Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lawrence Critique (merged)

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2021, 02:13 PM by jaguarmvp.)

Let me be fair and correct Myself.  He is not last in almost every category.  Here are his rankings

YPA:  A horrendous 6 yards
Yards:  25th
TD: Tied for 24th
INt: Tied for 29th
QBR:  Tied for 29th
3rd down (money down) completion percentage:  33rd

I get that he is a rookie and the receivers are average but I was not expecting him to be playing as bad as he is.  It isn't like he is helping the situation either. 

Time will tell if he works it out but the here and now is HORRENDOUS!

We could be .500 or better right now if we had a QB who played just average.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

(11-15-2021, 02:13 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Let me be fair and correct Myself.  He is not last in almost every category.  Here are his rankings

YPA:  A horrendous 6 yards
Yards:  25th
TD: Tied for 24th
INt: Tied for 29th
QBR:  Tied for 29th
3rd down (money down) completion percentage:  33rd

I get that he is a rookie and the receivers are average but I was not expecting him to be playing as bad as he is.  It isn't like he is helping the situation either. 

Time will tell if he works it out but the here and now is HORRENDOUS!

We could be .500 or better right now if we had a QB who played just average.  Better coaching
There ya go.

Anyone who thinks another QB can step in and automatically do better is deluded. The situation is untenable and it’s honestly shocking we have two wins. Maybe Brady could do it, but this would still be a .500 team at best

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2021, 02:43 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

The fact TLaw is getting blamed after this piss poor season so far with bad coaching etc is laughable yet embarassing. How any of you saying things like, if he was better we would be better, while calling yourself football intelligent is mind blowing.

Oline play has been barely decent only due to his play, WRs have dropped enough passes to make him top 15 in most stats if caught. Penalties have also hurt. Big plays are non existent because of call backs on penalties. Any momentum is killed after repeated miss fgs after fighting for scoring position. Defense plays defense when they feel like it. Playcalling is horrible and not enough short stuff. oC remember arnold is suppose to help Trevor and the run game instead of deep balls to number 2s and 3s against better corners. H

He has been below average but apparently yall dont watch the other teams play or understand what you see with these non hot takes. Pull up a roster and coaches and compare. If u think its close and not the jets your talking, turn off the electronic devices and go to bed. Happy monday but definitely noted who has little to no knowledge of what they are talking about at all.

Im all in on trevor. Wasnt sold pre draft on him being the next anything, but hes far from being a waste. Definitely can see him being better than any average or above average QB this franchise has ever had outside mark. Time will tell but he could turn into the best as well. Love coming here tho to see why i ignore most jags fans takes after the first few sentences smh.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(11-15-2021, 02:39 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: The fact TLaw is getting blamed after this piss poor season so far with bad coaching etc is laughable yet embarassing.

No one is putting even more than a small amount of the blame on Trevor, and no one is calling him a bust. He is in an awful situation across the board, no doubt.

That said, he is also playing like crap.

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2021, 02:56 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

(11-15-2021, 02:42 PM)Upper Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 02:39 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: The fact TLaw is getting blamed after this piss poor season so far with bad coaching etc is laughable yet embarassing.

No one is putting even more than a small amount of the blame on Trevor, and no one is calling him a bust. He is in an awful situation across the board, no doubt.

That said, he is also playing like crap.
He can be wayyy better ill give u that; but even making a thread without including the other 38 reasons why or how is my point. Ive even seen stats pulled and i get it. No matter what situation a player is in they should at least do xyz. Ive been a jags fan long enough to look at every possible factor as to why our own cant or can do those averages. Tlaw is getting no help with garbage juice around him mostly.

Yr 1....... worst team in league history almostwith new 1st time HC learning themselves, etc. Ive seen bad rookie play and trash [BLEEP] qb play. Holla at me when we have an actual team of decent quality players and trevors is wetting the bed. RN im happy we havent shell shocked him and hes still growing and standing strong. Fans gonna fan i guess but geez.

Just in case u dont know which thread we are in....look at the title and 1st post then repeat what you just said to yourself.

Season Tix, Section 409

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2021, 03:07 PM by jaguarmvp. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-15-2021, 02:39 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: The fact TLaw is getting blamed after this piss poor season so far with bad coaching etc is laughable yet embarassing.  How any of you saying things like, if he was better we would be better, while calling yourself football intelligent is mind blowing.

Oline play has been barely decent only due to his play, WRs have dropped enough passes to make him top 15 in most stats if caught.  Penalties have also hurt.  Big plays are non existent because of call backs on penalties.  Any momentum is killed after repeated miss fgs after fighting for scoring position.  Defense plays defense when they feel like it.  Playcalling is horrible and not enough short stuff.  oC remember arnold is suppose to help Trevor and the run game instead of deep balls to number 2s and 3s against better corners.  H

He has been below average but apparently yall dont watch the other teams play or understand what you see with these non hot takes.  Pull up a roster and coaches and compare.  If u think its close and not the jets your talking, turn off the electronic devices and go to bed.  Happy monday but definitely noted who has little to no knowledge of what they are talking about at all. 

Im all in on trevor.  Wasnt sold pre draft on him being the next anything, but hes far from being a waste.  Definitely can see him being better than any average or above average QB this franchise has ever had outside mark.  Time will tell but he could turn into the best as well.  Love coming here tho to see why i ignore most jags fans takes after the first few sentences smh.

No one is calling Lawrence "a waste" but he isn't playing good either.   It has been pointed out many times by myself and others the receivers share some blame for his performance.  The things he can control are on his shoulders.  Almost anything can be excused because he is a "rookie" but the pre-draft hype was this guy was the next Andrew Luck.  Right Now Lawrence can't hold Luck's jock strap on his best day.  I watch every single games and here are things I see  Examples?

-Taking too long to make decisions forcing plays to fail or little to no gain
-Failing to lead receivers  or just down right throwing inaccurate balls
-Throwing rifle shots at receivers 3-5 yards away
-Taking too many chances down field when receivers underneath are wide open at times
-Atleast 2-3 balls every game that should be intercepted.  He throws atleast  1 or 2 right into the defenders hands
-At times will throw a beautiful pass 20+ yards downfield to throw a 5 yard pass 6 feet over the receivers head.  Inconsistent
-Fails on 3rd down.  Not hitting the hot receiver on blitzes or flat out missing throws. You don't become dead last on 3rd down completion percentage on accident

Yes he is a rookie but many of us expected much more.  He has the guts and he has the physical tools.  That being said, it hasn't been a sweet transition at all.  You can't blame everything wrong on "lousy coaching" or  "bad receivers." Any offense runs through the QB and right now ours is struggling big time.  He deserves his share of the blame.

(11-15-2021, 03:05 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 02:39 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: The fact TLaw is getting blamed after this piss poor season so far with bad coaching etc is laughable yet embarassing.  How any of you saying things like, if he was better we would be better, while calling yourself football intelligent is mind blowing.

Oline play has been barely decent only due to his play, WRs have dropped enough passes to make him top 15 in most stats if caught.  Penalties have also hurt.  Big plays are non existent because of call backs on penalties.  Any momentum is killed after repeated miss fgs after fighting for scoring position.  Defense plays defense when they feel like it.  Playcalling is horrible and not enough short stuff.  oC remember arnold is suppose to help Trevor and the run game instead of deep balls to number 2s and 3s against better corners.  H

He has been below average but apparently yall dont watch the other teams play or understand what you see with these non hot takes.  Pull up a roster and coaches and compare.  If u think its close and not the jets your talking, turn off the electronic devices and go to bed.  Happy monday but definitely noted who has little to no knowledge of what they are talking about at all. 

Im all in on trevor.  Wasnt sold pre draft on him being the next anything, but hes far from being a waste.  Definitely can see him being better than any average or above average QB this franchise has ever had outside mark.  Time will tell but he could turn into the best as well.  Love coming here tho to see why i ignore most jags fans takes after the first few sentences smh.

No one is calling Lawrence "a waste" but he isn't playing good either.   It has been pointed out many times by myself and others the receivers share some blame for his performance.  The things he can control are on his shoulders.  Almost anything can be excused because he is a "rookie" but the pre-draft hype was this guy was the next Andrew Luck.  Right Now Lawrence can't hold Luck's jock strap on his best day.  I watch every single games and here are things I see  Examples?

-Taking too many chances down field when receivers underneath are wide open at times
-Atleast 2-3 balls every game that should be intercepted.  He throws atleast  1 or 2 right into the defenders hands
-At times will throw a beautiful pass 20+ yards downfield to throw a 5 yard pass 6 feet over the receivers head.  Inconsistent
-Fails on 3rd down.  Not hitting the hot receiver on blitzes or flat out missing throws. You don't become dead last on 3rd down completion percentage on accident

Yes he is a rookie but many of us expected much more.  He has the guts and he has the physical tools.  That being said, it hasn't been a sweet transition at all.  You can't blame everything wrong on "lousy coaching" or  "bad receivers." Any offense runs through the QB and right now ours is struggling big time.  He deserves his share of the blame.
I see the angle your approaching from, but my argument is this....Put any rookie QB in our situation and tell me what would be better? Im on board with him being not up to par with the hype he was given. I, for one, dont listen to pre draft hype based on the fact its a business. Every draft will have a top player at all positiona that will be overhyped as the next best something or first ever.

I never believed luck would be peyton and actually clowned him for his picks his entire career almost. He was wayy better than i ever gave him credit for but i saw his flaws and hate he had to shorten his career, even if he was a rival. Point is, the league isnt downing the top players in its draft pool ever. How can u keep the fans yearning for that 1 more piece ijs.

Trevor has looked good as a Jaguars rookie on a horrid Jaguars team. Any comparisons are far fetched until we as a whole compare to a competent NFL Franchise.

Season Tix, Section 409

(11-15-2021, 03:05 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:

Many of the issues you laid out can be fixed with better coaching and better receivers.

He's not taking too long to make decisions but instead, he's going through his entire progression with not a single receiver open.

I think the biggest issue here is that Trevor is putting too much pressure on himself to be perfect because he doesn't have confidence in his playmakers.

(11-15-2021, 03:25 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 03:05 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: No one is calling Lawrence "a waste" but he isn't playing good either.   It has been pointed out many times by myself and others the receivers share some blame for his performance.  The things he can control are on his shoulders.  Almost anything can be excused because he is a "rookie" but the pre-draft hype was this guy was the next Andrew Luck.  Right Now Lawrence can't hold Luck's jock strap on his best day.  I watch every single games and here are things I see  Examples?

Many of the issues you laid out can be fixed with better coaching and better receivers.

He's not taking too long to make decisions but instead, he's going through his entire progression with not a single receiver open.

I think the biggest issue here is that Trevor is putting too much pressure on himself to be perfect because he doesn't have confidence in his playmakers.

He has playmakers?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2021, 11:38 PM by OzJohnnie. Edited 1 time in total.)

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2021/11...0-per-pff/

"Where does Jacksonville's offensive line stack up heading into Week 10, per PFF?"

Quote:The group has been far from elite, but it has done a good job of opening holes on the ground for James Robinson and keeping rookie quarterback Trevor Lawrence off his back. For a unit that was already very thin from a depth perspective and has had to manage a lot of injuries, that’s an impressive feat.

Quote:The play of Bartch especially has been helpful, as he’s outplayed Cann since entering as his replacement. Cann is a free agent after the season, and the play of Bartch in his absence may have sealed his fate as a Jaguar.

Meanwhile, the team has a difficult decision to make when it comes to Cam Robinson, but in his first extended action, Little held his own against the league’s No. 1 defense in the win over Buffalo. That certainly gives the team a lot more freedom when it comes to deciding whether to extend Robinson.

Overall, this unit still needs some work, but it’s been better than some anticipated, especially considering the bad injury luck. The Jags will hope to see the group continue to rise in these rankings as the season goes on.

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2021, 11:52 PM by jaguarmvp.)

Jaguars great Tony Boselli agrees with me. 6 mins into the video

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2021, 11:58 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

(11-15-2021, 11:36 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote: https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2021/11...0-per-pff/

"Where does Jacksonville's offensive line stack up heading into Week 10, per PFF?"

Quote:The group has been far from elite, but it has done a good job of opening holes on the ground for James Robinson and keeping rookie quarterback Trevor Lawrence off his back. For a unit that was already very thin from a depth perspective and has had to manage a lot of injuries, that’s an impressive feat.

Quote:The play of Bartch especially has been helpful, as he’s outplayed Cann since entering as his replacement. Cann is a free agent after the season, and the play of Bartch in his absence may have sealed his fate as a Jaguar.

Meanwhile, the team has a difficult decision to make when it comes to Cam Robinson, but in his first extended action, Little held his own against the league’s No. 1 defense in the win over Buffalo. That certainly gives the team a lot more freedom when it comes to deciding whether to extend Robinson.

Overall, this unit still needs some work, but it’s been better than some anticipated, especially considering the bad injury luck. The Jags will hope to see the group continue to rise in these rankings as the season goes on.
Im happy Bartch is getting PT and hope he performs like we hoped post draft day.

Hoping Little can see more with Cam all but gone and Taylor being meh per usual.

We need a LG an C eventually but if we extend andrew for cheap that buys time to focus more on another competent OL.

Most wanted a OL makeover and we all wanted to see the youngins play. Hope we build on it and dont have to keep swapping every few yrs.

Season Tix, Section 409

(11-15-2021, 11:57 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 11:36 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote: https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2021/11...0-per-pff/

Im happy Bartch is getting PT and hope he performs like we hoped post draft day. 

Hoping Little can see more with Cam all but gone and Taylor being meh per usual. 

We need a LG an C eventually but if we extend andrew for cheap that buys time to focus more on another competent OL. 

Most wanted a OL makeover and we all wanted to see the youngins play.  Hope we build on it and dont have to keep swapping every few yrs.

Taylor isn’t even “meh”. 

He’s straight up bad.

(11-15-2021, 11:59 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 11:57 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Im happy Bartch is getting PT and hope he performs like we hoped post draft day. 

Most wanted a OL makeover and we all wanted to see the youngins play.  Hope we build on it and dont have to keep swapping every few yrs.

Taylor isn’t even “meh”. 

He’s straight up bad.
Its the Gator in me. Its grinds my gears that Taylor has been a bust so far but the homer holds out that 2% of hope.

Season Tix, Section 409

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2021, 12:25 AM by jaguarmvp. Edited 1 time in total.)

Ian Hartitz (@Ihartitz) Tweeted:
Most incompletions on "big-time throws" this season (PFF):

1. Ryan Tannehill
2. Lamar Jackson
T3. Tom Brady
T3. Trevor Lawrence ? https://t.co/hsjNj2nifg https://twitter.com/Ihartitz/status/1460...32871?s=20

(11-16-2021, 12:25 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Ian Hartitz (@Ihartitz) Tweeted:

1. Ryan Tannehill
2. Lamar Jackson
T3. Tom Brady
T3. Trevor Lawrence ?
[BLEEP] Terrible
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

I'd like to clarify that I'm not saying Trevor wont be good/elite, I'm not saying he isn't talented. All I'm saying is people with eyes saw quite a few tendencies in college that were extremely worrying, and SO FAR this season I've seen no progression in his game in those areas. Noticeably he isn't consistently accurate, he is extremely poor at throwing on the run and he buckles under pressure. Can he improve? Yes, Will he? Who knows.

Quit acting like he's the chosen savior, he never was that. Only people who believed that watched his highlights once and just believe every media guy who said he was a "generational talent". Anyone who watched his college play a bit deeper knows he was a work in progress..

I'm just saying before the season this was my stance:

Mac Jones likely will be the most consistent this year.
Lance has the most upside (but isn't playing)
Lawrence has the right demeanor but needs to improve a number of things before he can be that guy.
Zach Wilson is the Blake Bortles/Trubiski of the draft, that guy who no one talks about until right before the combine and raises up out of nowhere.

I think all of that was fairly accurate.

(11-16-2021, 12:25 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Ian Hartitz (@Ihartitz) Tweeted:

1. Ryan Tannehill
2. Lamar Jackson
T3. Tom Brady
T3. Trevor Lawrence ? https://t.co/hsjNj2nifg https://twitter.com/Ihartitz/status/1460...32871?s=20

He needs a receiving corp like life needs oxygen.  I don't care how much money they drop on receiving free agents.  Get two, please.