Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Sad times

We have to put our cat to sleep and have an appointment scheduled for Saturday. He needs surgery that can only be done by a few veteranarians who specialize in it and surgeries are being scheduled into next year and he can't wait that long. This really sucks. 

He showed up at the time I began having the issues that led to my bowel surgery in 2018 and he has been a comfort through that whole thing right on up to now as I'm going through this menopause related depression. Now it's our turn to comfort him and let him rest easy. I don't know the last time I cried so hard. 

We're going to miss you buddy.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that.
Saying goodbye to a pet this way is incredibly difficult. I'm a few years removed from a similar situation and I still wish there was more I could have done.
Hope you find some comfort elsewhere.

Sorry to hear that but hang in there time heals many wounds.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I'm very sorry to hear that. We've had to be in a similar situation a couple of times and it's never easy.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I'm so sorry you're going through this, it's never easy saying goodbye. It sounds like you already have a wealth of pleasant memories shared together, may those be the ones that last.

So sorry to hear that. I think a good bit of us can understand where you’re at and how you’re feeling. It’s never easy. (Cyber hug).

Sorry to hear this. We have been through it as well. Maybe consider if available in your area to have someone come to your house. It was and still is a major regret for me to not have it done at home where she was comfortable verses the cold metal table she was on.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Thanks guys. It's been a tough day. I appreciate you all.

I’m sorry AM2.

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end."

A line from the song Closing Time by Semisonic from 2002. I heard this song a few days before we made the decision to let our kitty go over the rainbow bridge. At the time I heard it I didn't think anything of it but that one line kept playing in my head and has a different meaning since Wednesday when the decision was made. 

There is so much to take from that line when going through something hard. It doesn't make it easier but it does help you think back to the beginning of the situation and realize something else ended in order for that season of life to begin. I've wondered what is next for me and my husband. I hope it's really freaking awesome because our cat has been a huge part of our lives and not much is worthy to replace him. But I guess we'll find out. 

Tomorrow is D-Day.  Cry

It is done.

(05-21-2022, 02:03 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: It is done.

He was lucky to have compassionate owners. 
Cherish the fond memories.

(05-21-2022, 02:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

He was lucky to have compassionate owners. 
Cherish the fond memories.

Thank you. We have many good memories with him.

My condolences, Ames

Sad

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

That's sux, I'm so sorry.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I’m so sorry for your loss. Your kitty knew they were loved.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

sorry to hear that americus,that is the one small drawback to haveing a pet is they get old ,and pass away too.  Maybe we should make a cockroach our pets ,espaissley the ones that could live though aything,just don't stomp on it.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Sorry for your loss. Hopefully as time passes by you can smile, remembering the quality time you had together.