Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Run Trevor Run!!!

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2022, 08:26 AM by snowwolf776. Edited 1 time in total.)

ok first of al from the looks on paper jags defense could be really improved,but the offensse looks like there isn't any help for trevor still. no go to WR in free agenty,nor did jags draft one. Both Zay jones,and kirk are  3rd to 4rth string wrs. nither one can be a go to guy. Due to no help for trevor according to how it looks on paper,espaissley with a weak O-line the theme for offensse should be Run trevor Run!  The theme for defense last serveal years has been 3rd down= automatic first down. From our players we sighned on defense,and drafted the D should be better. We won't know until the team plays a game that counts. on paper though jags defense looks like it has the possbiltty to get a lot better while the offense will remain the same,and trevor will be running for his life again like last year. I am not saying thats whats going to happen this season for Jags,i'm just saying from what it looks like on paper it will be Run Trevor Run. time will tell.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I will say this, i've said multiple times that adding Kirk and losing chark was basically a net 0. But to be fair, Chark missed most of last season so in terms of help for Trevor it's actually quite a nice grab.

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2022, 08:32 AM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

I'm worried about wr still, but there is improvement. Ingram, kirk, zay.. etienne. That's at least 4 weapons that weren't there last year. Just like a previous poster mentioned, chark jr was out all year. We need some good luck on the injuries. Offense line, we will have to see how that plays out. Hopefully the coaches can coach them up and maybe convince Taylor to move to guard or coach him up. They need to get the best 5 on the field. Remember the problems last season were drops and play calling. Dont underestimate how having a better playbook and play calling CAN help the offense immensely

I think they are decent better then last year and with Pederson I think we can get by with better blocking. I mean they could go after OBJ or Fuller in FA. I'm excited to see Zay and Kirk how they do.
No Fun

I expect the line to be absolutely fine. Kirk will have a career year. Engram will have a great season. Wouldn’t be surprised if we picked up Julio

Personally I’m not worried at all.

Fun fact, Trevor had more rushing attempts than Carlos Hyde, and a one-yard better average per run. Maybe we just didn't realize that Trevor was drafted to play both QB and backup RB at the same time. Two positions with one pick sounds like outstanding value to me.

Worst case scenario the team will have to hit the waiver wire for a WR or two.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2022, 11:28 AM by NH3. Edited 2 times in total.)

(05-02-2022, 08:02 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: ok first of al from the looks on paper jags defense could be really improved,but the offensse looks like there isn't any help for trevor still. no go to WR in free agenty,nor did jags draft one. Both Zay jones,and kirk are  3rd to 4rth string wrs. nither one can be a go to guy. Due to no help for trevor according to how it looks on paper,espaissley with a weak O-line the theme for offensse should be Run trevor Run!  The theme for defense last serveal years has been 3rd down= automatic first down. From our players we sighned on defense,and drafted the D should be better. We won't know until the team plays a game that counts. on paper though jags defense looks like it has the possbiltty to get a lot better while the offense will remain the same,and trevor will be running for his life again like last year. I am not saying thats whats going to happen this season for Jags,i'm just saying from what it looks like on paper it will be Run Trevor Run. time will tell.

I'll agree that "we won't know until the team plays a game that counts" Wolfie.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

I keep remembering our coach during an interview before he was hired saying our team did have talent on it, what was he seeing that we are missing? IF it is true what I heard on 1010 that our RT from last year has indeed been told he is a guard then maybe there is a plan for the O-Line we don't see. ???? does make me say hmmm.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

If you're going to worry about the Jags offense, worry about the O-Line.

Pederson has proven himself adept at generating production from his TEs, RBs, and mid-tier WRs.
We just need the line to perform well enough for the playbook to function. That's an unknown currently.

It’s all about Trevor Lawrence

(05-02-2022, 04:07 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: It’s all about Trevor Lawrence

it takes a whole team to win a super bowl. right now jags biggest problom is going to be weak protection for Trevor,and he doesn't have a go to WR to throw the ball too. 

He will be running for his life again.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

I mentioned in another thread that I thought Neal was the best way to go at #1 to boost the the OL. An above average OL not only gives the 2nd year QB additional time in the pocket, but improves the run game as well (allowing RPO, play-action, etc). The Andrew Luck situation is something to be scared of. Defense definitely matters, but not nearly as much if your offense can't move the ball reliably.

U don't pay 70 million for a 3rd string receiver.

Trevor will be running like Forest Gump week 1 facing the Commanders front..... Run Trevor Run

(05-24-2022, 10:08 PM)TheLeadCommander Wrote: Trevor will be running like Forest Gump week 1 facing the Commanders front..... Run Trevor Run

Interesting take.  I have to believe at this point they have a plan for the offensive line.  Am I concerned? heck yea.  The only thing that gives me hope is what has been done so far may be different than we all thought, but appears on paper to be coming together.  If it was last year with that receiving corps I would agree, but this years team may just have the quickness and discipline to make teams that blitz pay a price.  So, can they cobble together an offensive line that can hold out a good defensive line long enough for our QB to make a read or two ?   That is what has me nervous.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(05-02-2022, 08:12 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I will say this, i've said multiple times that adding Kirk and losing chark was basically a net 0. But to be fair, Chark missed most of last season so in terms of help for Trevor it's actually quite a nice grab.

Chark sucked. He gave up after 2019. If he would have even showed a smidge of effort in 2020-21, he'd still be here. Good riddance.

(07-24-2022, 10:34 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote:
(05-02-2022, 08:12 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I will say this, i've said multiple times that adding Kirk and losing chark was basically a net 0. But to be fair, Chark missed most of last season so in terms of help for Trevor it's actually quite a nice grab.

Chark sucked. He gave up after 2019. If he would have even showed a smidge of effort in 2020-21, he'd still be here. Good riddance.

While prior to free agency I also didn't want to resign Chark.. after seeing what we ended up doing, I would have preferred him to stay around at least this season. I think Chark and MJJ on the outside with Kirk in the slot would have been ideal. I don't know how to feel about Zay Jones.

(07-25-2022, 03:58 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(07-24-2022, 10:34 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Chark sucked. He gave up after 2019. If he would have even showed a smidge of effort in 2020-21, he'd still be here. Good riddance.

While prior to free agency I also didn't want to resign Chark.. after seeing what we ended up doing, I would have preferred him to stay around at least this season. I think Chark and MJJ on the outside with Kirk in the slot would have been ideal. I don't know how to feel about Zay Jones.

The word you are looking for is "journeyman."
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

The Jags appear to have improved the OLine, from the outside it looks solid. We will see...
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"