Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 1 Jags at Commanders...

(05-24-2022, 08:32 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(05-24-2022, 08:22 AM)Mikey Wrote: ...am I the only one who read this in John Facenda's (of NFL films) voice?

I was thinking Grantland Rice.  

"Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore their names are Famine, Pestilence, Destruction, and Death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden. They formed the crest of the South Bend cyclone before which another fighting Army team was swept over the precipice at the Polo Grounds this afternoon as 55,000 spectators peered down upon the bewildering panorama spread out upon the green plain below."

It is pretty amazing how they compile those NFL Films, even adding the perfect orchestra sounds in the background.  Now the kids only know worthless debating by Steven A Smith, Shannon Sharpe, and Skip Bayless.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-23-2022, 09:08 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(05-23-2022, 05:52 AM)TheLeadCommander Wrote: What up Jag fans...I know you guys can't till the season gets started..It's hard to predict the first month of the season as teams are figuring things out especially teams with new coaching staffs..I look for my commanders on offense to try to establish the run and let Wentz (don't laugh) work off playaction...We having pretty good RB's especially Antonio gibson who is powerful and fast and our starting 3 WR are 4.4 or less guys so they will be tough to handle..What do you guys see happening and how stout is your Dline?

You root for a team run by Daniel Snyder.

The outcome of the game shouldn't matter, you should be quite depressed whether we pants the redacteds or not.

That said, we are young, especially on D. That may be to your team's advantage, as I see our unit strengthening as the season progresses. I'm not scared of Wentz, we handled him pretty well on his last visit to Duval. At least this early in the season he won't have a chance to completely alienate yet another locker room. I give it till November before that happens.

(05-23-2022, 04:08 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I think a lot of jags fans think because Carson Wentz is there, and they assume the Commanders have a worse roster than indy that the jags should win. Of course for me, I see a very talented Washington team that hasn't had any sort of QB talent since god knows when picking up Wentz, who I don't think is a long term answer but he definitely has the talent and skill to play good football will elevate that team quite a bit.. and his WRs in washington trump over anything he had in Philly or Indy. I expect us to get smacked unless all our new pieces magically gel together prior to week 1.

Let me put it this way, if this game was in week 10 or beyond i'd think it would be anyones guess because at that point the jaguars new players should be getting used to their new surroundings and geling. In week 1 I think the Commanders have a huge advantage and a potential blowout on their hands vs us.
Wow...You do have legitimate concerns about week 1 no doubt...

Chase Young to miss the first 4 weeks on the reserve/PUP list.

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2022, 08:07 PM by Kane.)

Week 18 for Wentz all over again.
Bank on it.

it wasn't just the colts playing bad that helped Jags win. The clown out was a huge help, it districtred the colts coahes,and players to the point they ouldn't concerate cause they were to busy laughing at jags fans with the clown out.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

26-26 T

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2022, 08:25 AM by Mikey.)

(08-23-2022, 08:07 PM)Kane Wrote: Week 18 for Wentz all over again.
Bank on it.

...has an active player ever been more smeared by former teams/players than Wentz?

woof.

(08-23-2022, 08:41 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: it wasn't just the colts playing bad that helped Jags win. The clown out was a huge help, it districtred the colts coahes,and players to the point they ouldn't concerate cause they were to busy laughing at jags fans with the clown out.

no,,,

just...no.

(08-23-2022, 08:41 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: it wasn't just the colts playing bad that helped Jags win. The clown out was a huge help, it districtred the colts coahes,and players to the point they ouldn't concerate cause they were to busy laughing at jags fans with the clown out.

The colts didn't let fans dressed like clowns distract them from a "win and you're in" game. We whooped dat [BLEEP]

I actually feel we should win this game.

Hopefully this ain’t the same ole Jags

Jags at the Salamanders? That's out of sight, Jags win BIG 42-10 BOOM! LIKE DY-NO-MITE!!

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Bold prediction: ETN makes a +55 run one play

Re-watched last Colts Hard Knocks episode that featured their loss to Jacksonville.  Frank Reich comes off as a complete buffoon.  Mumbling, “Stick to the plan” during the game; zero emotion.  Thought how did this guy get this job?  Their D-line coach was incredible.  “I expect a fist fight.  A fist fight!” He was right.  As Jonathan Taylor goes, so go the Colts.

This is beginning to look like a "stop the run and let Wentz get pressured into mistakes" game plan to me.

Jags added horses to the defense. Time to find out if it was enough. Yeah, they'll "gel" over time, but they look pretty good in preseason. I feel like this will be a good test.

(08-24-2022, 02:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: This is beginning to look like a "stop the run and let Wentz get pressured into mistakes" game plan to me.

Jags added horses to the defense. Time to find out if it was enough. Yeah, they'll "gel" over time, but they look pretty good in preseason. I feel like this will be a good test.

If we pressure Wentz like we did Trubisky Sat night then there should be plenty of opportunity to take advantage of mistakes.

Going to use him for the playbook

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/stat...GxBDBEkeTg

(08-24-2022, 06:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Going to use him for the playbook

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/stat...GxBDBEkeTg

In b4 "channing stribling to the Jags"

How nice to see another team take one of our cast offs.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-24-2022, 11:27 AM)WhyWouldYouPostThat Wrote: Bold prediction: ETN makes a +55 run one play

Counter Prediction: ETN will average 3 yards per carry with a long run of 12 yards.

I said it about a month ago but our DL vs their OL should be the biggest mismatch. Carson should be running for his life.

(08-25-2022, 11:35 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I said it about a month ago but our DL vs their OL should be the biggest mismatch. Carson should be running for his life.

I feel like our tackles should be able to handle their edge guys as well.  Grady Jackson in the middle is the one we need to worry about