Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fairgrounds moving to the Westsiiide

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They can't host the fair on the westside, it's already a circus there..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Wesside's the best side!
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

If they want to go back to agricultural... the northside is a better choice.

Do they have animals at the jax fair like they do out at the clay county fair?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Would they add a rodeo portion?

(05-03-2022, 11:32 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Do they have animals at the jax fair like they do out at the clay county fair?

There's plenty of animals at the jax fair.. Or do you mean like, actual baaa baaa and mooo animals?

Hopefully this means good things for the Jags practice facility and development around the stadium in general.

(05-03-2022, 01:04 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Hopefully this means good things for the Jags practice facility and development around the stadium in general.

Hopefully enough of a footprint to build a domed stadium. 

A guy can dream, can’t he?

(05-03-2022, 11:57 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-03-2022, 11:32 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Do they have animals at the jax fair like they do out at the clay county fair?

There's plenty of animals at the jax fair.. Or do you mean like, actual baaa baaa and mooo animals?

The second kind!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(05-03-2022, 02:40 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(05-03-2022, 11:57 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: There's plenty of animals at the jax fair.. Or do you mean like, actual baaa baaa and mooo animals?

The second kind!

Remember the pig races at the clay county fair? Those were cool...

"Bacon in the lead, but here comes Pork Chop!!"

When I was a kid I was playing a pinball machine in the fair arcade tent. The unlocked front door swings open as I bump it revealing all the beautiful quarters inside Banana . We commenced to fill our pockets with the new found ill gotten bounty. Later we get on the Zipper and lets just say, I got off with a lot less quarters than I got on with. Angry It was raining quarters out of that death cage at a massive rate, it's as if the damn machine was designed to empty your pockets. Shouldn't have taken them in the first place is the moral I guess. Blush
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

I guess I'll care more about this when my grandsons are old enough to go. Till then, yawn.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Semi-Related:

The renderings of the proposed MOSH rebuild at the shipyards are in

https://twitter.com/MOSHjax/status/15215...qfm-dLR3Cw

Jacksonville is where beautiful renderings go to die.

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2022, 01:12 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 3 times in total.)

(05-04-2022, 11:01 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Semi-Related:

LOL. I used to see those renderings all the time during my years with COJ/JEA. You might be shocked at how much those things cost. I remember a Shipyards rendering from the early 2000's; cost the City a cool 700k. Of course, it never came to fruition. At least a local architect got the 700k, so the money stayed local. Of course, that was then, this is now. Maybe it'll happen this go-round. MOSH can even have a 'Toxic Chemicals and their effect on Planet Earth' exhibit; all they will have to do is dig a hole, build over it and fence it off for viewing. It's all good!
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2022, 01:26 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

Wow, the new location is pretty far off the beaten path.
I always wondered why they didn't put the fair up on the old pecan park race track, but I see that's an auto auction lot now. Times change, you can never go back.
But this is good for the jaguars. As much as some fans might have enjoyed going to the fair before or after the game, the team always tried to have road games at that time. Sharing parking wasn't fun for either of them.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(05-04-2022, 01:07 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(05-04-2022, 11:01 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Semi-Related:

LOL.  I used to see those renderings all the time during my years with COJ/JEA.  You might be shocked at how much those things cost.  I remember a Shipyards rendering from the early 2000's; cost the City a cool 700k.  Of course, it never came to fruition.  At least a local architect got the 700k, so the money stayed local. Of course, that was then, this is now.  Maybe it'll happen this go-round.  MOSH can even have a 'Toxic Chemicals and their effect on Planet Earth' exhibit; all they will have to do is dig a hole, build over it and fence it off for viewing.  It's all good!

MOSH already has 87 million in funding assembled for a new museum.

Now instead of not traveling 30 miles to the fair, I will not be traveling 45 miles to the fair.

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2022, 07:27 PM by Jags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(05-04-2022, 02:06 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Now instead of not traveling 30 miles to the fair, I will not be traveling 45 miles to the fair.

You may not be the demographic they are targeting.  I think they’re targeting those that get paid Friday, spend 20-40 at the fair that night, purchase meth or weed from “their guy”  have their girlfriend do grocery shopping Saturday along with the Saturday night party in which they buy a handle then call the boss on Monday saying they don’t have gas money to get into work.  Seen it a million times.

Damn, the more I think about it, JAX is probably kicking themselves that they don’t encompass Hastings/Palatka.