Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Naomi Judd has died

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2022, 05:52 PM by americus 2.0. Edited 1 time in total.)

None of the links I try will go to the actual story just to the main page of the website. This is what they all said....

Naomi Judd, part of the Grammy-award winning country music duo The Judds, is dead at 76.

Judd's daughters, country singer Wynonna and actress Ashley Judd, confirmed the artist's death in a statement on Saturday. "Today we sisters experienced a tragedy. We lost our beautiful mother to the disease of mental illness," they wrote in a statement. "We are shattered. We are navigating profound grief and know that as we loved her, she was loved by her public. We are in unknown territory."

It is a tragedy when anyone dies from a mental illness. Judd was very open about her struggle with depression and wrote a book about in 2016. Some of you gave me grief when I defended Meghan Markle when she talked (complained) about her mental health after the birth of her first child. Granted, the way she went about it was not helpful, but when someone is battling mental illness, especially postpartum depression and especially with the media mocking them, they aren't exactly firing on all cylinders. Some of you said she's rich and entitled and what on earth does she have to complain about. I pointed out that just because you're wealthy, it doesn't mean you don't suffer. 

The death of Judd speaks volumes to this point. She was wealthy, had a long career doing something she loved with her daughter and had money and resources available to help her fight her battle with depression- something most of us do not have- yet she still succumbed to it. 

***Edited to change name to Antonio Brown. 
It's a tragedy that a gifted and troubled athlete like Antonio Brown kept getting signed on by NFL teams instead of being treated for his obvious mental health issues. Had he been treated years ago he likely wouldn't be in denial now about his mental state and could have had a healthy career and healthy relationships. As it is, no NFL team wants anything to do with him and I can guarantee you his family suffers from all of it as well. He has the money and resources available but doesn't think anything is wrong.

The fact that mental illness has more stigma attached to it than drug and alcohol addiction is downright dangerous and insulting.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I read a few articles over the weekend about her. Apparently, after she finally retired in 2011, she would often stay in the house for 3+ weeks at a time in her PJs, ignoring hygiene essentials ..... so yes, this is definitely a mental issue that is truly devastating, knowing if it can happen to her (and all of her success and resources) it could definitely happen to anybody. It's a real shame she could not use her golden years to enjoy her past success and the incredible success of her daughters.

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2022, 05:19 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

(05-02-2022, 11:52 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: None of the links I try will go to the actual story just to the main page of the website. This is what they all said....

Naomi Judd, part of the Grammy-award winning country music duo The Judds, is dead at 76.

Judd's daughters, country singer Wynonna and actress Ashley Judd, confirmed the artist's death in a statement on Saturday. "Today we sisters experienced a tragedy. We lost our beautiful mother to the disease of mental illness," they wrote in a statement. "We are shattered. We are navigating profound grief and know that as we loved her, she was loved by her public. We are in unknown territory."

It is a tragedy when anyone dies from a mental illness. Judd was very open about her struggle with depression and wrote a book about in 2016. Some of you gave me grief when I defended Meghan Markle when she talked (complained) about her mental health after the birth of her first child. Granted, the way she went about it was not helpful, but when someone is battling mental illness, especially postpartum depression and especially with the media mocking them, they aren't exactly firing on all cylinders. Some of you said she's rich and entitled and what on earth does she have to complain about. I pointed out that just because you're wealthy, it doesn't mean you don't suffer. 

The death of Judd speaks volumes to this point. She was wealthy, had a long career doing something she loved with her daughter and had money and resources available to help her fight her battle with depression- something most of us do not have- yet she still succumbed to it. 

It's a tragedy that a gifted and troubled athlete like A.J. Brown kept getting signed on by NFL teams instead of being treated for his obvious mental health issues. Had he been treated years ago he likely wouldn't be in denial now about his mental state and could have had a healthy career and healthy relationships. As it is, no NFL team wants anything to do with him and I can guarantee you his family suffers from all of it as well. He has the money and resources available but doesn't think anything is wrong.

The fact that mental illness has more stigma attached to it than drug and alcohol addiction is downright dangerous and insulting.

You may have meant Antonio Brown? A.J. just got 57M guaranteed (100M total) and that usually helps a bit with improving mental health. At least in most cases.

Sad news regardless. The Judds had a very good run in the 80's and 90's.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2022, 05:51 PM by americus 2.0. Edited 1 time in total.)

^^^ Yes, thank you! I knew it was 'A' Brown I just could not remember it as Antonio.

(05-02-2022, 12:40 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I read a few articles over the weekend about her.  Apparently, after she finally retired in 2011, she would often stay in the house for 3+ weeks at a time in her PJs, ignoring hygiene essentials ..... so yes, this is definitely a mental issue that is truly devastating, knowing if it can happen to her (and all of her success and resources) it could definitely happen to anybody.  It's a real shame she could not use her golden years to enjoy her past success and the incredible success of her daughters.

Depression is a hateful soul killer. Severe depression and PPD (postpartum depression) will end your life if you don't get help. And even sometimes when you do.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!