Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Post draft record predictions?

(05-05-2022, 08:46 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(05-05-2022, 11:47 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: so far it's CTEisReal and O-LineMatters

Wouldn't it be hilarious if Travon Walker becomes defensive rookie player of the year and the team made the playoffs?  They go through all of the suffering just to quit when the team finally becomes good.

(05-05-2022, 03:30 PM)Dimson Wrote: Poor O-line.  When we drafted one of his least favorite linemen, I figured he might head to the Modis.

However, I did notice that we signed Nick Ford as a UDFA.  He was OLM's #5 ranked center and #7 ranked guard.  Fortner didn't make the top 10 of either of his lists.

He hates both Fortner and the other Kentucky lineman that was drafted.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-05-2022, 10:02 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-05-2022, 08:46 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: Wouldn't it be hilarious if Travon Walker becomes defensive rookie player of the year and the team made the playoffs?  They go through all of the suffering just to quit when the team finally becomes good.

However, I did notice that we signed Nick Ford as a UDFA.  He was OLM's #5 ranked center and #7 ranked guard.  Fortner didn't make the top 10 of either of his lists.

He hates both Fortner and the other Kentucky lineman that was drafted.

there was a lot of hate and there was a lot of attempts to remind us of the same.

Root for the laundry. Those wearing it will change with high regularity.

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2022, 08:48 PM by Newton. Edited 1 time in total.)

I am always overly optimistic, but I say 9-8. This is partly due to our draft, but more due to the overall division not seeming very strong and my expectation that the offense takes a step forward. The defense will likely keep us in some close games.

9-8. AFC South Champs.

(05-06-2022, 09:04 PM)TownCenterJag Wrote: 9-8. AFC South Champs.

I hate to say it but I cannot imagine the Colts roster with the addition of Matt Ryan not being good. His situation is so similar to Matt Staffords lol.

(05-08-2022, 01:58 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:

I hate to say it but I cannot imagine the Colts roster with the addition of Matt Ryan not being good. His situation is so similar to Matt Staffords lol.

I disagree. Ryan is 3 years older and seems to be on the decline. And Stafford went to a much better roster in L.A.

(05-08-2022, 03:53 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(05-08-2022, 01:58 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I hate to say it but I cannot imagine the Colts roster with the addition of Matt Ryan not being good. His situation is so similar to Matt Staffords lol.

I disagree. Ryan is 3 years older and seems to be on the decline. And Stafford went to a much better roster in L.A.

Not to say Ryan is better than Stafford, or that the colts are better than the Rams. But the Colts are 100x better than the Falcons, and Matt Ryan is fully capable of being a top 10 QB especially with the roster the indy from the defense to Taylor/Pittman etc etc. Let's be honest, Carson Wentz had a pretty good year in indy if it weren't for his absolute choke job vs us I don't think he woulda been traded.

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2022, 07:31 AM by Jag88. Edited 2 times in total.)

Yes, I would say Stafford is more in his football prime, but ryan still has something left in the tank. He will possibly be as good as rivers was in his last season or maybe he won't be even as good as rivers in his last season with the colts.

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2022, 09:24 AM by Caldrac.)

Personally I am beginning to feel Reich is overrated as a coach. They collapsed last year and lost games down the stretch they shouldn't have lost after a rough start to the season and they ultimately used Wentz, after ONE year, as the scapegoat.

This was in a division where the Jaguars and tinhorns were clearly in and still are in a rebuilding phase. Also, a Henry less tacks team for much of the year.

I think Ryan is overrated as well. If they miss the play off's again I could see Irsay cleaning house after week 17. Three years in a row now with a new face at QB reeks of desperation. Especially in this division.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(05-08-2022, 09:23 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Personally I am beginning to feel Reich is overrated as a coach. They collapsed last year and lost games down the stretch they shouldn't have lost after a rough start to the season and they ultimately used Wentz, after ONE year, as the scapegoat.

This was in a division where the Jaguars and tinhorns were clearly in and still are in a rebuilding phase. Also, a Henry less tacks team for much of the year.

I think Ryan is overrated as well. If they miss the play off's again I could see Irsay cleaning house after week 17. Three years in a row now with a new face at QB reeks of desperation. Especially in this division.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Re-watched the last episode of Hard Knocks, In Season featuring the Colts.  You remember, the episode showing the Jaguars dominating the Colts.  
My takeaways:
1. Irsay is a complete [BLEEP]
2. Reich sucks
3. A team with 7 Pro Bowl players got dog beat

(05-08-2022, 01:58 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:

Just go watch the Matt Stafford 2021 playoff reel. 

Matt Ryan can't do that anymore. At this stage in their careers,  Stafford >>>> Ryan.

Ryan will still present more of a challenge than any other QB in the division. Definitely not ready to conclude the Colts will be bad this year. Seems more likely the Titans decline than the Colts.

(05-08-2022, 12:29 PM)Newton Wrote: Ryan will still present more of a challenge than any other QB in the division. Definitely not ready to conclude the Colts will be bad this year. Seems more likely the Titans decline than the Colts.

Yes.  Hopefully the new pieces on defense amount to the Jags being able to pressure Ryan (and others)  into mistakes. 
Ryan's lack of mobility should be exploited.

(05-08-2022, 12:49 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-08-2022, 12:29 PM)Newton Wrote: Ryan will still present more of a challenge than any other QB in the division. Definitely not ready to conclude the Colts will be bad this year. Seems more likely the Titans decline than the Colts.

Yes.  Hopefully the new pieces on defense amount to the Jags being able to pressure Ryan (and others)  into mistakes. 
His mobility should be exploited but guys like him and Rivers have always carved up this D….. no matter who is playing defense

It's almost the time for the schedule to come out. That is going to play an important factor in predicting the record for the season too.

(05-08-2022, 01:52 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-08-2022, 12:49 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yes.  Hopefully the new pieces on defense amount to the Jags being able to pressure Ryan (and others)  into mistakes. 
His mobility should be exploited but guys like him and Rivers have always carved up this D….. no matter who is playing defense

Meh.

New coaches and new pieces on this defense since the last time Matt Ryan played them and he didn't really do [BLEEP] in the last match up

190 yards , 1 TD, 1 INT

(05-03-2022, 12:02 PM)Jagsman Wrote: For those of you that have been on the board for a while. What were the vibes like going into the 2017 season. In 2016 we went 3-13 just like this past season. Then we drafted Leonard Fournette and the rest is history.

So I actually looked up my old posts and threads that talked about this(the 2017 season). I was predicting 6 wins and similar to this year, the previous year I had predicted 7-9 and we had actually only won 3 games. But others were saying 8-8 was a possibility due to Coughlin. No one was predicting we would be as good as we actually were tho. There are some similarities if I am honest. But I don't think it will play out the way it did last time.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(05-03-2022, 12:02 PM)Jagsman Wrote: For those of you that have been on the board for a while. What were the vibes like going into the 2017 season. In 2016 we went 3-13 just like this past season. Then we drafted Leonard Fournette and the rest is history.

This was my gut feelings that offseason. 

Ramsey just came off a really nice rookie season, we started playing good Defense towards to back end and on that side of the ball I felt hope. 
Blake had just regressed from his outstanding 2015 season back down to earth in 2016. 

I think most of us had the perception that we needed a spark on offense to get it going again, with a healthy ar-15 allen hurns and hopefully a bounce back season from Bortles.

Then we go crazy and sign guys like Campbell/bouyee to go along with our splash malik jackson of the year prior. 

Going into the draft, for me the choice was obvious.. move on from Blake, take Watson or (at the time) reach for Mahomes. Or if you have to give Blake another year get him a back to round out that offense as we already had two stud WRs. Fournette/Dalvin Cook.

I was pleased with fournette, on the teal koolaid assumption that Blake was going to bounce back with AR-15 there to bail him out again..And even tho AR15 went out week 1, Blake had an OK season to go along with that absolute insanity that was Sacksonville. 

But it is such a shame, that had we taken Mahomes or Watson instead.. this team would have most likely won the SB in '17.. and honestly maybe another the following year.. you know without having all our superstars disgruntled over Blakes insane extension.

It's all in the past now, but I will say this. With the additions we've made to the defense in particular, I'm half feeling the same vibe I felt from the 2017 off season.. the question now is will Trevor prove to be the guy who can guide a stout defense to the promised land.

Time will tell.

It would be really nice if we could start with some winnable games early, allowing us to win and get some confidence quickly.

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2022, 02:59 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

(05-10-2022, 07:32 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:

This was my gut feelings that offseason. 

Ramsey just came off a really nice rookie season, we started playing good Defense towards to back end and on that side of the ball I felt hope. 
Blake had just regressed from his outstanding 2015 season back down to earth in 2016. 

I think most of us had the perception that we needed a spark on offense to get it going again, with a healthy ar-15 allen hurns and hopefully a bounce back season from Bortles.

Then we go crazy and sign guys like Campbell/bouyee to go along with our splash malik jackson of the year prior. 

Going into the draft, for me the choice was obvious.. move on from Blake, take Watson or (at the time) reach for Mahomes. Or if you have to give Blake another year get him a back to round out that offense as we already had two stud WRs. Fournette/Dalvin Cook.

I was pleased with fournette, on the teal koolaid assumption that Blake was going to bounce back with AR-15 there to bail him out again..And even tho AR15 went out week 1, Blake had an OK season to go along with that absolute insanity that was Sacksonville. 

But it is such a shame, that had we taken Mahomes or Watson instead.. this team would have most likely won the SB in '17.. and honestly maybe another the following year.. you know without having all our superstars disgruntled over Blakes insane extension.

It's all in the past now, but I will say this. With the additions we've made to the defense in particular, I'm half feeling the same vibe I felt from the 2017 off season.. the question now is will Trevor prove to be the guy who can guide a stout defense to the promised land.

Time will tell.
The sad part is I was praying Mahomes stayed a 2nd rd pick after we drafted fournette smh. Didn't even dominate the sec but jags picked him smdh. Reminded every year by my chiefs friend how stupid we are.

Oh wait.....then we double the stupidity after the MJWD loss and pick foles cuz he beat the team that cheated us. How dumb can one be .

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.