Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Washington Football Team in Trouble with The Feds......

Congress Accuses NFL Team of Potentially Violating Financial Laws

The U.S. House Oversight Committee sent a letter to the Federal Trade Commission saying it found evidence the NFL’s Washington Commanders engaged in potentially unlawful financial conduct for more than a decade by withholding ticket revenue from visiting teams and refundable deposits from fans.

https://www.westernjournal.com/congress-...D92i5M4Waw
Me sarcastic? No couldn't be. I am much too dim witted to grasp the quaint subtleties of such potent mockery!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Here’s an example of how the “juice” practice allegedly worked. Friedman told the Committee that he “falsely processed” $162,360 in Commanders ticket revenue as arising from a Navy-Notre Dame game at FedEx Field. The team’s former chief financial officer, Steven Choi, allegedly directed Friedman to do it this way, in a May 6, 2014 email.

“So this is the two sets of books,” Friedman told the Committee, based on the letter obtained by the Post. “So in this particular case, there’s a set of books that’s submitted to the NFL that doesn’t include the $162,000, but then there’s a set of books that’s kept internally shown to Mr. Snyder and Mr. Snyder’s — I believe just Mr. Snyder, actually, and the people in his inner circle maybe, that shows what we actually did, which would include the $162,000 of juice.”
If Friedman has documents to back up his claim, that’s a major problem for the organization and for Snyder. Likewise, it’s impossible for the league to remain quiet about this — even if some in the league office would likely prefer that nothing come of it.
Those who should have caught it will face tough questions from the other teams. Especially given the all-too-cozy relationship between NFL general counsel Jeff Pash and former team president Bruce Allen.
Where it goes from now remains to be seen. The FTC should investigate. A local prosecutor should investigate. The NFL should investigate. Lawsuits should be filed, especially by those whose security deposits may have been stolen — if Friedman’s allegations are accurate.
Ultimately, it could be time for the NFL to finally rid itself of Daniel Snyder. It’s arguably long overdue.

I brought up this ongoing investigation a while back while illustrating how the Jags don't have the worst owner in football. 

Now it is all starting to unravel for Snyder.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...d-the-nfl/

This is the report from 6 weeks ago I shared in the Irsay thread.

https://frontofficesports.com/nfls-comma...le-sharing

Worst owner in sports.

Hopefully this gets him out and Ted Leonsis buys them (owns the Caps and Wizards).

Yeah, this ain't something you can wriggle out of. Snyder might claim ignorance, in that he only saw one set of books, but something tells me if he throws Choi or his finance team under the bus, they will sing like birds.

Brady was positioning to be a minority owner in Miami till Ariens put the kibosh on it, could this be an opening for him after this year? Maybe not as it is Washington ... not exactly the right latitude.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Hopefully the final nail in his [BLEEP] coffin.

He'll weasel out of this somehow too. He'll pay up and cut a check to the IRS and the NFL and it'll be business as usual.

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2022, 03:50 AM by ChrisJagBoy.)

Wheres the dummies saying Shad Khan was the worst owner at.
lmao

(04-13-2022, 10:22 AM)Jag149 Wrote: Brady was positioning to be a minority owner in Miami till Ariens put the kibosh on it, could this be an opening for him after this year? Maybe not as it is Washington ... not exactly the right latitude.

The 'player owner' dynamic that I heard rumored was kinda bad [BLEEP]. Can you imagine lol.

(04-13-2022, 03:35 PM)Kane Wrote: He'll weasel out of this somehow too. He'll pay up and cut a check to the IRS and the NFL and it'll be business as usual.

My thoughts exactly