Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 1 Jags at Commanders...

Hello all! First post here, Jags fan from North Carolina. Became a fan due to Brunell being my favorite QB in the league when he played and loving the colors of our Jags at the time(Was only ten years old so cut me some slack lol). Also a teacher, so hope its ok if I come on here and vent some time haha?

Anyway to the game itself:

I know we were winless in the preseason but it is called the preseason for a reason. More about seeing what's what on offense, defense, etc rather than racking up W's. I liked what I saw from both sides of the ball, though would like a bit more from Special Teams.

Looking forward to seeing Trevor take more big steps this season, and I do think we are in a good position right now as a team. Think will be a close game but as others have said, if we want to take that next step and not be perennial basement dwellers, need to take care of business in these kinds of games.

Will go with a 27-21 Jags win to start the season off right.
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2022, 08:47 AM by Cleatwood.)

Really pumped for this game. I think the Jags Dline matches up really well against their suspect Oline. They're pretty strong up the middle on their defense so hopefully lots of PA and RB screens.

Also excited because I'll be taking my son to his first NFL game. FedEx Field is an absolute dump but hopefully the weather is nice and the Jags get the win.

(08-31-2022, 08:40 AM)Butters Wrote: Hello all! First post here, Jags fan from North Carolina. Became a fan due to Brunell being my favorite QB in the league when he played and loving the colors of our Jags at the time(Was only ten years old so cut me some slack lol). Also a teacher, so hope its ok if I come on here and vent some time haha?

I know we were winless in the preseason but it is called the preseason for a reason. More about seeing what's what on offense, defense, etc rather than racking up W's. I liked what I saw from both sides of the ball, though would like a bit more from Special Teams.

Looking forward to seeing Trevor take more big steps this season, and I do think we are in a good position right now as a team. Think will be a close game but as others have said, if we want to take that next step and not be perennial basement dwellers, need to take care of business in these kinds of games.

Welcome!

(08-31-2022, 08:46 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Really pumped for this game. I think the Jags Dline matches up really well against their suspect Oline. They're pretty strong up the middle on their defense so hopefully lots of PA and RB screens.

Also excited because I'll be taking my son to his first NFL game. FedEx Field is an absolute dump but hopefully the weather is nice and the Jags get the win.

(08-31-2022, 08:40 AM)Butters Wrote: Hello all! First post here, Jags fan from North Carolina. Became a fan due to Brunell being my favorite QB in the league when he played and loving the colors of our Jags at the time(Was only ten years old so cut me some slack lol). Also a teacher, so hope its ok if I come on here and vent some time haha?

Welcome!

Yeah, their DTs is the strength of that defense, 2 Alabama tackles.  Good thing we have Scherff and Fortner not looking like a rookie.  LG is my biggest concern.  If they line Allen up over Bartch we might need to have a RB or TE as a extra blocker.  If Bartch can hold his own it will be a pleasant surprise.

Starting off the season with a win would be huge.

(08-31-2022, 12:49 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Starting off the season with a win would be huge.

Like a few years ago when we went 1-15 (and almost killed our Trevor dreams).

Joking aside, YES .... give us a win. Give us some hope.

As info, Gus Bradley was 2-13 in September.  Totally sucks to be out of any playoff considerations by October.

The depth chart has been updated. 22 on offense (Taylor at RT), 24 on defense, 2 more on special teams (no kicker is listed). So, by my count there are five more positions to fill in the depth charts. Probably another OL as there are only eight named and for sure a K (or two?). Three more after that. Another WR? Some more DB and LB?

https://www.jaguars.com/team/depth-chart

Glad to see Dewey is not starting.

(08-31-2022, 11:14 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote: The depth chart has been updated.  22 on offense (Taylor at RT), 24 on defense, 2 more on special teams (no kicker is listed).  So, by my count there are five more positions to fill in the depth charts.  Probably another OL as there are only eight named and for sure a K (or two?).  Three more after that.  Another WR?  Some more DB and LB?

https://www.jaguars.com/team/depth-chart

They claimed 5 guys off of waivers who are not yet listed on the depth chart.  

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...6page%3D11

Meh, highlight reels. These things could make Jake Luton look like Tom Brady.

(09-01-2022, 06:50 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Meh, highlight reels. These things could make Jake Luton look like Tom Brady.

If you were referring to my post, that wasn't a highlight reel it was every play he touched the ball, Watch it first perhaps.

(09-01-2022, 01:05 PM)Big Dougy P Wrote:
(09-01-2022, 06:50 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Meh, highlight reels. These things could make Jake Luton look like Tom Brady.

If you were referring to my post, that wasn't a highlight reel it was every play he touched the ball, Watch it first perhaps.

But doesn't it 'highlight' his performances?

Everyone in the NFL has highlights.

I'm not convinced the Jags can actually score touchdowns but I'm pretty happy with what the defense has done. I'll pick the Jags to win 13-6 (maybe the D can score a touchdown LOL)
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2022, 03:19 PM by Jag88. Edited 2 times in total.)

I like the number changes. I also like that the nfl allowed the rule change. As for the really new players that just arrived, we will have to see if any of these new players contribute and how much of an impact they might have.

Jaguars - 28
Commanders - 17
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

gabberts highlight reels they had to add in practice tape haha  so i doubt luton has a reel that great bahaha

(09-01-2022, 04:07 PM)icey14 Wrote:

gabberts highlight reels they had to add in practice tape haha  so i doubt luton has a reel that great bahaha

LOL  However, Luton has one good highlight. That bomb he through in the regular season a while back.

(This post was last modified: 09-03-2022, 03:34 AM by Big Dougy P.)

(09-01-2022, 04:20 PM)Jag88 Wrote:
(09-01-2022, 04:07 PM)icey14 Wrote: gabberts highlight reels they had to add in practice tape haha  so i doubt luton has a reel that great bahaha

LOL  However, Luton has one good highlight. That bomb he through in the regular season a while back.

That was his first pass attempt in the NFL, a 73 yard TD to DJ Chark lmao. All downhill from there.

(09-01-2022, 02:11 PM)WhyWouldYouPostThat Wrote:
(09-01-2022, 01:05 PM)Big Dougy P Wrote: If you were referring to my post, that wasn't a highlight reel it was every play he touched the ball, Watch it first perhaps.

But doesn't it 'highlight' his performances?

Yes, but it's not just his highlights but also his lowlights? I guess. lol