Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 1 Jags at Commanders...

(09-01-2022, 02:11 PM)WhyWouldYouPostThat Wrote:
(09-01-2022, 01:05 PM)Big Dougy P Wrote: If you were referring to my post, that wasn't a highlight reel it was every play he touched the ball, Watch it first perhaps.

But doesn't it 'highlight' his performances?

A highlight would be showing only the good stuff. Showing every play includes the bad. At least that's my opinion.
"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Jags gonna murdaaaaah Wentz.
But the offense will have some growing pains.

Jags 23 Washington 18

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2022, 05:43 PM by rpr52121. Edited 1 time in total.)

11-9 Commanders

Hard to call an opener a must win and I won't start now but it certainly would be nice to get the season started off on a nice foot. Let's face it...if they can't beat The Commies, it's gonna be a long season
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(09-03-2022, 06:10 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Hard to call an opener a must win and I won't start now but it certainly would be nice to get the season started off on a nice foot. Let's face it...if they can't beat The Commies, it's gonna be a long season

With their best defensive player out and our coaching staff having a strong and intimate knowledge of what Wentz definitely can't handle, the Jaguars should have the advantage.

If the Jaguars lose a close game because of a bunch of missed field goals or very bad officiating then I could see the team still being fine. If they lose badly and look lost that's another thing. I can't see the team looking lost, so far this year they've looked properly prepared.

The only negative I can see with us is we have so much roster turnover, new scheme, etc. If this matchup was in week 10 I feel as though we would clobber them. As MarleyJag said the first week is always tricky.

(09-03-2022, 06:10 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Hard to call an opener a must win and I won't start now but it certainly would be nice to get the season started off on a nice foot. Let's face it...if they can't beat The Commies, it's gonna be a long season

The Commanders team really isn't that bad. Chase Young being out does help a bit tho. I think this is one of those games that really comes down to the QBs. I like to think Lawrence will out play Carson Wentz but.. any given sunday.

[Image: 305220150_1475419782898896_9146809637096...e=6319DC60]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2022, 10:28 PM by rpr52121. Edited 3 times in total.)

(09-03-2022, 11:19 PM)Big Dougy P Wrote:

The Commanders team really isn't that bad. Chase Young being out does help a bit tho. I think this is one of those games that really comes down to the QBs. I like to think Lawrence will out play Carson Wentz but.. any given sunday.

The issue is that since 2020, I think their RB's, OL, and secondary have all gotten slowly worse. Not dramatically, but enough to where they will need good to very coaching and good to very good QB play to make up for it and contend for a playoffs even in a top/bottom heavy NFC.

I love Rivera from the attitude standpoint and every beyond the X & O's. But he is not that type of play calling/scheming coach, and the Wash Coordinators aren't scary. Sure not bad, but not gonna make an average team worry. In Carolina, he lived off having McDermott as his DC, prime Cam Newton to move the chains, and 2 good offense seasons due mainly to being exceptional turnover margins.

On top of that Wentz's biggest issue is consistency. He can have some amazing highs, but also some poor lows. I would hope the Jags defense tries to force the issue early in the game to try to get into head.

It's definitely a winnable game.

(09-04-2022, 10:10 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(09-03-2022, 11:19 PM)Big Dougy P Wrote: The Commanders team really isn't that bad. Chase Young being out does help a bit tho. I think this is one of those games that really comes down to the QBs. I like to think Lawrence will out play Carson Wentz but.. any given sunday.

The issue is that since 2020, I think their RB's, OL, and secondary have all gotten slowly worse. Not dramatically, but enough to where they will need good to very coaching and good to very good QB play to make up for it and contend for a playoffs even in a top/bottom heavy NFC.

I love Rivera from the attitude standpoint and every beyond the X & O's. But he is not that type of play calling/scheming coach, and the Wash Coordinators aren't scary. Sure not bad, but not gonna make an average team worry. In Carolina, he lived off having McDermott as his DC, prime Cam Newton to move the chains, and 2 good offense seasons due mainly to being exceptional turnover margins.

On top of that Wentz's biggest issue is consistency. He can have some amazing highs, but also some poor lows. I would hope the Jags defense tries to force the issue early in the game to try to get into head.

It's definitely a winnable game.

I think if Wentz struggles even worse than week 18 last year, it would go to show that Pederson knows his flaws and takes full advantage of them imo. Oddly enough, looking back at last year both times we played the colts Wentz stat line was almost exactly the same, and was poor. He otherwise had a pretty good season but against us he had 180 yards both times, and only 1 td 1 int. 

He had 27 td 7 ints the rest of the season tho, a solid stat line.

(09-03-2022, 11:19 PM)Big Dougy P Wrote:

Other than the tinhorns, it's probably the most winnable game in the early part of the schedule. On paper the Jags look like they should win. But I hear what you're saying. There are no gimmies in the NFL.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(09-05-2022, 10:45 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(09-03-2022, 11:19 PM)Big Dougy P Wrote: The Commanders team really isn't that bad. Chase Young being out does help a bit tho. I think this is one of those games that really comes down to the QBs. I like to think Lawrence will out play Carson Wentz but.. any given sunday.

Other than the tinhorns, it's probably the most winnable game in the early part of the schedule. On paper the Jags look like they should win. But I hear what you're saying. There are no gimmies in the NFL.
I agree with you it's a winnable game however I don't think there are any games "on paper" the jags should win. Every team that plays us was better than we were last year. We are the worst team in the league until we prove we are not. Do I hope we win? Yes, do I think we will win? Yes. Do I think we are or even should be the favorites, no.
"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

(09-05-2022, 10:45 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:

I think Wentz is going to make a mistake or two in this one and it'll ultimately result in a ten point difference. I think Pederson will keep it short and simple with Lawrence in the opener. Get some misdirection plays going and take a few limited shots but I expect to see a healthy dose of Etienne early and often on the road. 

This is what I am thinking overall. Walker probably gets a sack in this game and Allen probably forces a tipped pass that turns into an INT. Hopefully it falls right into Cisco's hands. I think Lawrence might have a big run for a TD in this one as well.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1566...tDPJSt6KvQ

Hopefully our oline holds up good against their dline in his first game as a coach

(08-24-2022, 02:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: This is beginning to look like a "stop the run and let Wentz get pressured into mistakes" game plan to me.

Jags added horses to the defense. Time to find out if it was enough. Yeah, they'll "gel" over time, but they look pretty good in preseason. I feel like this will be a good test.

(09-05-2022, 11:34 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(09-05-2022, 10:45 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: Other than the tinhorns, it's probably the most winnable game in the early part of the schedule. On paper the Jags look like they should win. But I hear what you're saying. There are no gimmies in the NFL.

I think Wentz is going to make a mistake or two in this one and it'll ultimately result in a ten point difference. I think Pederson will keep it short and simple with Lawrence in the opener. Get some misdirection plays going and take a few limited shots but I expect to see a healthy dose of Etienne early and often on the road. 

This is what I am thinking overall. Walker probably gets a sack in this game and Allen probably forces a tipped pass that turns into an INT. Hopefully it falls right into Cisco's hands. I think Lawrence might have a big run for a TD in this one as well.

Yep, I'm still on this as well. 

Shore up the run D and make Wentz throw it. Should be able to pressure him. 

Dial up the dink and dunk passes with occasional shots downfield plus a healthy dose of the run game and the Jags might be able to control this one.

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2022, 12:46 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-05-2022, 12:10 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1566...tDPJSt6KvQ

Hopefully our oline holds up good against their dline in his first game as a coach

Great move. Always was a fan of his. Going back to that draft. The year they traded up for Gabbert. I was hoping Kerrigan was actually their target instead. Admittedly didn't know a whole lot about J.J Watt that year. However, had seen a few games of Kerrigan's at Purdue. He reminded me a lot of David Pollack out of Georgia when I was younger. Quality football player that seems to show up more often than not.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

If we lose it’s gonna be a long season lol

(09-05-2022, 03:01 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: If we lose it’s gonna be a long season lol

Positive vibes only

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2022, 03:33 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-05-2022, 03:01 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: If we lose it’s gonna be a long season lol

Depends on the manner in which we lose. If we lose to a game winning field goal? I can live with that. If we lose the game in the first half and we're down by three to four touchdowns? Then, yes, I would agree. It's going to be a long season. Washington may not be the best team. 

However, that doesn't take away the fact that they have managed to win seven games in back-to-back seasons with a relatively solid coaching staff. The biggest problem in Washington is ownership and the circus he's created off the field due to his own toxic and inappropriate behavior. 

There's something else worth noting about this football team as well from last year. When they came back from their bye week? They went on a four game winning streak where they managed to beat Tampa Bay by 10, Carolina by 6, Seattle by 2 & Las Vegas by 2. This was with Taylor Heinicke at QB and really only Terry McLaurin as a receiving threat.

Wouldn't sleep on this football team at all this year. Especially on the road, rebranded with a new identity finally in a season opener.

(09-05-2022, 03:32 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

Depends on the manner in which we lose. If we lose to a game winning field goal? I can live with that. If we lose the game in the first half and we're down by three to four touchdowns? Then, yes, I would agree. It's going to be a long season. Washington may not be the best team. 

However, that doesn't take away the fact that they have managed to win seven games in back-to-back seasons with a relatively solid coaching staff. The biggest problem in Washington is ownership and the circus he's created off the field due to his own toxic and inappropriate behavior. 

There's something else worth noting about this football team as well from last year. When they came back from their bye week? They went on a four game winning streak where they managed to beat Tampa Bay by 10, Carolina by 6, Seattle by 2 & Las Vegas by 2. This was with Taylor Heinicke at QB and really only Terry McLaurin as a receiving threat.

Wouldn't sleep on this football team at all this year. Especially on the road, rebranded with a new identity finally in a season opener.

Yeah,  I hope we win but its not like this team is trash.  They have a damn good dline, a decent oline, a really good WR group with the additon to Dotson now, good RB, and corners.  Its in Washington as well.