Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kadarius Toney Being Shopped?

https://nfltraderumors.co/giants-looking...m=facebook

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

maybe one of our 6th round picks, they eat the signing bonus...IF our coaches believe they can get him to punch the clock...
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Dude had 189 yards in 1 game last year. He will go to the Pats or to KC and be the next Hill

Take a flyer.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

And we almost drafted him…lol
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Hilarious! I knew has was gonna amount to nothing. Thank God we avoided taking him.

(04-22-2022, 09:04 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: And we almost drafted him…lol

Yeah.  As bad as last year was, to think the draft could have been worse.  Could you imagine adding this guy to all the dysfunction?

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2022, 03:53 AM by Jag88.)

Interesting. Well he got the $, and I guess that's all. Hopefully he gets traded to a team he wants to play for.

(04-23-2022, 03:53 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Interesting.  Well he got the $, and I guess that's all. Hopefully he gets traded to a team he wants to play for.

He probably hates it in NY lol.  He might want to go back to Florida

(04-23-2022, 07:55 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-23-2022, 03:53 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Interesting.  Well he got the $, and I guess that's all. Hopefully he gets traded to a team he wants to play for.

I know I may be asking the wrong person, but is there a scenario in which you would make a deal for him?

(04-23-2022, 08:38 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-23-2022, 07:55 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He probably hates it in NY lol.  He might want to go back to Florida

I know I may be asking the wrong person, but is there a scenario in which you would make a deal for him?

I would obviously like to talk to him first and see where is head is at and hear his side of the story.  I think he should of been in camp this past week but it was voluntary.   But if the FO can talk to him and he seems committed then most definitely.  He might be the most electric player in the league after Hill.  If he is dedicated to football hes an All Pro type player as it showed in the Dallas game and him and Trev would be something fun to watch

(04-23-2022, 10:09 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-23-2022, 08:38 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I know I may be asking the wrong person, but is there a scenario in which you would make a deal for him?

I would obviously like to talk to him first and see where is head is at and hear his side of the story.  I think he should of been in camp this past week but it was voluntary.   But if the FO can talk to him and he seems committed then most definitely.  He might be the most electric player in the league after Hill.  If he is dedicated to football hes an All Pro type player as it showed in the Dallas game and him and Trev would be something fun to watch

It seems as though from a pure skill perspective, Toney would be worth the investment of a 4th round pick, especially assuming we didn't get a WR earlier.

But the fact he's on the trade market literally a year from being drafted in the first gives me great concern.  At least Henderson got maybe a quarter of a season under UM before he was jettisoned.  Brian Daboll hasn't even gotten to the draft and already wants him gone.

Dude is dumb as rocks. Worse than Jalen
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(04-23-2022, 11:34 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-23-2022, 10:09 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I would obviously like to talk to him first and see where is head is at and hear his side of the story.  I think he should of been in camp this past week but it was voluntary.   But if the FO can talk to him and he seems committed then most definitely.  He might be the most electric player in the league after Hill.  If he is dedicated to football hes an All Pro type player as it showed in the Dallas game and him and Trev would be something fun to watch

It seems as though from a pure skill perspective, Toney would be worth the investment of a 4th round pick, especially assuming we didn't get a WR earlier.

But the fact he's on the trade market literally a year from being drafted in the first gives me great concern.  At least Henderson got maybe a quarter of a season under UM before he was jettisoned.  Brian Daboll hasn't even gotten to the draft and already wants him gone.
He wasn't at the voluntary camp last week and it's clear they didn't like it very much

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2022, 10:29 PM by Jag88.)

(04-23-2022, 07:55 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

You might be right. Come on back to the florida to the jags!

(04-23-2022, 02:32 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Dude is dumb as rocks. Worse than Jalen

You don't become the best player at your position in the NFL being dumb as rocks. Jalen didn't hate Jacksonville, he was mistreated by an old out of touch moron and watched as a bust QB got a huge pay day while he (one of the main reasons we won in 2017) was pushed aside along with Yannick.. 

He's a smart guy, maybe a bit of a diva but it's childish to hold contempt for a guy who put it all on the line for a team that decided he wasn't worth paying.

(04-24-2022, 06:49 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(04-23-2022, 02:32 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Dude is dumb as rocks. Worse than Jalen

You don't become the best player at your position in the NFL being dumb as rocks. Jalen didn't hate Jacksonville, he was mistreated by an old out of touch moron and watched as a bust QB got a huge pay day while he (one of the main reasons we won in 2017) was pushed aside along with Yannick.. 

He's a smart guy, maybe a bit of a diva but it's childish to hold contempt for a guy who put it all on the line for a team that decided he wasn't worth paying.

So faking a back injury is putting it all on the line.

Interesting.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-23-2022, 02:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-23-2022, 11:34 AM)Bullseye Wrote: It seems as though from a pure skill perspective, Toney would be worth the investment of a 4th round pick, especially assuming we didn't get a WR earlier.

He wasn't at the voluntary camp last week and it's clear they didn't like it very much

It's "voluntary", but it's also revealing of character and work ethic.  This isn't some guy that's been around the league for a while, put in the work and produced at a high level.  The big money is on the 2nd contract.  He is showing the Giants and the league that he already got his carrot though.  You don't trade for that.  A flier on a guy off the street is one thing, but giving up draft capital for what you can be relatively sure is a lack of motivation and possible character flaws is something else.

(04-23-2022, 02:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-23-2022, 11:34 AM)Bullseye Wrote: It seems as though from a pure skill perspective, Toney would be worth the investment of a 4th round pick, especially assuming we didn't get a WR earlier.

That may be a part of it, but it's voluntary and can't be mandated per the CBA.

Given what they spent on him just last year, I have to think the roots of this decision began last season.  He had enough talent to put up a 189 yard game last year. That's about half of his rookie production in one game.

This may be one of those cases where a guy needs to mature to be any good.    Early career trades helped guys like Brett Favre and Cris Carter become excellent pros.  Perhaps it might work for him.  Right now, though, things do not look good for him or the Giants.

I heard a rumor the tacks may be interested in Toney.

If they get him, hopefully he will be a complete washout like that RT they drafted in the first round from georgia a few years back, abd it means they will have traded away AJ Brown.

If that unfolded, I could see the tacks taking a major step back offensively.