Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 1 Jags at Commanders...

(05-23-2022, 08:38 AM)TownCenterJag Wrote:
(05-23-2022, 08:29 AM)TheLeadCommander Wrote: Are you a Jag Dlineman? ??

Just a fan a szn ticket holder. Try to go to 1 away game a year too. Doing DC and London this year though. It’s best to book these trips during the off season while I’m still excited and hopeful.
I’ll be there at that dump of a stadium!

I live in Maryland so I go every time they play the Commanders and Ravens.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-23-2022, 08:38 AM)TownCenterJag Wrote:
(05-23-2022, 08:29 AM)TheLeadCommander Wrote: Are you a Jag Dlineman? ??

Just a fan a szn ticket holder. Try to go to 1 away game a year too. Doing DC and London this year though. It’s best to book these trips during the off season while I’m still excited and hopeful.

I’ll be there as well. I considered getting dream seats, but several Washington fans I know suggested against it. I ended up finding a spot in section 121.

(05-23-2022, 01:00 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-23-2022, 08:38 AM)TownCenterJag Wrote: Just a fan a szn ticket holder. Try to go to 1 away game a year too. Doing DC and London this year though. It’s best to book these trips during the off season while I’m still excited and hopeful.
I’ll be there at that dump of a stadium!

Haha. Is it a dump? This will be my first time visiting their stadium.

Im section 123.

(05-23-2022, 01:38 PM)TownCenterJag Wrote:
(05-23-2022, 01:00 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I’ll be there at that dump of a stadium!

Haha. Is it a dump?  This will be my first time visiting their stadium.

Im section 123.
Oh it’s a dump. Remember when Jalen Hurts almost had a railing fall on him that fans were leaning on? That was FedEx. And there’s literally nothing around the stadium. It sucks.

(05-23-2022, 01:40 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-23-2022, 01:38 PM)TownCenterJag Wrote: Haha. Is it a dump?  This will be my first time visiting their stadium.

Im section 123.
Oh it’s a dump. Remember when Jalen Hurts almost had a railing fall on him that fans were leaning on? That was FedEx. And there’s literally nothing around the stadium. It sucks.

Well. That’s a bummer. I’m staying in DC in DuPont Circle so I’ll just be in that area for the game only. All that matters is we win.

(This post was last modified: 05-23-2022, 02:59 PM by Cleatwood. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-23-2022, 01:44 PM)TownCenterJag Wrote:
(05-23-2022, 01:40 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Oh it’s a dump. Remember when Jalen Hurts almost had a railing fall on him that fans were leaning on? That was FedEx. And there’s literally nothing around the stadium. It sucks.

Well. That’s a bummer. I’m staying in DC in DuPont Circle so I’ll just be in that area for the game only. All that matters is we win.
DuPont Circle is great. Lots of good restaurants and bars so you’ll have a blast there.

(This post was last modified: 05-23-2022, 03:58 PM by Rockman1966.)

The Skinders* organization is in absolute shambles with Snyder, et al. Momentum building amongst NFL owners to force him out like Richardson in Carolina. No they spend $100M on land in VA for a new stadium. Guess they're tired of playing in Landover, MD.

*Grew up in Baltimore, hated the Deadskins and continue to hate the Skinders. Hate Bob Irsay more.

I refuse to recognize the commanders as a football team. Don't care what their record is or will be..

Bring back The Redskins!!
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Im section 123.

Good luck.  When I lived in Northern Virginia (Tysons Corner area of the beltway), I went to see the Skins vs Giants at 1pm and it took me 2.5 hours to get back home so I actually missed the 4pm game due to the horrendous traffic flow out of the stadium.   I told myself I'd never go see a game there again.  Mind you, that was over 20 years ago so perhaps they figured it out by now.

I think a lot of jags fans think because Carson Wentz is there, and they assume the Commanders have a worse roster than indy that the jags should win. Of course for me, I see a very talented Washington team that hasn't had any sort of QB talent since god knows when picking up Wentz, who I don't think is a long term answer but he definitely has the talent and skill to play good football will elevate that team quite a bit.. and his WRs in washington trump over anything he had in Philly or Indy. I expect us to get smacked unless all our new pieces magically gel together prior to week 1.

Let me put it this way, if this game was in week 10 or beyond i'd think it would be anyones guess because at that point the jaguars new players should be getting used to their new surroundings and geling. In week 1 I think the Commanders have a huge advantage and a potential blowout on their hands vs us.

(05-23-2022, 04:07 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(05-23-2022, 01:38 PM)TownCenterJag Wrote: Haha. Is it a dump?  This will be my first time visiting their stadium.

Im section 123.

Good luck.  When I lived in Northern Virginia (Tysons Corner area of the beltway), I went to see the Skins vs Giants at 1pm and it took me 2.5 hours to get back home so I actually missed the 4pm game due to the horrendous traffic flow out of the stadium.   I told myself I'd never go see a game there again.  Mind you, that was over 20 years ago so perhaps they figured it out by now.

Narrator voice:

(05-23-2022, 04:08 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I think a lot of jags fans think because Carson Wentz is there, and they assume the Commanders have a worse roster than indy that the jags should win. Of course for me, I see a very talented Washington team that hasn't had any sort of QB talent since god knows when picking up Wentz, who I don't think is a long term answer but he definitely has the talent and skill to play good football will elevate that team quite a bit.. and his WRs in washington trump over anything he had in Philly or Indy. I expect us to get smacked unless all our new pieces magically gel together prior to week 1.

Let me put it this way, if this game was in week 10 or beyond i'd think it would be anyones guess because at that point the jaguars new players should be getting used to their new surroundings and geling. In week 1 I think the Commanders have a huge advantage and a potential blowout on their hands vs us.

Conversely, this will be the first time the Jaguars open up with this scheme, so they'll have the advantage of not having previous tape available for the opponents of this player/staff combination. I also think the Commies are pretty much what they were last year although they added a QB and a receiver. We'll see what happens but I think the Jags go up there and end up winning a good competitive game.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(05-23-2022, 04:08 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I think a lot of jags fans think because Carson Wentz is there, and they assume the Commanders have a worse roster than indy that the jags should win. Of course for me, I see a very talented Washington team that hasn't had any sort of QB talent since god knows when picking up Wentz, who I don't think is a long term answer but he definitely has the talent and skill to play good football will elevate that team quite a bit.. and his WRs in washington trump over anything he had in Philly or Indy. I expect us to get smacked unless all our new pieces magically gel together prior to week 1.

Heck, last year we made Tyrod Taylor look like the next coming of Patrick Mahommes in week 1.   Wentz had 27 TDs and 7 ints with a QBR of 94 last season so he's not that bad ..... he just sucked big time in Week 18 vs the Jags when everything was on the line.

(05-23-2022, 05:12 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Heck, last year we made Tyrod Taylor look like the next coming of Patrick Mahommes in week 1.   Wentz had 27 TDs and 7 ints with a QBR of 94 last season so he's not that bad ..... he just sucked big time in Week 18 vs the Jags when everything was on the line.

This.

(05-23-2022, 04:17 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(05-23-2022, 04:07 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Good luck.  When I lived in Northern Virginia (Tysons Corner area of the beltway), I went to see the Skins vs Giants at 1pm and it took me 2.5 hours to get back home so I actually missed the 4pm game due to the horrendous traffic flow out of the stadium.   I told myself I'd never go see a game there again.  Mind you, that was over 20 years ago so perhaps they figured it out by now.

Narrator voice:

On a brisk fall day, coming off of a decade of excellence, the New York Giants ventured down the I95 corridor onto FedEx Field for an encounter with the 4x Super Bowl Champion Washington Redskins.  As the fans tailgated outside pre-game, little did they know what they had in store for them after the game.  While the traffic between the hashmarks was hard hitting, the traffic post-game was equally as brutal.

Im section 123.

All I'm gonna say is, I hope no sewage pipe bursts over your seats. And yes, it did happen at FedEx Field.

(05-23-2022, 08:25 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: The jags haven't ever won a game in wasghtion. Jags have only beaten the wasghtion team in nfl football 1 time ot of 7 games,and that game was in jacksonville. Thats why a lot of people are picking commenders between  never winning in wasghtion,and jags stink  the commanders should be picked not to menttion chase young is a best. Trevor will be running for his life entire game all season long. He has no help at WR,and the o-line is still very weak.

That's a pretty stupid reason to pick the Commanders.  Yes, they beat us last time......by a field goal.....back in 2018.  Not only do we have a new coaching staff now, but most of the players as well.  While Cam Robinson and Will Richardson were on the roster that year, they were placed on injured reserve before the Washington game.  The only players active in that game that remain with the Jaguar's are:
  • Tyler Shatley (May or may not start in 2022.)
  • Dawuane Smoot (Rotational defensive lineman who only played 37% of defensive snaps in that 2018 game.)
  • Tre Herndon (Played special teams only in the 2018 game.  He did not take a single defensive snap.)
  • Logan Cooke (Punter)

That's it.  One game where only 4 players in common remain and two exclusively played special teams?  How is that significant?  Prior to that, the next game against Washington was 2014.  Only Tyler Shatley remains from that season's roster and he was inactive for the Washington game.  The net result is that you are using 7 games to show a trend and in 6 of those games, there's not even single player that took a single snap who is still with the current Jaguars.  Do you believe there is a voodoo curse on the Jaguars uniforms that makes them lose to Washington?

(This post was last modified: 05-23-2022, 10:29 PM by Firesky. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-23-2022, 05:52 AM)TheLeadCommander Wrote: What up Jag fans...I know you guys can't till the season gets started..It's hard to predict the first month of the season as teams are figuring things out especially teams with new coaching staffs..I look for my commanders on offense to try to establish the run and let Wentz (don't laugh) work off playaction...We having pretty good RB's especially Antonio gibson who is powerful and fast and our starting 3 WR are 4.4 or less guys so they will be tough to handle..What do you guys see happening and how stout is your Dline?

I tried but I LOL'd at the Carson Wentz part. IMHO he's a downgrade from Taylor Heinecke. The game will come down to the turnover battle and who has more rushing yards. I think the game is scored in the teens for both sides and it's a matter of can we contain Gibson, and can Washington contain Etienne. Terry McLaurin will probably have a deep score at some point and i'm sure the Commanders will rush for another score. In addition to the aforementioned this could develop into a battle of field position, field goals and who has the ball last in the 2nd half.

This could all be moot if Trevor Lawrence just comes out SLINGING IT. Even though he's a 2nd year QB I trust him to "[BLEEP] up less" than Wentz.

I can't wait to see the Jags DLine go against Andrew Norwell, like I really can't wait to see his average/soft play and shortcomings hurt somebody else rather than the Jags for once.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(This post was last modified: 05-24-2022, 08:26 AM by Mikey.)

(05-23-2022, 05:19 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(05-23-2022, 04:17 PM)Mikey Wrote: Narrator voice:

On a brisk fall day, coming off of a decade of excellence, the New York Giants ventured down the I95 corridor onto FedEx Field for an encounter with the 4x Super Bowl Champion Washington Redskins.  As the fans tailgated outside pre-game, little did they know what they had in store for them after the game.  While the traffic between the hashmarks was hard hitting, the traffic post-game was equally as brutal.

...am I the only one who read this in John Facenda's (of NFL films) voice?

(05-23-2022, 08:00 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(05-23-2022, 08:25 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: The jags haven't ever won a game in wasghtion. Jags have only beaten the wasghtion team in nfl football 1 time ot of 7 games,and that game was in jacksonville. Thats why a lot of people are picking commenders between  never winning in wasghtion,and jags stink  the commanders should be picked not to menttion chase young is a best. Trevor will be running for his life entire game all season long. He has no help at WR,and the o-line is still very weak.

That's a pretty stupid reason to pick the Commanders.  Yes, they beat us last time......by a field goal.....back in 2018.  Not only do we have a new coaching staff now, but most of the players as well.  While Cam Robinson and Will Richardson were on the roster that year, they were placed on injured reserve before the Washington game.  The only players active in that game that remain with the Jaguar's are:
  • Tyler Shatley (May or may not start in 2022.)
  • Dawuane Smoot (Rotational defensive lineman who only played 37% of defensive snaps in that 2018 game.)
  • Tre Herndon (Played special teams only in the 2018 game.  He did not take a single defensive snap.)
  • Logan Cooke (Punter)

That's it.  One game where only 4 players in common remain and two exclusively played special teams?  How is that significant?  Prior to that, the next game against Washington was 2014.  Only Tyler Shatley remains from that season's roster and he was inactive for the Washington game.  The net result is that you are using 7 games to show a trend and in 6 of those games, there's not even single player that took a single snap who is still with the current Jaguars.  Do you believe there is a voodoo curse on the Jaguars uniforms that makes them lose to Washington?

You've been here long enough to know facts won't matter with certain posters. Just nod your head dismissively and move on to the next post Wink

(05-24-2022, 08:22 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(05-23-2022, 05:19 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: On a brisk fall day, coming off of a decade of excellence, the New York Giants ventured down the I95 corridor onto FedEx Field for an encounter with the 4x Super Bowl Champion Washington Redskins.  As the fans tailgated outside pre-game, little did they know what they had in store for them after the game.  While the traffic between the hashmarks was hard hitting, the traffic post-game was equally as brutal.

...am I the only one who read this in John Facenda's (of NFL films) voice?

I was thinking Grantland Rice.  

"Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore their names are Famine, Pestilence, Destruction, and Death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden. They formed the crest of the South Bend cyclone before which another fighting Army team was swept over the precipice at the Polo Grounds this afternoon as 55,000 spectators peered down upon the bewildering panorama spread out upon the green plain below."