Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Jaguars Vs. Packers Game Day Thread***

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2016, 11:30 AM by AmeliaIsland.)

First Sunday of the 2016 NFL regular season has finally arrived, Jaguars fans!    Smile   Our Jacksonville Jaguars will try to win more than five games this season from last season's 2015 record, as they host the Green Bay Packers at EverBank Field in both teams sixth all-time regular season meeting this afternoon.  Jaguars will also try to contend in the AFC South,  and have not reached the NFL Playoffs since the 2007 Jaguars, and finished with an 11-5 record.

Another unusual arrangement in scheduling is that all four AFC South teams are hosting interconference games with NFC North opponents, including the Vikings @ Titans, Lions @ Colts, and Bears @ Texans, along and besides the Jaguars hosting the Packers.

Green Bay is making their first regular season appearance in Jacksonville, Florida, in almost eight years. Packers lead the Jaguars after five regular season games 3 games to 2, but the Jaguars also defeated the Packers in their last visit to Jacksonville.  Maurice Jones Drew ran a 2-yard touchdown with 1:56 remaining in the fourth quarter, to help Jacksonville defeat Green Bay 20-16, back on December 14, 2008.

Jacksonville's only other win over Green Bay was their first on the road at Lambeau Field. Byron Leftwich threw two touchdown passes to Jimmy Smith in the first half, each from 31 and 16 yards, Fred Taylor and Greg Jones scored TD runs from 37 yards and 1 yard in the second half, and hung on to win 28-25 at Lambeau back on December 19, 2004.

Jaguars however lost the last meeting also played at Lambeau played on October 8, 2012.  Jaguars never led throughout the game despite Blaine Gabbert's 303 passing yards, and lost 24-15.

This afternoon will be the first regular season game with the stadium improvements throughout EverBank Field added during the past off-season.

Kevin Burkhardt and John Lynch are announcing the live TV game commentary, along with sideline reporter and interviewer Pam Oliver, for the NFL On FOX's primary early regional double header game, seen regionally, and locally on WFOX Channel 30, live on HD.

Partly cloudy skies at 84 degrees, feels like 94 degrees is the game forecast inside EverBank Field, for this afternoon's 1:05PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, along with 5% precipitation, 7% humidity, and west/southwest winds at 4 miles per hour.

Visiting Packers are wearing their yellow helmets, green jerseys, and yellow pants on the playing field, while the host Jaguars are wearing their black and gold helmets, and white jerseys and pants.

NO injuries, let's hope our Jaguars seek to win their first AFC South Title since 1999!  Every Game Counts,and GO JAGUARS!!!!!    :yes:   Smile

http://www.jaguars.com/gameday/game/2016/regular1

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2016091103...rs@jaguars

http://www.jaguars.com/depth-chart.html

http://www.jaguars.com/injury-report.html

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Happy Gameday.
Shock the world

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2016, 12:09 AM by ibjagged.)

jags win this and its not an upset in my book

jags 49 green bay 28

"Can't wait."

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2016, 12:18 AM by Treestone Ice.)

If I'm betting it's on green bay to win, but f the Jags have success in the running game, don't turn the ball over or give away the game in penalties, I could see them wearing green bay down and sneaking away with an absolutely huge win.

I'm flying to San Diego tomorrow for the week 2 game. Would absolutely love to see this team 1-0 going into it.

I'm going to be in a bar filled to the brim with Packer fans. Here's to me being the only one to leave happy!

Amelia got the date of our last trip to Green Bay wrong. It was the last Sunday in October and day after Georgia beat Florida.

I think Tyson Alualu is the only player from that game who is still in Jacksonville. Chad Henne did not play, but he was active.

Quote:I'm going to be in a bar filled to the brim with Packer fans. Here's to me being the only one to leave happy!

LOL Have fun trash talking with the cheeseheads.

Amelia is omnipresent. All must bow down to Amelia

GO JAGUARS!

Part of me feels bad that I am thinking more about football than the terrorist attacks 15 years ago.

Quote:GO JAGUARS!

Part of me feels bad that I am thinking more about football than the terrorist attacks 15 years ago.
Terrorist want you to remember that attack. 

It's game time!!! Holy [BLEEP]! How will I ever sleep?

So excited for tomorrow, I really hope our team dominates.

Quote:Terrorist want you to remember that attack. 

Everybody who knows wants to remember it, and everyone who can should. Unfortunately the excitement of a football game between two of my favorite teams is dominating the brain now.

Quote:So excited for tomorrow, I really hope our team dominates.

Especially on defense. Jalen Ramsey did not dare Aaron Rodgers to throw his way for nothing.

Let's keep it within 30, boys.

Quote:Everybody who knows wants to remember it, and everyone who can should. Unfortunately the excitement of a football game between two of my favorite teams is dominating the brain now.
Doesn't that statement apply to pretty much every game played this weekend?

Quote:Let's keep it within 30, boys.

So you don't want to score more than 30 points?

Quote:Doesn't that statement apply to pretty much every game played this weekend?

Not every game. Just the games I care about.

Quote:Not every game. Just the games I care about.
Right. All of them.