Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Travon Walker Round 1, Pick 1 (merged)

I'm selling my season tix.  I'm done.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Not even an edge rusher... "Don't worry Trevor... by 2026... we wont be giving up 63 points per game!"

lol

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

I’ve had better picks while dealing with wedgies.

I'm good with it.

I'll be cheering for the kid from my usual seats at TIAA Bank Field.

I'm fine with it as well. There was no clear top prospect. Wanted an Edge guy and we got one.

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2022, 08:45 PM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-28-2022, 08:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'm good with it.

I'll be cheering for the kid from my usual seats at TIAA Bank Field.

Oh I'll cheer for the kid.

It's a shame he'll have to overcome his lack of pass rushing experience and general fan pessimism.

I will say this about him as an edge rusher:  even at this early stage of his career, if somehow he gets isolated on a TE or RB in pass protection against him, his power should enable him to dominate.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Walker is a BUM
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(04-28-2022, 08:42 PM)Ronster Wrote: Walker is a BUM

Settle down

He was McShays 2nd rated prospect fwiw lol

And you also thought Nick Foles was actually good

Ok just drank my double shot of teal kool-aid. We know Walker is not a bum as I didn't see any shopping cart. I hope the plan these guys are following works out best for our team. Gotta have faith.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(04-28-2022, 08:49 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

And you also thought Nick Foles was actually good

Well, Foles did win a SuperBowl, Walker had 9.5 sacks in 3 years. Save your faux knowledge about football…
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Welcome to jacksonville........

Consensus top 5 pick...but he's a bum. Y'all are drama queens

(04-28-2022, 08:58 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(04-28-2022, 08:49 PM)Eric1 Wrote: And you also thought Nick Foles was actually good

Well, Foles did win a SuperBowl, Walker had 9.5 sacks in 3 years. Save your faux knowledge about football…

So did Trent Dilfer, still doesn't mean they were any good.

I’ll hold judgment till I see him on the field, if they use him as a 2 point edge like Baalke says he should show up more in the stat book. The one thing that really jumps out at me on him is his closing speed. I wanted the safer pick in Hutch but I do think Walker has the lower floor but the higher ceiling.
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

I trust the staff Pederson put together. If they feel Walker is the best fit for scheme, who are we to argue?

(04-28-2022, 09:20 PM)NoShoes Wrote: I trust the staff Pederson put together. If they feel Walker is the best fit for scheme, who are we to argue?

That argument has been used to defend a lot of failed picks in the past.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]