Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If the Jags had the number 1 overall pick for the 3rd year in a row

(10-30-2022, 10:48 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Trent ain’t the one throwing picks at the goal line. If my kid doesn’t clean his room, I don’t discipline his mother.

(10-30-2022, 11:17 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(10-30-2022, 11:10 PM)Eric1 Wrote: No, but Trent has thrown a bunch of money and draft picks into this defense and they aren't showing up either. He spent a record amount of $$$ this off season and has very little to show for it.

Texans, Washington, Philly, and Denver game was not on the defense in my opinion. The 2nd Colts game was.

Texans Lawrence threw a pick at the goal line
Washington he threw a duck pick and Etienne dropped a pass that could have been placed a lot better. Philly game 5 turnovers from Lawrence. Denver game he threw a pick at the goal line. I think it was the Giants game he couldn’t even throw a Hail Mary. 

The defense is 11th in ppg. We can go back and forth but I think Lawrence is the reason we’re not good.

(10-30-2022, 11:28 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-30-2022, 11:17 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Texans, Washington, Philly, and Denver game was not on the defense in my opinion. The 2nd Colts game was.

Texans Lawrence threw a pick at the goal line
Washington he threw a duck pick and Etienne dropped a pass that could have been placed a lot better. Philly game 5 turnovers from Lawrence. Denver game he threw a pick at the goal line. I think it was the Giants game he couldn’t even throw a Hail Mary. 

The defense is 11th in ppg. We can go back and forth but I think Lawrence is the reason we’re not good.

Lawrence cost us 3 games this season at max. Eagles, texans and you could make an argument for today's game. Personally I feel he only cost us 2 of them (even though the INT at the goal line was bad) because we had the lead and the Defense choked another game away in the final minutes today. Just like they did against Washington. Just like they did against the colts in the 2nd game.

The Giants loss was a mix of bad Defense, the ETN fumble and bad coaching which cost us that game.

Agreed with the both of you in here on some of this. It's not Trent's fault that Lawrence doesn't seem to have it in between the ears and fails to learn from his mistakes when it comes to situational football and being within the redzone and striking distance. 

Agreed with the amount of money spent on defense and it choking late in a few games. It's not how you start. It's how you finish. Is it aggravating that Lawrence has left some points on the football field? Absolutely. Is it aggravating when this defense chokes leads late, after they saw the most facelift and investments made in the off season? Absolutely. 

At any rate, when your football team is 2 - 6, and you're losing close games? Everything is amplified in the grand scheme of things. It's a lot of give and take and back and forth statistically. However, here's the most concerning part in all of this during this losing stretch. 

Lawrence, whether you like it or not, he's regressed the most. He's regressed worse than the defense. His completion percentage is now slightly better than where he was last year. His turnovers are once again either leading his scoring contributions or it's right at even at this point between the passing TD's, rushing TD's and FUM/INT numbers. 

I look at it like this. This is a QB driven league. The QB is given MORE opportunities than anybody else in this spot to make it happen, to make it work. He has to maximize every single ounce of opportunity this team gets out there on the football field. He has to be the conductor of the momentum out there. 18/31 for 133 yards? Really? 1 TD and 2 INT's, which, both of those INT's were just flat ugly. 

It's becoming abundantly clear where the issues lay on this team. It's, in this order for this year:

1. QB1 play in situational football. 10 total turnovers Vs. 13 total TD's. With a few of those turnovers coming at the expense of being potential a + in the TD column and W column. 
2. 4th quarter defense. Despite this offense putting them in bad spots early. Defense does enough to keep the game tight. Offense somehow rallies late and takes the lead. Defense folds. 
3. Lack of a deep threat at WR. It's just not present. You see these big offense that lead the way and they push it downfield all the time. Jefferson, Brown, Diggs, Hopkins, Hill, etc. We lack it.

That's how a 2 - 6 football team becomes a 2 - 6 football team. Baalke has to be heavily criticized for the failures on defense. As well as Caldwell. And Pederson. That was Pederson's hire. Pederson needs criticism for Lawrence simply not rebounding from his mistakes. Lawrence has to take ownership as well as he's simply failing to learn from his mistakes. Take control if you have to. Run it with your feet. Throw your body on the line if your receivers can't get open at 1st and goal. Make a [BLEEP] play like the top tier QB's do there with their legs. Figure it the [BLEEP] out. 

We all know, for better or worse, this year is a mulligan for Lawrence with Pederson. I may not like it. I may not trust this process in the long haul. And we may very well seal the number one overall pick for the third year in a row. And we'll probably stick it out with Lawrence and look to move down to get him a receiving threat or something, etc. I just fully expect this offense to be the focal point in next year's offense. You have to find a WR1 so the current core can piggyback off of that. You have to find another TE1 if Engram is not coming back, and, even if he was? I would still look for another TE. 

I think you get 2023 and that's it for me as a fan and I think the front office knows that and I think the players know that as well as Khan in the ownership box.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If we have the #1 pick, honestly i'd expect we get a nice trade down haul since the QB class is pretty good this time around. If not, think it's a wasted oppurtunity.

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2022, 06:16 PM by nejagsfan.)

(05-21-2022, 06:25 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Would you go QB?

Not going to happen and definitely not QB

(05-21-2022, 09:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-21-2022, 06:25 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Would you go QB?

Don't you want to see if Lawrence does what 90% of the football world expects him to do in year 2 before you even consider such a ludicrous question? 

I mean, he'd have to completely crash and burn in year 2 to even consider it. 

Right now everything points to the Jaguars having a QB that 18-20 other teams would kill for.

https://youtu.be/ryjvZ-_hfpo

But but... Trevor can't make a completion down the field... I mean seriously draft a quarterback... I must be living in a clown world

R we still going QB .. . . .. . . . . .