Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lawrence Critique (merged)

(11-16-2021, 11:39 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 11:04 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Around 20 mins into the video. Talks about Lawrence struggling. People want to put the blame on everything but Lawrence but the truth is he is part of the problem.

Struggling?? 
Part of the problem??

You said "worst starting QB in the league."

Where in the video does Lageman say Trevor Lawrence is the worst starting QB in the league?
THAT would be agreeing with you. 

Everyone knows he has struggled at times and is part of the reason the offense is struggling. 
Most of us simply don't think it's the primary reason and expected the rookie to look bad in between showing signs of why he was such a coveted pick. 

You, on the other hand, lose your [BLEEP] every time he has a bad game and start a thread about it.
How long did you defend Bortles and Gabbert?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-16-2021, 11:53 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 12:55 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I'd like to clarify that I'm not saying Trevor wont be good/elite, I'm not saying he isn't talented. All I'm saying is people with eyes saw quite a few tendencies in college that were extremely worrying, and SO FAR this season I've seen no progression in his game in those areas. Noticeably he isn't consistently accurate, he is extremely poor at throwing on the run and he buckles under pressure. Can he improve? Yes, Will he? Who knows.

Quit acting like he's the chosen savior, he never was that. Only people who believed that watched his highlights once and just believe every media guy who said he was a "generational talent". Anyone who watched his college play a bit deeper knows he was a work in progress..

I'm just saying before the season this was my stance:

Mac Jones likely will be the most consistent this year.
Lance has the most upside (but isn't playing)
Lawrence has the right demeanor but needs to improve a number of things before he can be that guy.
Zach Wilson is the Blake Bortles/Trubiski of the draft, that guy who no one talks about until right before the combine and raises up out of nowhere.

I think all of that was fairly accurate.

Buckles under pressure? Trevor consistently stands tall in the pocket knowing the rush is coming every play. He doesn't curl into a ball like gabbert or begin a twist and shout routine like bortles.

I didn't say he was afraid of the pressure, I'm saying the pressure turns his accuracy to mush. I'm not saying he's afraid of a hit, but the pressure of needing to get the ball out has made for some extremely disgusting throws.

(11-17-2021, 05:19 AM)TearExtractor Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 11:39 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Struggling?? 
Part of the problem??

Where in the video does Lageman say Trevor Lawrence is the worst starting QB in the league?

Everyone knows he has struggled at times and is part of the reason the offense is struggling. 
Most of us simply don't think it's the primary reason and expected the rookie to look bad in between showing signs of why he was such a coveted pick. 

You, on the other hand, lose your [BLEEP] every time he has a bad game and start a thread about it.
Soooo by this logic we should turn on the number one overall pick after 9 games

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2021, 08:33 AM by JagFan81. Edited 1 time in total.)

I still find it weird how quickly some people want to throw Lawrence under the bus. I think some people deluded themselves that you just plug in a QB and suddenly everything works. He is a very talented QB with all the physical attributes you want. Hes going to be fine.

For me our biggest problem, which is the same problem weve had for years, is we arent a good team on O. Even in 2017 it was because of the D. Weve rattled through OC's hoping to find 'the guy' and looks like we might be looking again this off season. For me, the biggest things we need are some stability on O and a playbook we can start to build on and play to our strengths and improving the quality of players we acquire. Good and potential players arent enough going forwards, we have enough of those, we need to start adding some elite players in there somewhere that can make big plays and give D's something to fear.

But some of you need to relax on Lawrence. Like who would we get instead?

(11-17-2021, 08:32 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: I still find it weird how quickly some people want to throw Lawrence under the bus. I think some people deluded themselves that you just plug in a QB and suddenly everything works. He is a very talented QB with all the physical attributes you want. Hes going to be fine.

For me our biggest problem, which is the same problem weve had for years, is we arent a good team on O. Even in 2017 it was because of the D. Weve rattled through OC's hoping to find 'the guy' and looks like we might be looking again this off season. For me, the biggest things we need are some stability on O and a playbook we can start to build on and play to our strengths and improving the quality of players we acquire. Good and potential players arent enough going forwards, we have enough of those, we need to start adding some elite players in there somewhere that can make big plays and give D's something to fear.

But some of you need to relax on Lawrence. Like who would we get instead?

We should just play Beathard.  Banana
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-16-2021, 11:04 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Around 20 mins into the video. Talks about Lawrence struggling. People want to put the blame on everything but Lawrence but the truth is he is part of the problem.

Struggling?? 
Part of the problem??

you're just beggin for a block at this point Laughing

(11-16-2021, 11:04 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 10:37 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: It's a 2 hour program. Please quote something Lageman says where he "agrees" with you. Then tell us where that occurs in the video. 

Thanks.

The running game has always been great. It doesn't need to get better. They just don't run it enough. 

Such a horrible [BLEEP] take, man. Let it die.

Around 20 mins into the video. Talks about Lawrence struggling. People want to put the blame on everything but Lawrence but the truth is he is part of the problem.
Man. Relax a bit.

No one is saying Trevor is playing perfect or even above average. But when you watch these games, he is consistently put into horrible situations. False starts and holding penalties resulting in 1st and 20 or 1st and 15. Key drops that kill drives and the biggest issue is the lack of separation from the receivers. He is going through his entire progression (which rookies rarely do) with no one being open or even remotely close. Add to that the fact this team may be the most poorly coached team in the league and you have the clear blueprint for how to ruin a franchise talent.

Part of the problem??

Well, speaking from someone who sat with this guy at games...I'd say you're shooting blanks with this statement.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(11-16-2021, 12:38 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 09:29 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: What happened to your "It doesn't matter who is playing offense, WR, OL, TE etc as long as we have Trevor, all you need is a great QB and we already have it"? according to you Trevor would already be at Peyton's and Brady's level this year.  Laughing Laughing

Sadly I think that if we had Cullen to go along with Marrone's staff last year we'd have 4 wins already this year. Marrone needed Lawrence and Cullen and didn't have them, Meyer has them and has no idea how to use 'em.

Honestly we would have a much better team. I didn't like Gruden that much but he would be a pretty decent upgrade over Bevell.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Franchise is broken at the top. Owner hasn't figured out the sport and on the field stuff. He actually buys into winning culture talk and the right leadership is the difference.

When you blow the draft and free agency it doesn't matter how you coach. How the heck with the league favoring offense can we never get pass catchers , TEs and pass blocking oline?

I dont worry about Lawrence but I sure don't enjoy the coaching and lack of play makers ruining our lottery win.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2021, 11:33 AM by jaguarmvp.)

Struggling?? 
Part of the problem??

I have created 2 threads criticizing Lawrence. If your last statement was true I would have about 8. Your a blind Homer. I get it.

Part of the problem??

Hahaha so true.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

The problem with this thread... look we are jaguars fans we know bad football and it doesn't apply to Lawrence. Sure I defended failures of the past, but it wasn't the long ruination that we are running through now.
The Khan Years

I feel like there’s at least one dropped TD every game.

How many times do we see dropped 3rd down passes or deep passes that would have otherwise changed the momentum? This happens all the time. He’s a rookie that’s always playing from behind with receivers that routinely drop his passes while listening to an OC that benches his best player.

C’mon, guys.

Part of the problem??

Are you comparing Blake Bortles and Gabbert to Lawrence?? 

You've already failed. 

I defended Blake Bortles and Blaine Gabbert from undue criticism whenever it was presented, but I also criticized them for their shortcomings. This is the same thing I'm doing now with Trevor Lawrence, Only  he's a much better prospect And will likely prove to have a much much better career

(11-17-2021, 11:32 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
Part of the problem??

I have created 2 threads criticizing Lawrence. If your last statement was true I would have about 8. Your a blind Homer. I get it.

(11-17-2021, 05:19 AM)TearExtractor Wrote: How long did you defend Bortles and Gabbert?

Hahaha so true.
8 made me laugh. So u count 8 bad games in your head. Nuff said.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

I don't care if he's struggling, especially with the OL and WRs he has. If he's struggling in three years and if the FO doesn't bring in good players; then I'll be worried.

(11-17-2021, 12:25 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: I feel like there’s at least one dropped TD every game.

How many times do we see dropped 3rd down passes or deep passes that would have otherwise changed the momentum? This happens all the time. He’s a rookie that’s always playing from behind with receivers that routinely drop his passes while listening to an OC that benches his best player.

C’mon, guys.

Thanks for rooting out fundamental issues. We can get complicated with things but it is this simple.
The Khan Years

Tell me you don't know football without telling me you don't know football

his line and receiver's aren't helping him much. I hate to point at coaches but I really don't see our offensive game plan putting him in situations that he can succeed in. This has to stop quickly or he will start to lose confidense.

you can tell he is not comfortable with what is being asked of him by the fact that he never takes anything off the ball.... he is just firing...

(11-17-2021, 01:21 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(11-17-2021, 11:32 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I have created 2 threads criticizing Lawrence. If your last statement was true I would have about 8. Your a blind Homer. I get it.

Hahaha so true.
8 made me laugh.  So u count 8 bad games in your head.  Nuff said.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I was being Facetious.   But to be honest 8 is not far from the actual count Probably 6 solid stinkers from Lawrence. PFF has him ranked last as a rookie Qb.   

Lawrence no doubt has the tools: He is sharp, Strong Arm, Big, athletic.etc.

Lawrence has issues that I an many others did not expect to see:   Accuracy issues are a major concern. Decision making is also a concern.  I have said several times he throws 1 or 2 should be picks into defenders hands every game. He has been lucky many drop the ints.   It seems like at least a 1/3 of all of his passes are off target.  He plays on a bad team and gets a mulligan because he is a rookie.   Despite all that, he is not playing good football and my topic still stands. If I am wrong he is near the bottom right now.

I know he is a rookie but this was the golden boy.  It's been much rougher than I and many others thought.  To play devils advocate it's not a given Lawrenece will be a stud.  I do hope so but so far he is proven that nothing is guaranteed.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]