Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2022 offseason News and rumors

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2022, 07:56 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

Looks like OBJ might be going to the Chiefs

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2022, 05:45 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Make the move Baalke.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/a...e.amp.html

https://twitter.com/1kalwaysopen_/status...RGtlq4oepQ

(10-20-2022, 05:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Make the move Baalke. 

I think we already have our slot guy.

(10-20-2022, 09:57 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(10-20-2022, 05:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Make the move Baalke. 

I think we already have our slot guy.

Moore can play outside

(10-20-2022, 11:38 PM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...0427817984
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1583298134955814912

Are the 49ers really a Christian McCaffrey away from winning a Superbowl though? In that division? Everybody is right at .500. My fear is Christian's ability to stay healthy but I am 100% sure Shanahan can do some pretty creative things with him and Samuel on the football field at the same time. 

Very interesting move. Just not sure I agree with all of the picks given up to get him. Seems like an awful lot.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-21-2022, 09:20 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-20-2022, 11:38 PM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...0427817984
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1583298134955814912

Are the 49ers really a Christian McCaffrey away from winning a Superbowl though? In that division? Everybody is right at .500. My fear is Christian's ability to stay healthy but I am 100% sure Shanahan can do some pretty creative things with him and Samuel on the football field at the same time. 

Very interesting move. Just not sure I agree with all of the picks given up to get him. Seems like an awful lot.

They were in the SB 2 years ago and the NFC championship game last year.  I think he is there missing piece if they can stay healthy.  They need Trent Williams back

(10-21-2022, 09:48 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-21-2022, 09:20 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Are the 49ers really a Christian McCaffrey away from winning a Superbowl though? In that division? Everybody is right at .500. My fear is Christian's ability to stay healthy but I am 100% sure Shanahan can do some pretty creative things with him and Samuel on the football field at the same time. 

They were in the SB 2 years ago and the NFC championship game last year.  I think he is there missing piece if they can stay healthy.  They need Trent Williams back

It's possible. The NFC is interesting to watch this year. I think they clearly have a more well rounded conference than the AFC this year. I don't think the NFC North nor NFC South will have a standout in the play-off's this year. 

I know it's hard to discredit Brady but it just feels like the team to beat and go all the way this year is going to come out of the East or West. It's hard not to like what Philadelphia is doing right now. Hurts has been playing like an MVP. The NFC West is going to be nice dog fight for the rest of the year as well.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-21-2022, 09:52 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-21-2022, 09:48 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: They were in the SB 2 years ago and the NFC championship game last year.  I think he is there missing piece if they can stay healthy.  They need Trent Williams back

It's possible. The NFC is interesting to watch this year. I think they clearly have a more well rounded conference than the AFC this year. I don't think the NFC North nor NFC South will have a standout in the play-off's this year. 

I know it's hard to discredit Brady but it just feels like the team to beat and go all the way this year is going to come out of the East or West. It's hard not to like what Philadelphia is doing right now. Hurts has been playing like an MVP. The NFC West is going to be nice dog fight for the rest of the year as well.

Bucs are getting Jensen back, that wasn't expected and shores up their biggest deficiency. I think the Brady Factor will loom large by January.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-21-2022, 11:15 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-21-2022, 09:52 AM)Caldrac Wrote: It's possible. The NFC is interesting to watch this year. I think they clearly have a more well rounded conference than the AFC this year. I don't think the NFC North nor NFC South will have a standout in the play-off's this year. 

Bucs are getting Jensen back, that wasn't expected and shores up their biggest deficiency. I think the Brady Factor will loom large by January.
Agreed.  I think one of the Bills, Bucs, or SF will win the SB this year

(10-21-2022, 04:08 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Yikes
https://twitter.com/davidpwoods/status/1...9872824321

Those 2023 and 2024 picks being listed there kind-of skew the perspective. 

Those picks were traded to acquire a rare talent in McCaffery. Not your typical scenario.

(10-21-2022, 05:58 PM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/kmeinke/status/1583480117921468416

If you’re a Detroit/Hutch fan, does this make you concerned or is this good news?  I’d be concerned, but I already kinda was before the draft.

(10-22-2022, 09:41 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-21-2022, 04:08 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Yikes
https://twitter.com/davidpwoods/status/1...9872824321

Those 2023 and 2024 picks being listed there kind-of skew the perspective. 

Those picks were traded to acquire a rare talent in McCaffery. Not your typical scenario.

He's also a highly paid, injury prone talent, though according to spotrac they can release him at any point with no dead cap hit, so they have that going for them.

If anything I think it just shows how much resource they've put into RBs, while getting nothing out of them.  That list doesn't even include the 4th rounder for Joe Williams and the big contract for McKinnon.  Their best RBs to date in the Shanny era have been UDFAs (Breida and Wilson), a journeyman (Mostert) and that 6th rounder (Mitchell).  McCaffery is at least proven, but is that investment really worth it went you're getting good production from guys for cheap?  They are at least getting a ton of mid round picks for their diversity hires, so they can afford to take the chance.

I think their chances this season of a SB win went down with Lance, because Jimmy G just isn't good enough to outduel really anyone.  McC at least gives them another weapon to hide Jimmy and give them some hope of staying in the SB race, along with the NFC being pretty odd so far this season.

(10-22-2022, 04:05 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(10-21-2022, 05:58 PM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/kmeinke/status/1583480117921468416

If you’re a Detroit/Hutch fan, does this make you concerned or is this good news?  I’d be concerned, but I already kinda was before the draft.

I guess you could spin it both ways. One side could say it's a good thing that they're trying to get the best out of their players by trying different things. Other side could say it's concerning that after 6 games you're realizing the original plan may not be working as expected.

Would love to know D6's thoughts on it. Haven't seen him post in awhile. Hope all is well with him and Bullseye.

(10-22-2022, 08:58 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-22-2022, 04:05 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: If you’re a Detroit/Hutch fan, does this make you concerned or is this good news?  I’d be concerned, but I already kinda was before the draft.

I guess you could spin it both ways. One side could say it's a good thing that they're trying to get the best out of their players by trying different things. Other side could say it's concerning that after 6 games you're realizing the original plan may not be working as expected.

Would love to know D6's thoughts on it. Haven't seen him post in awhile. Hope all is well with him and Bullseye.

I suspect it may be because he doesn’t have the bend to get around the edge that well and he doesn’t have the strength to bull rush anyone.  You’re probably not generally taking an ILB with the number 2 pick, so the thought of shifting him there is concerning considering draft capital spent.

(10-22-2022, 08:58 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-22-2022, 04:05 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: If you’re a Detroit/Hutch fan, does this make you concerned or is this good news?  I’d be concerned, but I already kinda was before the draft.

Thanks, Eric.  

I hope all is well with Bullseye.

Thankfully, everything is well on this end.  I did have Left Rotator Cuff surgery on June 1.  It's around a 6th month rehab. I have been going to PT twice a week.  The PT sessions are helping me greatly in the recovery.

Aidan Hutchinson had most of his pass rush success with Michigan as a standup rusher.  With Hutch struggling to make an impact as a pass rusher in the last 2 games and for the most part in the game at Minnesota,  it's worth giving him more opportunities as a standup rusher. Hutch has been seeing plenty of double teams but even in one on one matchups, he's not been winning much of late as a pass rusher.   One thing that I think will help Hutch beginning today is that John Cominsky is expected to play after missing the previous 3 games with a thumb injury and Josh Paschal is expected to make his NFL debut after beginning the season on the PUP list.  Not having Charles Harris a second straight game is concerning though.  When the Lions had both Harris and Cominsky (first two games), Hutch and the Lions overall pass rush was much better than it's been since.

(10-22-2022, 11:22 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(10-22-2022, 08:58 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I guess you could spin it both ways. One side could say it's a good thing that they're trying to get the best out of their players by trying different things. Other side could say it's concerning that after 6 games you're realizing the original plan may not be working as expected.

I suspect it may be because he doesn’t have the bend to get around the edge that well and he doesn’t have the strength to bull rush anyone.  You’re probably not generally taking an ILB with the number 2 pick, so the thought of shifting him there is concerning considering draft capital spent.

My greatest long term concern with Hutch is one that I had before the draft, his relatively short arm length.  

Hutch is very quick but he needs a greater variety of pass rush moves.  

I'm optimistic that Hutch will noticeably improve as a pass rush, as he gains experience, and the talent around him improves.  Yet, I'm concerned about him coming close to being able to live up to his draft billing, despite having a great work ethic and motor. 
''

Hutch had a good game against the Cowboys. The highlights I saw he has a spin move now which got him a sack on one play and a nice pressure on another. Ended up with 1.5 sacks on the day and a TFL.