Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Post draft record predictions?

The one thing I will say is this team will be stout up front.  We are sticking to the 3-4 and have some young hungry freak athletes ready to wreck some havoc in the afc south.  This defense got  a massive upgrade in the draft and will be very physical up front.  AT the very least we should be able to shut down henry and the colts physical run game.  Pass rush is still to be determined.  Will Walker explode on the scene or be your typical rookie with only a handful of sacks?  Also health always plays a role.

The team invested heavily in free agency with the offense.  Pederson is a QB guru that should be able to get the most out of Lawrence.  Pederson loves his tight ends so expect them to be a much higher focus on the offense going forward.  Probably some RPO and short passing game incoming.  We will probably be a run first team.  I also think Pederson will get the most out of Shenault as well.  I read somewhere where pederson never or barely ever had a receiver in his offense get over 1,000 yards a season.  My point is I do not believe receivers are as important in pederson's offense.

I am buying the koolaid and being extremely optimistic:  10-7
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Baalke FINALLY gets fired ( fingers crossed )
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

8-9 and happy. Enough with the Baalke hate (for now).

Jags win four or five games this season but are competitive in more than half. The strong defense and flashes on offense convince a few more high profile FA's to come for a big run in the following two years.

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2022, 07:27 PM by rpr52121. Edited 1 time in total.)

Jaguars have a All Pro selection, first overall since 2019 and first non-kicker since 2017.

Jaguars get their first ever Franchise Tie.

I originaly thought the draft would be more offense heavy, and that the season was completely dependant on Trevors progression (I mean it still kinda is)

But now, I'm kinda hoping to see the rebirth of Sacksonville alongside some steady progress from Trevor. That being said, 17-0 baby

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2022, 07:35 PM by Jagsman.)

(05-02-2022, 06:46 PM)Ronster Wrote: Baalke FINALLY gets fired ( fingers crossed )
What makes you hate Baalke right now? I feel like he has done a great job this offseason. Last seasons performance goes on Meyer for creating havoc.

Progress from Trevor and a solid defense, not elite, but solid. 7-10. I expect great things for the season after this......

(05-02-2022, 07:33 PM)Jagsman Wrote:
(05-02-2022, 06:46 PM)Ronster Wrote: Baalke FINALLY gets fired ( fingers crossed )
What makes you hate Baalke right now? I feel like he has done a great job this offseason. Last seasons performance goes on Meyer for creating havoc.

Progress from Trevor and a solid defense, not elite, but solid. 7-10. I expect great things for the season after this......

He screwed up the first pick. He has a habit of reaching and he has learned nothing. Hutchinson should be in Jacksonville not that freaking bum Walker!!
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(05-02-2022, 08:42 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(05-02-2022, 07:33 PM)Jagsman Wrote: What makes you hate Baalke right now? I feel like he has done a great job this offseason. Last seasons performance goes on Meyer for creating havoc.

He screwed up the first pick. He has a habit of reaching and he has learned nothing. Hutchinson should be in Jacksonville not that freaking bum Walker!!

I feel like theres gonna be a lot of people eating crow with me come the end of the season. I think a lot of us early on were terrified of the Walker pick because most of us, including myself early on hadn't watched any of his game tape, didn't understand how he was used and didn't know why his numbers were as low as they were.

Knowing what I know now, I feel like he was the right pick to make here.. I was never in love with Hutchinson and the only other player I could argue I wanted more was Sauce Gardner and we don't even really need CBs.

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2022, 08:52 PM by rpr52121. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-02-2022, 07:33 PM)Jagsman Wrote: What makes you hate Baalke right now? I feel like he has done a great job this offseason. Last seasons performance goes on Meyer for creating havoc.

Every year half of the top ten picks bust. Let's see how this plays out before we continue to chastise Baalke for this pick.

We are all a bit skeptical but there is nothing to do about it now. Jags cannot reneg on the pick. Baalke is not going anywhere. Shad is probably be very cautious to fire anyone for 2 years.

If any team is due for the odds to fall in the favor for once, it is the Jags. And if you are going to continue to bemoan incessantly and effectively root for Walker to fail to show that you are correct, what are you doing on this forum?

(05-02-2022, 08:51 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(05-02-2022, 08:42 PM)Ronster Wrote: He screwed up the first pick. He has a habit of reaching and he has learned nothing. Hutchinson should be in Jacksonville not that freaking bum Walker!!

Every year half of the top ten picks bust. Let's see how this plays out before we continue to chastise Baalke for this pick.

We are all a bit skeptical but there is nothing to do about it now. Jags cannot reneg on the pick. Baalke is not going anywhere. Shad is probably be very cautious to fire anyone for 2 years.

If any team is due for the odds to fall in the favor for once, it is the Jags. And if you are going to continue to bemoan incessantly and effectively root for Walker to fail to show that you are correct, what are you doing on this forum?
Find more political trash on Facebook and post it here…. Duh!

(05-02-2022, 08:53 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-02-2022, 08:51 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Every year half of the top ten picks bust. Let's see how this plays out before we continue to chastise Baalke for this pick.

Find more political trash on Facebook and post it here…. Duh!

The only "social media" I partake in is sports forums, so okay.

A habit???  We're talking about the first pick in his second draft.  How many of his prior picks were ''reaching"?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(05-02-2022, 09:05 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(05-02-2022, 08:42 PM)Ronster Wrote: He screwed up the first pick. He has a habit of reaching and he has learned nothing. Hutchinson should be in Jacksonville not that freaking bum Walker!!

A habit???  We're talking about the first pick in his second draft.  How many of his prior picks were ''reaching"?

He's reached in the 1st round two years in a row now.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 05-03-2022, 04:03 AM by Jag88. Edited 2 times in total.)

I'm super excited after all the improvements. I'm just worried about the schedule. The jags need to win the division. That's the goal regardless of record.

(05-02-2022, 09:43 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-02-2022, 09:05 PM)Sneakers Wrote: A habit???  We're talking about the first pick in his second draft.  How many of his prior picks were ''reaching"?

He's reached in the 1st round two years in a row now.

You have no idea how badly I wanted to make a Trevor joke here, but I already know that 2 years later someone would quote it as a fact so I'ma just let it slide lol.

7-10

Maybe 8-9

I said 7-9 wins before the draft, and I don't see much to change that. I think we got one potential future all -pro at LB, the rest is meh. 7-10 sounds about right, with 3 of those within division. Which will be tremendous improvement.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

5-12. I said it before. I don't think a bunch of rookies will change it that much. If we can't get to 5 wins that will be really sad.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

This is a 4 win team. You gotta score points.