Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hutch vs Walker (merged)

(04-26-2022, 07:15 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: From what uve seen online

Apprently it goes like this

Khan wants hutch

Baalke wants walker

And Doug wants Ikenwou

LOL,  Personally I believe all 3 are working together to shake up everything and everyone. (and they are doing a pretty good job of it)
A new broom always sweeps clean.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2022, 04:59 AM by rpr52121.)

So it's been bugging me who is the 4th guy?

In the press conference, Baalke made it a point that they narrowed it to 4 guys. But only 3 were named in the leak.

Maybe that is really the guy they actually want, but they are trying to drum up trade interest? That just seems to calculated and methodical for this group.

But I just don't understand knows that much detail (in that main decision room with Coach/GM/Owner), is willing to leak it, and really gains anything from it leak it the way they did. And then for Baalke to specifically say 4 guys. It is just so odd.

(04-27-2022, 04:59 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: So it's been bugging me who is the 4th guy?

In the press conference, Baalke made it a point that they narrowed it to 4 guys. But only 3 were named in the leak.

Maybe that is really the guy they actually want, but they are trying to drum up trade interest? That just seems to calculated and methodical for this group.

But I just don't understand knows that much detail (in that main decision room with Coach/GM/Owner), is willing to leak it, and really gains anything from it leak it the way they did. And then for Baalke to specifically say 4 guys. It is just so odd.

I'm praying it's either "Sauce" Gardner or Jameson Williams. They belong in the discussion.

(04-27-2022, 10:14 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-27-2022, 04:59 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: So it's been bugging me who is the 4th guy?

I'm praying it's either "Sauce" Gardner or Jameson Williams. They belong in the discussion.
It wouldn't totally shock me if they ended up taking Sauce. He is quite possibly going to end up being the best player from this draft class. In today's NFL, you really can't have too many great cover guys. Cornerback is definitely not among the team's top 3 needs, but sometimes you just have to simply take the BAP. On the other hand, there's no way I could take Williams at 1 even though he is likely going to be the best receiver from this draft. Let's just say that Gardner has a better chance of becoming a Jalen Ramsay (without the character issues) than Williams does of becoming Jamar Chase.

Walker is a polarizing option for many on this board.  But one of the analysts on NLF Network last night said his comp was Calais Campbell.  He granted that Walker would need to beef up a little but said he could win on the outside or the inside.  If Hutch's comp is Jared Allen and Walker's is Calais (best case scenarios), how can we complain?  Smell the hopium, boys.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(04-27-2022, 05:26 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Walker is a polarizing option for many on this board.  But one of the analysts on NLF Network last night said his comp was Calais Campbell.  He granted that Walker would need to beef up a little but said he could win on the outside or the inside.  If Hutch's comp is Jared Allen and Walker's is Calais (best case scenarios), how can we complain?  Smell the hopium, boys.

But that is his ceiling, and it is only appropriate to give percentage expectations of reaching those ceilings. If anything Hutch's likelihood of reaching his ceiling, is higher than Walker's.

(04-27-2022, 05:26 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Walker is a polarizing option for many on this board.  But one of the analysts on NLF Network last night said his comp was Calais Campbell.  He granted that Walker would need to beef up a little but said he could win on the outside or the inside.  If Hutch's comp is Jared Allen and Walker's is Calais (best case scenarios), how can we complain?  Smell the hopium, boys.

For me it's the floors. Walker has strikeout potential, while Hutch is at minimum a double.

(04-27-2022, 08:12 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: For me it's the floors. Walker has strikeout potential, while Hutch is at minimum a double.

I actually think people are actually overestimating Hutch's floor. I don't think he has major bust potential, but I think he does have plenty of potential to be less than a guaranteed double.

He is a really weird package. There is basically no one as tall as him with short arms. He could very easily lose both the punch battle and the leverage battle in the NFL. He doesn't win with burst or bend around the outside, but his winning moves (inside counter and bull rush) are both predicated on OTs respecting his outside rush.

There is definitely a chance that he is too slow around the edge for his counter and bull rush to work and then he is just an elite motor tall guy who can't win the hands battle. Might not be a huge chance of that happening, but it's definitely possible.

I like Walker’s highlights more than Hutchinson’s. That said I just don’t participate in the hand wringing come draft day if the guys I prefer are passed over when we’re on the clock. So I’ll take it for what it is until we see our new guys on the field next season.

For what it's worth, from John Shipley:

Quote:[b]Q: How does Walker’s versatility (in regards to positioning and defensive schemes) match up and compare with the likes of Hutchinson?[/b]

A: Here is how I see it, and how I know some within scouting circles see it like this as well. 
Aidan Hutchinson is a really talented pass-rushing prospect who thrived in a 3-4 outside linebacker role with Michigan in 2021. But before then, he was a 4-3 defensive end and showed flashed as a hands-in-the-dirt player. In my opinion, Hutchinson's lack of length and fluidity in space makes him much more of a fit as a 4-3 defensive end at the next level, especially at his size. He can be a wrecking ball firing off the snap every play, but I am not sure how much you want him standing up and playing in space at the next level. Hutchinson has limited scheme fits, but he is a heck of a prospect for the schemes he does fit in. 

Walker, though, can fit in a variety of roles. He makes sense as a 4-3 defensive end but also has the athletic ability and movement skills to stand-up in a 3-4 defense. While some think he is more of a five-technique, Walker frequently stood up for Georgia and showed a lot of comfort in zone drops and looping inside from a two-point stance. Add in the fact he can rush from the inside more effectively than Hutchinson and I think it makes sense to think Walker has more fits, even if Hutchinson's best fit is better today than what Walker brings.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(04-27-2022, 05:58 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:

But that is his ceiling, and it is only appropriate to give percentage expectations of reaching those ceilings. If anything Hutch's likelihood of reaching his ceiling, is higher than Walker's.

???  can't fathom how anyone would know that. Can you do the same thing in the stock market? we need to talk.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2022, 04:50 PM by rpr52121. Edited 2 times in total.)

(05-12-2022, 11:32 AM)Jag149 Wrote:
(04-27-2022, 05:58 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: But that is his ceiling, and it is only appropriate to give percentage expectations of reaching those ceilings. If anything Hutch's likelihood of reaching his ceiling, is higher than Walker's.

???  can't fathom how anyone would know that. Can you do the same thing in the stock market? we need to talk.

I wasn't saying 100%. I was simply estimating is that it appeared higher because Hutch has shown some pass rushing production and pass rushing technique that Walker has not. So, the climb for Walker to reach his ceiling will take more steps, and every step adds more chance of not reaching the peak.

I was also basing this on how consensus draftniks and anonymous NFL FO's appeared to be reporting. True they are not always accurate, but they all have higher hit rates than I do which is why they get paid for their analysis.

Also that is all 2 weeks old. Now it is all about Team Walker.

[Image: walker.jpg]

We are all Walker fans now!

Yea, I may have hated the pick but I'm all on board with him doing his best to disrupt the passer. I don't want some all around player - just put him in position and let him charge.

When Travon Walkers name came up during the predraft process it made me worried, I hadn't heard much of him, was hearing all this and that about Hutch/Thib and his stats looked worrying without knowing anything else.

Now I see him as a 6'5 freak with 4.5 speed who looks the part. I feel confident he will be the right choice, after actually looking further into their play I'm confident Walker will be better than Hutchinson.

One of these built like a WR, and it's not our guy.
[Image: 46b287b248eba38ddb1c2a7ab82b8e08.png][Image: 01f5e99316ce75589842ee684b57d1ec.png]

was that photoshopped ?

Lol

Hutch is 2 inches taller and 12 pounds lighter. It looks like a lot bigger difference though.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Hopefully he has the teal socks to complete the look!
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.