Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Derek Carr Extension

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

For the worst QB in his division. Wow.

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2022, 01:36 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

The real 'Wow' is going to be when we have to extend Trevor. Top deals may be at 300Mil by then.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(04-13-2022, 01:35 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: The real 'Wow' is going to be when we have to extend Trevor.  Top deals may be at 300Mil by then.

I've been assured there's no hope for him, so we dodged that bullet. 

Kidding aside - it is very possible we are looking at a Mahomes-like contract for Trevor in 2024 if he has a notable 2023 season.

(04-13-2022, 03:39 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-13-2022, 01:35 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: The real 'Wow' is going to be when we have to extend Trevor.  Top deals may be at 300Mil by then.

I've been assured there's no hope for him, so we dodged that bullet. 

Kidding aside - it is very possible we are looking at a Mahomes-like contract for Trevor in 2024 if he has a notable 2023 season.

It would take something very special for trev to backtrack performance wise for the upcomming season

The bloke has nearly the cards he needs for a stellar season

Here’s hoping!

I would love nothing more than to see Trevor get a 300+ million dollar deal from the Jags.

(04-13-2022, 07:40 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
Here’s hoping!

I would love nothing more than to see Trevor get a 300+ million dollar deal from the Jags.

Yes, if he were to deserve that we all will have had a few great years. Maybe as an incentive he could be on Below Deck Mediterranean too.  Is it just me or does he remind you of Ronnie Bass from Remember the Titans? His nickname in the movie was Sunshine.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(04-13-2022, 09:27 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(04-13-2022, 07:40 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Here’s hoping!

Yes, if he were to deserve that we all will have had a few great years. Maybe as an incentive he could be on Below Deck Mediterranean too.  Is it just me or does he remind you of Ronnie Bass from Remember the Titans? His nickname in the movie was Sunshine.

"You see that, man? that's a baaad white boy, man". Love that movie.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(04-13-2022, 11:53 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: For the worst QB in his division. Wow.

I believe only 20 something is fully gtd though. That's the market. He's better than half ish of the league, probably better option than trying a rookie from this class. If you got a guy eventually you have to pay him, if you got a guy that's somewhere in the middle you'll likely overpay unless you wanna start all over with a new rookie.

I'd love for us to be in a position where Trevor earns an astronomical contract - because that would mean that we are most likely doing good as a team.

It's a lot better than trying to find your next franchise QB and getting stuck in the doldrums with the teams constantly in a QB carousel.

(04-14-2022, 10:17 AM)Kane Wrote:
(04-13-2022, 11:53 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: For the worst QB in his division. Wow.

I believe only 20 something is fully gtd though. That's the market. He's better than half ish of the league, probably better option than trying a rookie from this class. If you got a guy eventually you have to pay him, if you got a guy that's somewhere in the middle you'll likely overpay unless you wanna start all over with a new rookie.

I see him as being in the Tannehill level of QBs. Good enough that your team can win games with him and possibly even get confused into thinking he's an upper tier guy, but in big games he comes up small.

Kind of like David Garrard, he's a guy for which a coach would feel like they can game plan for the level of consistency they get, but they're going to be terrified if they have to put it in the QB's hands to go win a big game.

(04-14-2022, 10:17 AM)Kane Wrote:

No doubt. However, in that division? He's never going to win a playoff game. He may never even see the playoffs. Ever. Because of the quality of the QBs ahead of him. Being top 15 is awesome... unless the Top 6 in the entire NFL are in your division. Then you suck.

Just unfortunate timing for the Raiders. They get a franchise guy that can't ever be a franchise guy because the other franchises have much better guys.

(04-15-2022, 09:19 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(04-14-2022, 10:17 AM)Kane Wrote: I believe only 20 something is fully gtd though. That's the market. He's better than half ish of the league, probably better option than trying a rookie from this class. If you got a guy eventually you have to pay him, if you got a guy that's somewhere in the middle you'll likely overpay unless you wanna start all over with a new rookie.

No doubt. However, in that division? He's never going to win a playoff game. He may never even see the playoffs. Ever. Because of the quality of the QBs ahead of him. Being top 15 is awesome... unless the Top 6 in the entire NFL are in your division. Then you suck.

Just unfortunate timing for the Raiders. They get a franchise guy that can't ever be a franchise guy because the other franchises have much better guys.

Maybe. But with an extra playoff team now, it's possible that the Raiders could sneak in as a 7 seed. Maybe the Broncos roster doesn't come together and Russell Wilson doesn't carry them through. Maybe an injury happens or Herbert's Bolts continue to under achieve. The NFL always has a surprise team or two make the playoffs every season

Don’t worry, Trevor will be playing for the Rams by 2024.

(04-19-2022, 12:38 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Don’t worry, Trevor will be playing for the Rams by 2024.

...you think they'll have darft picks by then? LOL