Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Post draft record predictions?

5-12. But a *good* and improving 5-12.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-02-2022, 09:43 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-02-2022, 09:05 PM)Sneakers Wrote: A habit???  We're talking about the first pick in his second draft.  How many of his prior picks were ''reaching"?

He's reached in the 1st round two years in a row now.

What's the definition of "reaching" (other than a selection some members of the fan base disagree with)?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

This roster is a giant ? right now. We have some good players and we have definitely improved the roster this off season (but that wasnt hard). Weve got a lot of new pieces but also another new HC and OC/DC and systems to learn and integrate players into. Im very optimistic having Pederson and i think with time he can turn this team around but its going to take time. Camps are going to be crucial to how quickly this team gels together.

I went into the darft figuring we'd improve, heck just starting off with a better coach in place is gonna give them an advantage over last year.

I still think 6-7 wins is a reasonable expectation. This is a young team on both sides of the ball, and in addition to the coaching changes, we've seen a heck of a lot of turnover on the roster. Gonna be a lot of new guys on the field, and they are gonna take some time to not only learn their role, but how to play alongside teammates as well. They'll need to learn how to get a lead and hold it late, how to use adrenaline without emotion, and rookies will need to adjust to the speed of the game.

That said, it's going to be fun watching this team grow. I hope they shock us and contend for postseason. I think that's the goal next season.

Only thing the draft will allow me to predict is that our run defense will be much better this year.

W/L prediction doesn't change from the draft. Still thinking 7 wins with competitive losses is a good target, and I'll be hoping for something better than that with cautious optimism.

(05-03-2022, 07:12 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(05-02-2022, 09:43 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: He's reached in the 1st round two years in a row now.

What's the definition of "reaching" (other than a selection some members of the fan base disagree with)?

Taking an RB with a 1. Taking a project DE at #1. The Lloyd pick was in the right place, but we had to trade up to make that pick, so that lowers the value.

Feels like reaching because it is.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

the draft hasn't changed my mind either. I still say jags go 6-11 this season. If the defense turns out as god as it looks on paper i can see them scoreing  points which will help jags win. the offensse will stil lstruggle due to players comeing back from injury, and weak protection for Trevor.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

9 - 8.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

For those of you that have been on the board for a while. What were the vibes like going into the 2017 season. In 2016 we went 3-13 just like this past season. Then we drafted Leonard Fournette and the rest is history.

(05-03-2022, 12:02 PM)Jagsman Wrote: For those of you that have been on the board for a while. What were the vibes like going into the 2017 season. In 2016 we went 3-13 just like this past season. Then we drafted Leonard Fournette and the rest is history.

Fans were hyped by Coughlin's return and his "win lunch" intro etc. 

Fournette was expected to be a force despite his detractors (myself included) pointing out his weaknesses. 

Folks were very on the fence about Bortles. 

By my recollection - folks were expecting ~ .500, but not playoffs.

Home Games:
We beat the Texans, Giants, and Colts. It's a pretty rough stretch of games.

Away Games;
Lions, Jets, Commanders, and Texans. I think those are winnable games, and we win 2 of them.

5-12 record. Not great, but a step forward at least.
I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(05-03-2022, 11:41 AM)Caldrac Wrote: 9 - 8.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

This

I had greater hopes for our FA and draft, so I'm predicting fewer wins now than I did before. I'm thinking 5 wins this year, maybe 6. I just hope TL stays healthy.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

Odd that I'm the most optimistic!

I think this Division is weak and pederson will have a good game plan in effect.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I had us at 5-12 prior to the draft but now have us 7-10 not because of what we did but because the Titans botched the AJ Brown contract.

(05-03-2022, 10:40 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-03-2022, 07:12 AM)Sneakers Wrote: What's the definition of "reaching" (other than a selection some members of the fan base disagree with)?

Taking an RB with a 1. Taking a project DE at #1. The Lloyd pick was in the right place, but we had to trade up to make that pick, so that lowers the value.

Feels like reaching because it is.

Whose player rankings are the standard of measure?  ESPN had Hutchinson at #1 with a 94 grade.  Walker was 2nd with a 93.  Is that a reach?

Last year Etienne was ranked 22nd with a 90.  We took him with the 25th pick.  If you advocate for best player available, he was.  If you realize need and value of position are factors, you can argue he wasn't the best choice.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(05-03-2022, 06:51 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I had us at 5-12 prior to the draft but now have us 7-10 not because of what we did but because the Titans botched the AJ Brown contract.

I'll take a tack sweep!

The jags are so lucky to be in this division. It's most likely the worst one in football. Just win the division!

(05-03-2022, 02:40 PM)Sibelius Wrote: I had greater hopes for our FA and draft, so I'm predicting fewer wins now than I did before. I'm thinking 5 wins this year, maybe 6. I just hope TL stays healthy.

You actually predicted more than 6 wins before?

(05-03-2022, 10:30 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Only thing the draft will allow me to predict is that our run defense will be much better this year.

W/L prediction doesn't change from the draft. Still thinking 7 wins with competitive losses is a good target, and I'll be hoping for something better than that with cautious optimism.

Yeah i think your right, somewhere around 7 and the competitive losses would be progress. I think what im finding hard to judge is last season was so bad, for so many reasons that its pretty incredible we even won 2 games but having a competent HC this year may fix more than i expect, quicker than i expect.