Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TheO-LineMatters 7 round Mock Draft

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2022, 09:18 PM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-18-2022, 08:57 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-18-2022, 08:41 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: The kid from Notre Dame, Kyren Williams isn't a power back at all. He's 5'9" 194 lbs. He's more of a scatback than anything else. He is an excellent receiver, but posted a very poor 4.65/40 at the Combine. Personally, I don't like Dameon Pierce at all, but he's been getting a lot of hype lately. 

Ideally, we wouldn't waste a pick on a RB and a guy like Abram Smith of Baylor, Ty Chandler of North Carolina or Bryant Koback of Toledo sign with us as an UDFA. I really like all of these guys. They run "angry". They are average size, but run with power and don't get tackled easily. IMO, I just don't see the sense in drafting a RB when that player is likely gonna get knocked down to 3rd string, once Etienne and Robinson are healthy. I'd rather use that pick to add another WR, depth at OLB, depth at ILB, another CB or O-Line help. That's just me though.

Mea culpa on Williams.  I thought/could have sworn they had a power back.

To me, drafting a RB for us makes sense given the # of late picks we have.  Got about a week and a half until the real thing.  I'm stoked.  Just hope like hell we get it right.

Usually, Notre Dame uses power backs. Williams was a different kind of back for them. They went against their norm when they recruited him.

Amen! This thing is gonna start out real bad, if we do something stupid with pick #1 though. Ideally we trade down, but that looks like a long shot. I just don't want any more reaches on players though. We're still feeling the effects of drafting C.J. Henderson and K'Lavon Chaisson.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheO-LineMatters 7 round Mock Draft - by TheO-LineMatters - 04-18-2022, 09:16 PM