Jones isn't close to the receiver McCaffrey is lol

Yes McCaffrey was number 1 option every play because he is that dude.  I'd like to see him behind a good oline and with a good QB but that will likely never happen
That’s not the point though is it?

If Aaron Jones saw 140+ targets, he could easily get 1,000 receiving yards.

And that’s still not the overall point. A RB at #4 overall is such bad value. We go over this every single year so I’m not sure why I still bother.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Saw a article saying that jags should pass on mcbride if it requires one of our top two picks cause we have more pressing needs that need fixing

(04-10-2022, 03:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-10-2022, 02:29 PM)Upper Wrote: I didn't dislike Freiermuth, I just don't like spending high picks on TE so I didn't want him at 28 or 33.

Didn't you bang the drum for OJ Howard at #4 in 2017?

Omg! I remember so many people wanted him. Howard and Lamp.

(04-14-2022, 07:21 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(04-10-2022, 03:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Didn't you bang the drum for OJ Howard at #4 in 2017?

Omg! I remember so many people wanted him. Howard and Lamp.

Everyone wanted Lamp.  That injury really did him in.  I hope Etienne can break the streak of players missing their whole rookie season due to injury being busts