Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Luke Fortner Center Pick 65 Kentucky

(09-19-2022, 09:53 PM)Jagsman Wrote: How do you think this guy has been doing the past two games? I can recall one penalty so far.

He's been ok, about what you expect from a rookie starter. Needs a bit more strength but he moves good and he's smart.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-19-2022, 09:53 PM)Jagsman Wrote: How do you think this guy has been doing the past two games? I can recall one penalty so far.

Hes been rated by PFF as the worst starting center through 2 weeks.

He's had a tough outing early on vs. Payne, Allen, and Buckner. I think he has a much better game against the Bolts. He looked better this week than last week though

So far so good from what I have seen. Could he be better? Yea, but he is a rookie. Centers are like wine they get better with age.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(09-19-2022, 10:29 PM)Jag149 Wrote: So far so good from what I have seen.  Could he be better?  Yea, but he is a rookie.  Centers are like wine they get better with age.

This! Considering he's a rookie, i'll cut him some slack this year.

He will develop well

(09-19-2022, 10:00 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:

Hes been rated by PFF as the worst starting center through 2 weeks.

we should cut him, then.

Remember last year when Wingard was our best defender, according to them?

In my opinion, Fortner was drafted to be the stable of the OL w/respect himself and TL16 having Cohesion for the next 8-10 years. As per his performance(s), if he's playing good enough to remain the starter as a rookie then just imagine when he gets a couple more years of NFL experience. The Maturation Process.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2022, 12:41 PM by Upper.)

Fortner was maybe the only bad part of our team this week I believe. He really needs to get stronger he was getting pushed around all game.

He’ll be much better after a year in the weight room. I’m not concerned.

He hasn't been good but if the coaches think he benefits from playing I'm for it.

(09-20-2022, 01:02 PM)NoShoes Wrote: He’ll be much better after a year in the weight room. I’m not concerned.

Me either.

He's taking his lumps this year for sure. He's got another big test coming up in L.A. I think he'll improve as the season progresses. Pederson will continue to adjust when and where needed.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2022, 07:25 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

He's faced top 5/ Pro Bowl tackles in back to back weeks in the first 2 games of his career. Let's see how he does this week

I still don't think he should have started this year. Very rare to see rookie centers starting.

(09-20-2022, 08:18 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: I still don't think he should have started this year. Very rare to see rookie centers starting.
Yeah. Agreed. Linder retired though. Shatley is still an option if Fortner falters. Sometimes baptism by fire can make a diamond in the rough shine though. He had the background and consistency you wanted to see out of a player coming from the SEC.

I think he'll honestly settle into being a quietly good center just like Linder and just like Meester. This is a position this team seems to get relatively right.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-20-2022, 08:18 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: I still don't think he should have started this year. Very rare to see rookie centers starting.

"Very rare"? Do your homework.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(09-20-2022, 08:35 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 10:00 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Hes been rated by PFF as the worst starting center through 2 weeks.

we should cut him, then.

Remember last year when Wingard was our best defender, according to them?

I remember that.  PFF is odd.

(09-20-2022, 10:42 PM)NH3 Wrote:
(09-20-2022, 08:18 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: I still don't think he should have started this year. Very rare to see rookie centers starting.

"Very rare"? Do your homework.

NH3...

medium rare, maybe?

(09-21-2022, 08:14 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(09-20-2022, 10:42 PM)NH3 Wrote: "Very rare"? Do your homework.

NH3...

medium rare, maybe?

Did some digging.

Looks like it's just "medium" according to this official chart. 

[Image: centersff97a453bc8d000a.png]