Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 1 Jags at Commanders...

surpissgly as bad as the Jaguars are we are only 3.5 underdogs againest the commanders. until Jags start winning games  they are still the worst team in nfl.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-30-2022, 09:31 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: surpissgly as bad as the Jaguars are we are only 3.5 underdogs againest the commanders. until Jags start winning games  they are still the worst team in nfl.

which is about as close to a pick em spread as you'll get for a road game.

Usually home field is worth a field goal to the oddsmakers. I still wouldn't put money on this game either way. No idea what to expect from either team yet.

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2022, 10:15 AM by Jag88.)

My favorite redskins teams were the ones with those killer wide outs. Sanders, Clark, and monk.

(08-30-2022, 10:06 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(08-30-2022, 09:31 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: surpissgly as bad as the Jaguars are we are only 3.5 underdogs againest the commanders. until Jags start winning games  they are still the worst team in nfl.

which is about as close to a pick em spread as you'll get for a road game.

Usually home field is worth a field goal to the oddsmakers. I still wouldn't put money on this game either way. No idea what to expect from either team yet.

No kidding.  I recall everyone thought the Texans were tanking last season and then came out and destroyed the Jags under the leadership of Tyrod Taylor, who looked like Steve McNair vs the Jags in that game.

Sad  (This post was last modified: 08-30-2022, 11:06 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-30-2022, 10:23 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(08-30-2022, 10:06 AM)Mikey Wrote: which is about as close to a pick em spread as you'll get for a road game.

No kidding.  I recall everyone thought the Texans were tanking last season and then came out and destroyed the Jags under the leadership of Tyrod Taylor, who looked like Steve McNair vs the Jags in that game.

You had to go there.... Sad
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2022, 11:11 AM by NewJagsCity.)

(08-30-2022, 10:15 AM)Jag88 Wrote: My favorite redskins teams were the ones with those killer wide outs. Sanders, Clark, and monk.

Those guys made even Jay Schroeder look good.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(08-30-2022, 11:11 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(08-30-2022, 10:15 AM)Jag88 Wrote: My favorite redskins teams were the ones with those killer wide outs. Sanders, Clark, and monk.

Those guys made even Jay Schroeder look good.

#TeamDougWilliams

(08-29-2022, 07:52 AM)Holger Wrote: This game might be the most winnable in the first four games, which is a tough quarter with 3 road games overall. Better start fast

Great to build momentum too, as long as it's not a repeat of 2020.

(08-30-2022, 02:48 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(08-30-2022, 11:11 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Those guys made even Jay Schroeder look good.

#TeamDougWilliams

Yes absolutely.

The Washington game is a win if Trevor shows up imo. I know it's just preseason but I feel our starting lineup on defense is immensely better than the year prior. If Trevor can go for 2-3 tds, no turnovers I think we win this game.

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2022, 11:17 PM by JaguarJosh2. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-23-2022, 05:52 AM)TheLeadCommander Wrote: What up Jag fans...I know you guys can't till the season gets started..It's hard to predict the first month of the season as teams are figuring things out especially teams with new coaching staffs..I look for my commanders on offense to try to establish the run and let Wentz (don't laugh) work off playaction...We having pretty good RB's especially Antonio gibson who is powerful and fast and our starting 3 WR are 4.4 or less guys so they will be tough to handle..What do you guys see happening and how stout is your Dline?

I can see us getting torched.  I could see us losing a really close one as well #becausejaguars.  

The offense needs to be a lot better this year and I'm just not seeing it.

Our only hope is the revamped 3-4 defense getting pressure and really making life difficult for Wentz, and ultimately him handing us the game.

(08-30-2022, 11:17 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote:
(05-23-2022, 05:52 AM)TheLeadCommander Wrote: What up Jag fans...I know you guys can't till the season gets started..It's hard to predict the first month of the season as teams are figuring things out especially teams with new coaching staffs..I look for my commanders on offense to try to establish the run and let Wentz (don't laugh) work off playaction...We having pretty good RB's especially Antonio gibson who is powerful and fast and our starting 3 WR are 4.4 or less guys so they will be tough to handle..What do you guys see happening and how stout is your Dline?

I can see us getting torched.  I could see us losing a really close one as well #becausejaguars.  

Our only hope is the revamped 3-4 defense getting pressure and really making life difficult for Wentz, and ultimately him handing us the game.

You don’t like what you’ve seen from Lawrence this preseason? I thought he looked much improved over last year.

Battle of the bums! So hard to predict if this team has dramatically improved or not. We will find out soon enough.

This team needs to beat a team like this if we want to see progress... whether or not they do, is another story but ill drink the kool-aid and stay optimistic to start.

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2022, 03:30 AM by JaguarJosh2. Edited 2 times in total.)

(08-30-2022, 11:19 PM)DeathByJags Wrote:
(08-30-2022, 11:17 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: I can see us getting torched.  I could see us losing a really close one as well #becausejaguars.  

Our only hope is the revamped 3-4 defense getting pressure and really making life difficult for Wentz,  and ultimately him handing us the game.

You don’t like what you’ve seen from Lawrence this preseason? I thought he looked much improved over last year.

I see potential, but we already know there is potential there.  I want to see urgency and a balanced rushing attack.  Have seen some bad throws this preseason.  Red zone has me worried.  We won't win with a shaky kicking game.  This is a game where even if we're still bad we should still have a shot to win.  But, we also tend to play down to the opponent and get run out of town.  Hopefully Pederson can give us a reason to believe. I just hope we don't beat ourselves. Don't make the game more difficult than it is. Fully prepared for the Jags to look like a train wreck so we can be removed from any talk of resurgence. Then we spank the Colts at home.

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2022, 07:57 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Put 175$ on the Jags in a straight bet and have them in a 3 game parlay for 300$

With Yong out. WR is the only position I think they have the edge on us if you count Allen and Walker as dline

Really want to see Campbell on Terry and Griffin on Dotson.

(08-30-2022, 09:41 PM)Big Dougy P Wrote: The Washington game is a win if Trevor shows up imo. I know it's just preseason but I feel our starting lineup on defense is immensely better than the year prior. If Trevor can go for 2-3 tds, no turnovers I think we win this game.

If Lawrence throws 3 tds and we have no turnovers, we'll win 40-10.

(08-31-2022, 08:20 AM)scottyg Wrote:
(08-30-2022, 09:41 PM)Big Dougy P Wrote: The Washington game is a win if Trevor shows up imo. I know it's just preseason but I feel our starting lineup on defense is immensely better than the year prior. If Trevor can go for 2-3 tds, no turnovers I think we win this game.

If Lawrence throws 3 tds and we have no turnovers, we'll win 40-10.

I say Trevor throws for 2 and Etienne and JRob have 1 each

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2022, 08:38 AM by scottyg.)

(08-31-2022, 03:28 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote:
(08-30-2022, 11:19 PM)DeathByJags Wrote: You don’t like what you’ve seen from Lawrence this preseason? I thought he looked much improved over last year.

I see potential, but we already know there is potential there.  I want to see urgency and a balanced rushing attack.  Have seen some bad throws this preseason.  Red zone has me worried.  We won't win with a shaky kicking game.  This is a game where even if we're still bad we should still have a shot to win.  But, we also tend to play down to the opponent and get run out of town.  Hopefully Pederson can give us a reason to believe.  I just hope we don't beat ourselves.  Don't make the game more difficult than it is.  Fully prepared for the Jags to look like a train wreck so we can be removed from any talk of resurgence.  Then we spank the Colts at home.

Look at the bright side.  Trevor is only 22 years old, and even the best QBs make bad throws on occasion.  Sure, he was off target a few times, but it just occurred to me that I don't remember him making any stupid throws.  At 22 years old, most QBs are still making the occasional head-scratching-what-the-hell-was-he-thinking-on-that-play kind of throw.  Hopefully he keeps it up and improves his accuracy - I believe he rushes a throw occasionally and doesn't set his feet, resulting in an overthrow.  That's very fixable.
Another positive for the starting offense - not one punt in the preseason.  Definitely they need to get better in the red zone, but that is the hardest part of the field to move the ball effectively and is typically the last part of an offense to come together.  Hopefully it does in fact come together.
And the first team defense looked really good most of the time they were out there.

I get it though.  As much as I like to consider the positives, I can't really get excited for the team until I see it on the field either.

(08-31-2022, 08:33 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(08-31-2022, 08:20 AM)scottyg Wrote: If Lawrence throws 3 tds and we have no turnovers, we'll win 40-10.

I say Trevor throws for 2 and Etienne and JRob have 1 each

4 TDs by the offense?  That would put Jaguarmeister in play too. lol