Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bucs to play first ever regular season NFL game in Germany

The NFL announced that they will play a regular season game in Germany for the first time.  Berlin is the biggest city but the game will be in Munich.  Munich was the largest German city that was fully in the American zone from 1945-1992 and has held 4th of July parades off and on over the years, showing their appreciation of Americans.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-04-2022, 01:08 PM)mikesez Wrote: The NFL announced that they will play a regular season game in Germany for the first time.  Berlin is the biggest city but the game will be in Munich.  Munich was the largest German city that was fully in the American zone from 1945-1992 and has held 4th of July parades off and on over the years, showing their appreciation of Americans.

Bavaria has always been a more friendly part of Germany.

They don't take themselves as serious as the other parts of the country and enjoy having a good time with good people. Berlin would have sucked.

In related note, saw that the Pack are losing a home game this year to play overseas, I could just imagine the whining from their fans about that. Vic's probably thanking his stars that his site shut down earlier this year.

(05-04-2022, 01:38 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(05-04-2022, 01:08 PM)mikesez Wrote: The NFL announced that they will play a regular season game in Germany for the first time.  Berlin is the biggest city but the game will be in Munich.  Munich was the largest German city that was fully in the American zone from 1945-1992 and has held 4th of July parades off and on over the years, showing their appreciation of Americans.

Bavaria has always been a more friendly part of Germany.

They don't take themselves as serious as the other parts of the country and enjoy having a good time with good people. Berlin would have sucked.

Totally Disagree.  This area from 1918 - 1945 were some of the worst regions leading to the formation of the Nazi party -- many of the leaders were actually from Austria and the Bavaria region of Germany.  Many Jews were executed in various concentration camps during WWII in this region.  Also, nearly 30 years later, 7 Israeli athletes in the Olympics were taken hostage and killed in Munich back in 1972.   

Dachau, the first Nazi concentration camp in Germany, established on March 10, 1933, slightly more than five weeks after Adolf Hitler became chancellor. Built at the edge of the town of Dachau, about 12 miles (16 km) north of Munich, it became the model and training centre for all other SS-organized camps.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dachau_concentration_camp

(05-04-2022, 02:39 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(05-04-2022, 01:38 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Bavaria has always been a more friendly part of Germany.

Totally Disagree.  This area from 1918 - 1945 were some of the worst regions leading to the formation of the Nazi party -- many of the leaders were actually from Austria and the Bavaria region of Germany.  Many Jews were executed in various concentration camps during WWII in this region.  Also, nearly 30 years later, 7 Israeli athletes in the Olympics were taken hostage and killed in Munich back in 1972.   

Dachau, the first Nazi concentration camp in Germany, established on March 10, 1933, slightly more than five weeks after Adolf Hitler became chancellor. Built at the edge of the town of Dachau, about 12 miles (16 km) north of Munich, it became the model and training centre for all other SS-organized camps.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dachau_concentration_camp

You can not blame the Germans/Bavarians for something Palestinian terrorists did. 
But yes, Bavaria was also the birthplace of Nazism.  Munich was also the only German city to be ruled by Communists in the chaos of 1919, and the birth and success of the Nazi Party was at least partially a reaction to that.
But all that was 100 years ago.

Du... Du Hast.... Du Hast Bucs....
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Would be pretty wild to attend an NFL game with seriously proper beer and bratwurst.

(05-13-2022, 03:54 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Would be pretty wild to attend an NFL game with seriously proper beer and bratwurst.

I've had that seriously proper beer and brats and let me just say it would be epic

I miss living in Germany.....

Bucos uber allies!
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Brotts!!! My guilty pleasure.

For the record, we are heading to Brussels in a month (just for a few days on our way to other places). Looks like Delirium Village is the place to go for beer. Any other recommendation for beer and brats (or something extremely local to Belgium other than waffles and chocolate).

Das Ich Gut ?

(05-13-2022, 06:45 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: For the record, we are heading to Brussels in a month (just for a few days on our way to other places).  Looks like Delirium Village is the place to go for beer.  Any other recommendation for beer and brats (or something extremely local to Belgium other than waffles and chocolate).

The pomme frites with a mayonnaise or dijonnaise based dipping sauce are big there - as are the moules-frites (mussels and fries)  - Often a fresh baguette is provided to dip into the white wine/butter/garlic sauce the mussels are served in.

The beers are often broken into Blonde (single), Dubbel, and Tripel with the alcohol % increasing respectively through those. The Trappist ales are big there also. 

The Palm Special Ale is a nice amber ale that you'll see most everywhere and it's an easy drinker. 
Westmalle is another ubiquitous brand you'll find in the single/double/triple varieties most places.

(05-13-2022, 07:44 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-13-2022, 06:45 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: For the record, we are heading to Brussels in a month (just for a few days on our way to other places).  Looks like Delirium Village is the place to go for beer.  Any other recommendation for beer and brats (or something extremely local to Belgium other than waffles and chocolate).

The pomme frites with a mayonnaise or dijonnaise based dipping sauce are big there - as are the moules-frites (mussels and fries)  - Often a fresh baguette is provided to dip into the white wine/butter/garlic sauce the mussels are served in.

The beers are often broken into Blonde (single), Dubbel, and Tripel with the alcohol % increasing respectively through those. The Trappist ales are big there also. 

The Palm Special Ale is a nice amber ale that you'll see most everywhere and it's an easy drinker. 
Westmalle is another ubiquitous brand you'll find in the single/double/triple varieties most places.

Yeah almost every restaurant has mussels over there. I was into it, but my wife doesn't care for them.

Belgium is the most laid back part of Europe I've ever visited, mostly because it's not as touristy.

If you like sours, you can’t skip Cantillon.