Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lawrence Critique (merged)

At this point I'm really not sure why we even give MVP the time of day. Probably the worst poster on here now that Jdub and some of those have been banned.

Obviously needs and craves the attention we're giving him

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-17-2021, 07:36 PM)Kane Wrote: At this point I'm really not sure why we even give MVP the time of day. Probably the worst poster on here now that Jdub and some of those have been banned.

you're probably blocked too. Don't worry, you're in good company.

(11-18-2021, 09:52 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(11-17-2021, 07:36 PM)Kane Wrote: At this point I'm really not sure why we even give MVP the time of day. Probably the worst poster on here now that Jdub and some of those have been banned.

So I get blocked but I can still see his terrible posts? And then he can see where I posted but can still secretly view my post and just pretend he didn't see it?

The block feature here sucks lol if you're gonna block someone there should be no way to see each other's posts at all.  I'm just saying if I'm blocked by MVP I shouldn't be subjected to seeing his nonsense if he doesn't see mine. 
Laughing

(11-18-2021, 01:54 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-18-2021, 09:52 AM)Mikey Wrote: you're probably blocked too. Don't worry, you're in good company.

So I get blocked but I can still see his terrible posts? And then he can see where I posted but can still secretly view my post and just pretend he didn't see it?

The block feature here sucks lol if you're gonna block someone there should be no way to see each other's posts at all.  I'm just saying if I'm blocked by MVP I shouldn't be subjected to seeing his nonsense if he doesn't see mine. 
Laughing
Oh yeah dude. Welcome to the club!

Ronster has me and Rico blocked but I can always see his posts. It's pretty great!

(11-18-2021, 01:54 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-18-2021, 09:52 AM)Mikey Wrote: you're probably blocked too. Don't worry, you're in good company.

Laughing

Why would that be? Just because he doesn't want to see what you say doesn't necessarily mean you reciprocate.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-18-2021, 09:52 AM)Mikey Wrote:

I have everybody blocked.  It makes for a clean browsing experience.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

From Ask Vic:  

Dave from Jacksonville, FL
Vic, I disagree with your take on Trevor Lawrence. This guy holds the ball and is an inaccurate passer beyond fixable. He’s not an NFL quality starter. If Kenny Pickett is available when the Jaguars select, they should take him. I remember when you thought they should have taken Big Ben the year after selecting Byron Leftwich. Am I right?

No, my point back then was the Jaguars needed to trade out of their spot and recoup the value of it. That's the BAP approach I favor. Reggie Williams was an insane reach with the ninth overall pick. The Jaguars said they tried to trade back but there were no takers. A GM friend of mine said he called the Jaguars to trade up but the Jaguars said their guy was there and they were going to take him. Quarterback is a unique position because you have to commit to one. My favorite scout friend says Lawrence is a talented player and believes he was the right pick for the Jaguars. My only knock on Lawrence is he's long-limbed and might be prone to strip sacks. The Jags picked Lawrence and they must remain committed to him as their future at the position.

(11-18-2021, 05:25 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: From Ask Vic:  

Vic, I disagree with your take on Trevor Lawrence. This guy holds the ball and is an inaccurate passer beyond fixable. He’s not an NFL quality starter. If Kenny Pickett is available when the Jaguars select, they should take him. I remember when you thought they should have taken Big Ben the year after selecting Byron Leftwich. Am I right?

No, my point back then was the Jaguars needed to trade out of their spot and recoup the value of it. That's the BAP approach I favor. Reggie Williams was an insane reach with the ninth overall pick. The Jaguars said they tried to trade back but there were no takers. A GM friend of mine said he called the Jaguars to trade up but the Jaguars said their guy was there and they were going to take him. Quarterback is a unique position because you have to commit to one. My favorite scout friend says Lawrence is a talented player and believes he was the right pick for the Jaguars. My only knock on Lawrence is he's long-limbed and might be prone to strip sacks. The Jags picked Lawrence and they must remain committed to him as their future at the position.

Yep, giving up on him after one year would be insane.

(11-18-2021, 08:04 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:

Yep, giving up on him after one year would be insane.
I do not think anyone in their right mind is saying give up on Lawrence.  It's going to be a much rougher transition than many of us thought.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Vic's bias makes him out to be a blathering fool sometimes.

Vic has been washed up for years. He was dead to me the min he went to Green bay. I can't say I ever respected him much anyway. Compared to Oesher he is god but that not hard.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(11-18-2021, 08:59 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Vic has been washed up for years.  He was dead to me the min he went to Green bay.  I can't say I ever respected him much anyway.  Compared to Oesher he is god but that not hard.

Oehser actually knows football better than Ketchman. (especially at this stage in their careers / current state of the league) 
I understand why ppl don't like Oehser, but he's a better analyst than Ketchman by a country mile.

I was just wondering if Dave is a 'Lawrence is a bust' rube from this board.

(11-18-2021, 02:32 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-18-2021, 01:54 PM)Kane Wrote: So I get blocked but I can still see his terrible posts? And then he can see where I posted but can still secretly view my post and just pretend he didn't see it?

Laughing

Why would that be? Just because he doesn't want to see what you say doesn't necessarily mean you reciprocate.
why would that be? omg maybe because that's how a blocked feature works everywhere else...lmao

(11-18-2021, 11:32 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(11-18-2021, 02:32 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Why would that be? Just because he doesn't want to see what you say doesn't necessarily mean you reciprocate.
why would that be? omg maybe because that's how a blocked feature works everywhere else...lmao

The block feature is about what you can see, not what the other guy can. You don't have the right to censor their visibility, this isn't Twitter or Facebook. If you don't want them to see what you posted then just don't post or use messaging instead.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Thanks OZJohnnie. Good breakdown on how desperate our situation is playing out. We basically have no offense and other teams are comfortable doing things they don't normally do.

We have no number 1 or 2 receiver and the number 3 is a converted ST guy. I wonder why it isn't working out? Oh and the offensive line can't win. Oh and positive runs are negated by penalties. Other than that , Lawrence is playing bad.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(11-19-2021, 08:50 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: Thanks OZJohnnie. Good breakdown on how desperate our situation is playing out. We basically have no offense and other teams are comfortable doing things they don't normally do.

We have no number 1 or 2 receiver and the number 3 is a converted ST guy. I wonder why it isn't working out? Oh and the offensive line can't win. Oh and positive runs are negated by penalties. Other than that , Lawrence is playing bad.

I had hopes that Bevell would be good for TLaw, but that seems to not be the case.

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2021, 11:31 AM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-18-2021, 11:32 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(11-18-2021, 02:32 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Why would that be? Just because he doesn't want to see what you say doesn't necessarily mean you reciprocate.

Perhaps you could supply your expertise and write the code to make this function work to your liking.  Since, you know, none of these guys get paid for any of this.

What a [BLEEP] whinefest.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2021/11/18...-adventure
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available