Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Not So Flattering Scouting reports on Thibs

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2022, 10:15 PM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

This article from a pro Oregon Ducks source...

https://duckswire.usatoday.com/lists/hes...HIGs0afkY0

Now ordinarily, if this were just scout talk, I might brush it off as smoke designed to get a player to drop, and perhaps there still may be something to that.

But the idea that some college coaches lent their perspectives in this article is concerning.

That said, I'd rather deal with a guy who has the innate talent to be a difference maker who has his effort questioned than a guy who doesn't have the ability to be a difference maker.

People questioned Tony Brackens' effort, but after all this time, he remains the Jaguars best ever pass rusher.  Meanwhile, guys like Solomon Thomas and more relevantly for Jaguars fans Renaldo Wynn had tons of try hard, but not enough physical ability to be a difference maker and they were nondescript.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Interesting read. He reminds me of a lighter Myles Garret. Best bend, speed and burst of the DE's in the draft. Played in the PAC10 where he was superior to most everyone he came up against. (except Utah who made him disappear twice) This will not be the case in the NFL so how will he react to not being successful without having to play hard every down? I believe he will have trouble holding the edge in the NFL when they run at him. Actually that is what Georgia did to Hutch with a bit of success so maybe it will take some development for both of them.
A new broom always sweeps clean.