Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Elon Musk now owns Twitter

(11-14-2022, 02:56 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Good lord…I don’t really do Twitter much, but has actual “hate speech” really ramped up under Musk, or are they just mad that opposing opinions are now allowed?

This is a reason for sure. The only reason? Who knows.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2022, 03:16 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 3 times in total.)

(11-14-2022, 01:57 PM)The Drifter Wrote: The 71-year-old actress Elvira is saying goodbye to Twitter.
“I’m leaving Twitter until they decide to reinstate their Human Rights and Ethics teams. You can’t promote Hate speech and call it Free Speech. Until then…Unpleasant Dreemz.”

"Oh No!!", said 5 people worldwide. zzzzzz.....

To the Left, seemingly any logical opinion/argument opposing theirs is automatically coined Hate Speech.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

I forget the numbers, but a lot of that influx of "hate speech" came from only a few accounts. Just another game of statistics manipulation.

(11-14-2022, 02:56 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Good lord…I don’t really do Twitter much, but has actual “hate speech” really ramped up under Musk, or are they just mad that opposing opinions are now allowed?
No the hate speech is actually still banned. The terms of service are still there and nothing has changed in that regard. It's really not that free and probably never will be.

They are still banning and shadowing stuff. Some topics are still being removed and accounts are all restored yet.
(11-14-2022, 03:57 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I forget the numbers, but a lot of that influx of "hate speech" came from only a few accounts. Just another game of statistics manipulation.
The influx came from primarily bots and if I had to guess who had bots laying around after getting their previous accounts banned for being bots it was liberals who were using them to push their talking points and brainwashing.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

I absolutely love Elvira.. Been a fan of hers for years. Loved her Saturday afternoon movies. Some of the most fun and cheesy horror movies of all time.

That said, so what.. She can piss off now. Take your whining some place else..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I guess he'll have to get his free manicures and lattes somewhere else. 

‘He’s Fired’: Elon Musk Unceremoniously Axes Twitter Employee Who Publicly Called Him Out (msn.com)

(11-14-2022, 09:13 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I absolutely love Elvira.. Been a fan of hers for years. Loved her Saturday afternoon movies. Some of the most fun and cheesy horror movies of all time.

I never cared for her.  The wife liked her.  But I just never saw it.  Never found her pretty, never found her hot.  Never found her entertaining.   She had big boobs that were somewhat exposed. That’s about it for me.  And women like that are a dime a dozen.

(11-14-2022, 09:19 PM)Jags Wrote:
(11-14-2022, 09:13 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I absolutely love Elvira.. Been a fan of hers for years. Loved her Saturday afternoon movies. Some of the most fun and cheesy horror movies of all time.

I never cared for her.  The wife liked her.  But I just never saw it.  Never found her pretty, never found her hot.  Never found her entertaining.   She had big boobs that were somewhat exposed. That’s about it for me.  And women like that are a dime a dozen.

Agree, but back then, when you had to rely on local channels for entertainment, her boobs did the job lolol

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2022, 09:25 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-14-2022, 09:22 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(11-14-2022, 09:19 PM)Jags Wrote: I never cared for her.  The wife liked her.  But I just never saw it.  Never found her pretty, never found her hot.  Never found her entertaining.   She had big boobs that were somewhat exposed. That’s about it for me.  And women like that are a dime a dozen.

Agree, but back then, when you had to rely on local channels for entertainment, her boobs did the job lolol

I relied on squiggle vision.  The playboy channel occasionally came  in “just enough” to see something good

(11-14-2022, 09:24 PM)Jags Wrote:
(11-14-2022, 09:22 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Agree, but back then, when you had to rely on local channels for entertainment, her boobs did the job lolol

I relied on squiggle vision.  The playboy channel occasionally came  in “just enough” to see something good

Didn't have squiggle vision back then, or The Playboy Channel haha

She divorced her husband and is in a relationship with a woman. Such a naughty girl.

Cassandra Peterson - Wikipedia

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2022, 09:30 PM by NewJagsCity.)

(11-14-2022, 09:24 PM)Jags Wrote:
(11-14-2022, 09:22 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Agree, but back then, when you had to rely on local channels for entertainment, her boobs did the job lolol

Yeah, I always wondered if the Playboy Channel and Skinemax had satellite tech companies that also built channel descramblers. It would have been the classic self-created market.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2022, 11:47 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 3 times in total.)

(11-13-2022, 08:30 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 08:00 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: So alive and robust?  The whole thing is apparently about to go under.  Musk is tweeting about possible bankruptcy.  It has nothing to do with left and right.  It's about how to run a company.

Twitter will be okay. It’s financial and FTC woes started before Musk bought it. Twitter was losing $4 million a month and even founder Jack Dorsey apologized for saying he grew the company too fast. Meanwhile, user numbers have gone up. Advertisers who have paused their accounts can’t ignore that for long. 

Musk will figure it out.

He's culling the dead weight jobs and the malcontents. That alone will stop a lot of the financial bleeding. What's more fun to watch is the outcry of disgruntled employees who are getting fired for publicly criticizing Musk since the takeover. Now, I've only worked for 51 years of my life and maybe I'm missing something here, but it seems to be a general rule that if you criticize the CEO of your company publicly (or even privately), that you might indeed be asked to leave your job and said company. I guess they're so used to the 'freedom of speech / freedom from consequences' paradigm that's been in place there for so long, that their heads are now exploding trying to absorb the reality that they just got [BLEEP] canned.

(11-15-2022, 11:45 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 08:30 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Twitter will be okay. It’s financial and FTC woes started before Musk bought it. Twitter was losing $4 million a month and even founder Jack Dorsey apologized for saying he grew the company too fast. Meanwhile, user numbers have gone up. Advertisers who have paused their accounts can’t ignore that for long. 

Musk will figure it out.

He's culling the dead weight jobs and the malcontents.  That alone will stop a lot of the financial bleeding.  What's more fun to watch is the outcry of disgruntled employees who are getting fired for publicly criticizing Musk since the takeover.  Now, I've only worked for 51 years of my life and maybe I'm missing something here, but it seems to be a general rule that if you criticize the CEO of your company publicly (or even privately), that you might indeed be asked to leave your job and said company.  I guess they're so used to the 'freedom of speech / freedom from consequences' paradigm that's been in place there for so long, that their heads are now exploding trying to absorb the reality that they just got [BLEEP] canned.

I agree you have to have a low tolerance for malcontents.  
If someone is being consistently critical and not trying to be productive about it, you have to part ways.
But the rule of jerks applies. If you meet one or two jerks every day, that's normal.  But if it feels like every single person in a certain place is a jerk, then you're the jerk, and you don't belong there.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(11-15-2022, 12:28 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 11:45 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: He's culling the dead weight jobs and the malcontents.  That alone will stop a lot of the financial bleeding.  What's more fun to watch is the outcry of disgruntled employees who are getting fired for publicly criticizing Musk since the takeover.  Now, I've only worked for 51 years of my life and maybe I'm missing something here, but it seems to be a general rule that if you criticize the CEO of your company publicly (or even privately), that you might indeed be asked to leave your job and said company.  I guess they're so used to the 'freedom of speech / freedom from consequences' paradigm that's been in place there for so long, that their heads are now exploding trying to absorb the reality that they just got [BLEEP] canned.

I agree you have to have a low tolerance for malcontents.  
If someone is being consistently critical and not trying to be productive about it, you have to part ways.
But the rule of jerks applies. If you meet one or two jerks every day, that's normal.  But if it feels like every single person in a certain place is a jerk, then you're the jerk, and you don't belong there.

Unless you own said certain place, then you get to do what you want...

(11-15-2022, 02:09 PM)KingIngram052787 Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 12:28 PM)mikesez Wrote: I agree you have to have a low tolerance for malcontents.  

Unless you own said certain place, then you get to do what you want...

...alone.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2022, 07:54 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-15-2022, 04:23 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 02:09 PM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: Unless you own said certain place, then you get to do what you want...

...alone.

Yep, Elon is all alone with his billions of dollars.  Sad life he lives.  I feel sorry for him.  Let’s start a collection for him? You in Mike?

(11-15-2022, 11:45 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 08:30 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Twitter will be okay. It’s financial and FTC woes started before Musk bought it. Twitter was losing $4 million a month and even founder Jack Dorsey apologized for saying he grew the company too fast. Meanwhile, user numbers have gone up. Advertisers who have paused their accounts can’t ignore that for long. 

Musk will figure it out.

He's culling the dead weight jobs and the malcontents.  That alone will stop a lot of the financial bleeding.  What's more fun to watch is the outcry of disgruntled employees who are getting fired for publicly criticizing Musk since the takeover.  Now, I've only worked for 51 years of my life and maybe I'm missing something here, but it seems to be a general rule that if you criticize the CEO of your company publicly (or even privately), that you might indeed be asked to leave your job and said company.  I guess they're so used to the 'freedom of speech / freedom from consequences' paradigm that's been in place there for so long, that their heads are now exploding trying to absorb the reality that they just got [BLEEP] canned.

That explains it. They've lived in an echo chamber for so long they don't know how to cope with the reality that there are consequences for being disrespectful. It doesn't matter if you don't like your boss or disagree with them. You respect their position of authority or you go somewhere else. 

Or you can be willfully stupid and talk smack about them publicly and get fired publicly.

Elon Musk Gives Twitter Employees a Deadline to Stay or Leave (msn.com)

Elon Musk gave Twitter employees a deadline of 5 p.m. Eastern time on Thursday to decide if they wanted to work for him, and he asked those who did not share his vision to leave their jobs, in his latest shock treatment of the social media company.

Mr. Musk made the announcement in an early-morning email to employees on Wednesday; The New York Times obtained the message, which had the subject line “A Fork in the Road.” In the note, Mr. Musk, 51, reiterated that Twitter faced a difficult road ahead and offered employees three months of severance if they did not want to continue working there “to build a breakthrough Twitter 2.0.”...

...In his note to Twitter employees on Wednesday, Mr. Musk said they would need to work hard — very hard. “In an increasingly competitive world, we will need to be extremely hard core,” he wrote. “This will mean working long hours at high intensity. Only exceptional performance will constitute a passing grade.”

Engineering will be the primary focus, Mr. Musk added, with design and product management taking a back seat. He included a link to an online form asking employees to confirm their interest in working at Twitter...

Things sure have changed compared to how it was just a couple of months ago. Did these employees expect this fairy tale to continue from a company losing $4M a month?

https://youtu.be/qkQbHyLE6Tc

Twitter needed an enima.. Elon is that enima lolol