Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Deebo Requests a Trade

https://twitter.com/jeffdarlington/statu...RBr_PNiolA

Better get on that phone, Trent!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Like Deebo and would definitely trade for him and pay him, but I wouldn’t sell the house in draft picks for him. I would however sell the house for McLaurin. Love what he brings as a #1 outside WR, he’s beyond underrated IMO.

I would trade next years 1st rounder and Viska for Deebo because they don't have any first round picks this year or the next. But Deebo coming to jax is highly unlikely, it doesn't seem like a jags thing to do. We only make moves with lower-tier players. Also, we probably do not have enough money to pay him anymore which is unfortunate.

(04-20-2022, 01:22 PM)Jagsman Wrote: I would trade next years 1st rounder and Viska for Deebo because they don't have any first round picks this year or the next. But Deebo coming to jax is highly unlikely, it doesn't seem like a jags thing to do. We only make moves with lower-tier players. Also, we probably do not have enough money to pay him anymore which is unfortunate.

I like Deebo Samuel, I don't love him. I would not give up a first rounder for him. Maybe a 3rd rounder this year, a 2nd rounder next year and Laviska Shenault. That is as high as I go.

(04-20-2022, 01:22 PM)Jagsman Wrote: I would trade next years 1st rounder and Viska for Deebo because they don't have any first round picks this year or the next. But Deebo coming to jax is highly unlikely, it doesn't seem like a jags thing to do. We only make moves with lower-tier players. Also, we probably do not have enough money to pay him anymore which is unfortunate.

If we had the money most definitely.  Deebo is a beast.  One of the few players that could change this whole offense

I would give whatever it takes for a Deebo Samuel. If Trevor is going to blossom, he needs weapons.

I'd rather save the resources it would take in draft capital not to mention a monster contract and instead fill out whatever other holes they can in the roster and then take some of those resources and find the long term X wr next off-season.

He’s one of the more physical receivers in the league and is used more like a RB or at least a hybrid type. Through that lens the situation makes perfect sense from both camps’ perspectives. The 9ers see a 26 year old closer to the age where such a player usually begins to decline than not and doesn’t want to commit big money long term. Deebo’s camp sees the same thing and also that this is the year to cash in rather than risk injury this year on a $4M salary and try to cash in next year when he’s 27. I’d pass unless the trade comp was no more than what O-line laid out above and I’m not sure I’d do it for that honestly.

I’d rather try to continue to develop Viska into a similar type role while also considering trading up in the draft for one of 3 WR prospects I like in the 1st round.

(04-20-2022, 02:54 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

I like Deebo Samuel, I don't love him. I would not give up a first rounder for him. Maybe a 3rd rounder this year, a 2nd rounder next year and Laviska Shenault. That is as high as I go.

Don't think he comes that cheap, but it would be an interesting effort.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2022, 09:00 PM by Jag149. Edited 1 time in total.)

Ok, so the guy sees all this money for receivers getting signed this year. ( he is set to make 4million this year) He also sees a full guaranteed contract in Cleveland. He pulls all the 49er stuff off everything and asks for a trade. This is the last year of his contract making him an unrestricted free agent next year. After a really good year he is wanting to capitalize on it and cash in now, not next year. The 49ers for some reason must not want to extend him or pay him now unless he didn't have his agent try. ( I find that far fetched if not it says a lot about his character) So what we have is a one year rental of a player unless he signs an extension. He has decided also, he will only be a receiver, not a hybrid. I can only guess to reduce chance of injury this year. Even if you trade for him what Deebo Samuels will you be getting? Also how much of your future will you have to mortgage to pay him? In 2 years will he pull this poop on you?
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2022, 10:30 PM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

Hes a bad Azz. However the jags dont have that much cap left from my understanding. We better draft 1 or 2 beasts at wrs

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2022, 05:52 AM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

Some of my thoughts on Deebo Samuel

1. It's Deebo, NOT Tebow. Some of you need to calm down.

2. While I agree he is an amazing talent (I predicted he'd be worth a first round pick after the Senopr Bowl. He wound up being taken in the 2nd, but clearly he's outplayed his draft status), and on some level I'd like to have him, I think most of the Jaguars fans saying they'd like fir the Jaguars to make a move for him him are lying through their teeth. The dynamics he currently has with the 49ers are fundamentally no different than what the Jaguars had with Jalen Ramsey. He's a young, in his prime player among the very best at his position. The negotiations went bad, and now he is forcing his way out. Jaguars fans couldn't wait to get rid of Ramsey when money became an issue. The team couldn't wait to get rid of Ngakoue when money and personalities/hurt feelings became an issue. Why in the hell would you want to bring that same dynamic here, especially at a position most Jaguars fans seem to think are a dime a dozen? Aside from that, given the money spent on Kirk and Jones, most of you wouldn't want that much money spent at the position. My thing is if Trevor Lawrence is on his rookie contract, why the hell not? Spend the money while we can. The only real concern I would have is what it would take draft pick wise to get him. But I could take some comfort in knowing that a trade for him would benefit Trevor Lawrence directly.

3. I think with Samuel, Brown, and Metcalf on possibly available, it'll undoubtedly impact the Jaguars draft whether the Jaguars trade for them or not. The teams that do trade for these players will be less likely to draft a WR ahead of us at pick 33 or below, it'll only mean the teams that trade them away will be looking for WRs ahead of us at some point in the draft. If WR is still a concern for us at this point, the team will likely have to trade up to get one. Furthermore, sudden changes in the draft position will inevitably cause different players to be taken at different spots,and teams ezpecting players to be there at their spot will likely have to change their thinking on draft day.

4. That said, I get some slight comfort in knowing the Jaguars are not the only team that can both negotiations for a young, star caliber player like that. Nevertheless, just because it happens to other teams doesn't mean i want that to happen to the Jaguars gain. I think we've ALL learned by now (or at least should have) that if you have a young, star player already on the roster, it's far better to keep that player than to hope to recoup some sort of trade value for him. For goodness sake, stop with the "picks not players" Ketchmanist thinking. You have picks to GET good players. But picks are not a guarantee of getting good players (see 2020 draft,; see also Rams post Eric Dickerson trade).

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2022, 06:10 AM by ChrisJagBoy.)

Give them Shenault and our first next year.

(04-21-2022, 06:10 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Give them Shenault and our first next year.

Why in the world would they take that?

They could probably minimally get the 10 straight up from the Jets this year, who is desperate to add weapons around Wilson (and they are doing a go.

The 49ers are in a similar position to us in that they have a 2nd year QB that can use weapons around him, though they have more talent around their guy than we have around ours.  Nevertheless, if Lance is to develop as they hope, they can't let a receiving talent like Deebo Samuel go without replacing him, and waiting until next year won't help him.

(04-21-2022, 06:27 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-21-2022, 06:10 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Give them Shenault and our first next year.

Why in the world would they take that?

They could probably minimally get the 10 straight up from the Jets this year, who is desperate to add weapons around Wilson (and they are doing a go.

The 49ers are in a similar position to us in that they have a 2nd year QB that can use weapons around him, though they have more talent around their guy than we have around ours.  Nevertheless, if Lance is to develop as they hope, they can't let a receiving talent like Deebo Samuel go without replacing him, and waiting until next year won't help him.

For the life of me, I can't see why they would let Deebo out of their building.  Pay the man.  Tweak his role.  OTH, the unspoken reason may be the Shanahan is trying to force Lance to happen.  All I can say is he must be wowing them on the practice field because he didn't really show anything in his package snaps last year.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(04-21-2022, 06:59 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(04-21-2022, 06:27 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Why in the world would they take that?

For the life of me, I can't see why they would let Deebo out of their building.  Pay the man.  Tweak his role.  OTH, the unspoken reason may be the Shanahan is trying to force Lance to happen.  All I can say is he must be wowing them on the practice field because he didn't really show anything in his package snaps last year.
I've been hearing that the 49ers actually want to re-sign him, but somewhere along the line they pissed him off, just like the Jaguars did with Ramsey and Ngakoue, and he doesn't even want to re-sign with the 49ers now.

I could actually see him ending up in Kansas City.  KC has the draft ammo to pull off such a deal for him.  I think he'd be a good scheme fit, and while he doesn't have the pure speed Tyreek Hill has, from a playmaking standpoint, he'd be an excellent replacement for him.  But I think the Chiefs traded Hill because of salary, and that would stop them from making the deal for Samuel.  The Jets could also make that deal (and it would sicken me if they did).   I would also like to see the tacks lose AJ Brown.  Without him, with Julio Jones in sharp decline, with Tannehill being Tannehill and their Ts being in shambles, I could see their offense tking a major step back.

...and we still have no money to pay him what he wants. Please list all the players you are going to cut to give us the cap room to sign ANOTHER huge deal for a receiver.

Considering the average quarterback play in San Francisco, it makes the accomplishments of Samuel even more amazing. One factor might be that he sees how crappy their quarterback play is going to be moving forward with Lance, and he wants out. Oh, and the money.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2022, 10:08 AM by Jag149.)

He signed a contract that pays him well. He has one more year left on that commitment. He outperformed that contract and now wants more money and a better situation. He can play one more year and then sign wherever he wants. This year he will just have to make do earning 4 million dollars. MJD did something similar here and only played another another 2 years in the league.
A new broom always sweeps clean.