Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
New HC and QB Duo rating.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ranki...ck-top-10/

As per this rating Pederson and Lawrence ranks seventh among seventeen NFL teams.

Third time is the charm.

NH3...
"AZANE"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

7th out of a filed of 17 isn't great, but much of this ranking is sketchy to me anyway.

Nobody really knows if Matt Ryan and Frank Reich are going to be a more successful pairing than Lawrence and Pederson.
This writer (and others) are just guessing like we do about so many things this time of year.

I'd probably be slightly miffed at being that low on the list if I didn't feel it was largely just a list of QB confidence ratings - with a dash of coaching experience consideration tossed in. The bottom 7 duos listed are just 6 QBs that have performed poorly and one guy that hasn't played a full season yet. The coach is barely factored into the equation.

It's understandable for anyone who hasn't done a deep dive on Trevor's rookie year to have some lack of confidence in his progress and possible success under a competent staff.
I think he'll do great with Pederson. I just have concern about the protection and pass catchers. That will determine the duo's degree of success this year IMO. The QB and HC are good to go.

(05-26-2022, 03:18 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: 7th out of a filed of 17 isn't great, but much of this ranking is sketchy to me anyway.

Nobody really knows if Matt Ryan and Frank Reich are going to be a more successful pairing than Lawrence and Pederson.
This writer (and others) are just guessing like we do about so many things this time of year.

I'd probably be slightly miffed at being that low on the list if I didn't feel it was largely just a list of QB confidence ratings - with a dash of coaching experience consideration tossed in. The bottom 7 duos listed are just 6 QBs that have performed poorly and one guy that hasn't played a full season yet. The coach is barely factored into the equation.

It's understandable for anyone who hasn't done a deep dive on Trevor's rookie year to have some lack of confidence in his progress and possible success under a competent staff.
I think he'll do great with Pederson. I just have concern about the protection and pass catchers. That will determine the duo's degree of success this year IMO. The QB and HC are good to go.

The scribes really struggle for what to write about this time of year.  I believe his next piece will compare the price of beer related to attendance figures modified by team's number of years in the league
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(05-26-2022, 03:18 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: 7th out of a filed of 17 isn't great, but much of this ranking is sketchy to me anyway.

You're right and wrong. But Reich has been mostly succesful thus far, and Matt Ryan is a former MVP QB.

Comparing that, to Doug Pederson and a guy who just had one of the worst seasons as a passer last year isn't even fair and as of right now they shouldn't be anywhere but 30-32

(05-27-2022, 06:08 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:

You're right and wrong. But Reich has been mostly succesful thus far, and Matt Ryan is a former MVP QB.

Comparing that, to Doug Pederson and a guy who just had one of the worst seasons as a passer last year isn't even fair and as of right now they shouldn't be anywhere but 30-32

There aren't 32 new QB/HC or OC combos.  There are only 17.

(05-27-2022, 06:08 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:

I couldn't Disagree w/this enough for justification. Pederson is an playoff and a Superbowl winner as a HC. TL16 Did Not have that bad of a rookie season. Alot of his 2021 playing deficiencies is attributed to the play of the past receiving corp. Both Pederson and TL16 is exactly what our team needs at the positions. Success will come and it'll come soon.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2022, 03:38 AM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(05-27-2022, 07:54 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(05-27-2022, 06:08 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: You're right and wrong. But Reich has been mostly succesful thus far, and Matt Ryan is a former MVP QB.

There aren't 32 new QB/HC or OC combos.  There are only 17.

My apologies, I missed the part where it said "new" duos. But I think you got my point anyway.

(05-27-2022, 08:29 AM)NH3 Wrote:
(05-27-2022, 06:08 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: You're right and wrong. But Reich has been mostly succesful thus far, and Matt Ryan is a former MVP QB.

I couldn't Disagree w/this enough for justification. Pederson is an playoff and a Superbowl winner as a HC. TL16 Did Not have that bad of a rookie season. Alot of his 2021 playing deficiencies is attributed to the play of the past receiving corp. Both Pederson and TL16 is exactly what our team needs at the positions. Success will come and it'll come soon.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Doug Pederson is a great coach, but how can you rank them as a top duo when the QB has only played one season, and it wasn't a good one. And on top of that, we have no idea how well they will work together?

(05-28-2022, 03:37 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(05-27-2022, 07:54 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: There aren't 32 new QB/HC or OC combos.  There are only 17.

My apologies, I missed the part where it said "new" duos. But I think you got my point anyway.

(05-27-2022, 08:29 AM)NH3 Wrote: I couldn't Disagree w/this enough for justification. Pederson is an playoff and a Superbowl winner as a HC. TL16 Did Not have that bad of a rookie season. Alot of his 2021 playing deficiencies is attributed to the play of the past receiving corp. Both Pederson and TL16 is exactly what our team needs at the positions. Success will come and it'll come soon.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Doug Pederson is a great coach, but how can you rank them as a top duo when the QB has only played one season, and it wasn't a good one. And on top of that, we have no idea how well they will work together?

Because people who understand football don't think TLaw is bad like people who don't understand football do.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-27-2022, 07:54 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: There aren't 32 new QB/HC or OC combos.  There are only 17.

(05-27-2022, 08:29 AM)NH3 Wrote: I couldn't Disagree w/this enough for justification. Pederson is an playoff and a Superbowl winner as a HC. TL16 Did Not have that bad of a rookie season. Alot of his 2021 playing deficiencies is attributed to the play of the past receiving corp. Both Pederson and TL16 is exactly what our team needs at the positions. Success will come and it'll come soon.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Since, again, this is a listing of NEW coach/QB combos, how can we know how any of them will work together?

(05-28-2022, 08:43 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(05-28-2022, 03:37 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: My apologies, I missed the part where it said "new" duos. But I think you got my point anyway.

Since, again, this is a listing of NEW coach/QB combos, how can we know how any of them will work together?

Lawrence, that's how. The whole of his position since last August.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

So far so good and no tension like last year! Hope they can move on forward.
Ready for April Showers, Easter, Spring Fever!

(05-28-2022, 07:04 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-28-2022, 03:37 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: My apologies, I missed the part where it said "new" duos. But I think you got my point anyway.

Because people who understand football don't think TLaw is bad like people who don't understand football do.
Trevor Lawrence since entering the NFL has had one good game, and that "good game" was an average game for a good player. Also saying a guy played poorly, and that's putting it light isn't the same thing as flat out saying he's bad and can't ever be good. But he hasn't been good yet. 

(05-28-2022, 08:43 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

So if Aaron Rodgers got traded to the Pats, and Blake Bortles got signed by the Steelers.. Would you put Bortles + Tomlin in the same general area on this list?

The answer is no. btw.

(05-29-2022, 01:46 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(05-28-2022, 07:04 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Because people who understand football don't think TLaw is bad like people who don't understand football do.
Trevor Lawrence since entering the NFL has had one good game, and that "good game" was an average game for a good player. Also saying a guy played poorly, and that's putting it light isn't the same thing as flat out saying he's bad and can't ever be good. But he hasn't been good yet. 

(05-28-2022, 08:43 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Since, again, this is a listing of NEW coach/QB combos, how can we know how any of them will work together?

So if Aaron Rodgers got traded to the Pats, and Blake Bortles got signed by the Steelers.. Would you put Bortles + Tomlin in the same general area on this list?

The answer is no. btw.

When a whole team plays [BLEEP] everyone is [BLEEP] u do realise that,

Same goes for [BLEEP] coaching

(05-28-2022, 07:04 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Because people who understand football don't think TLaw is bad like people who don't understand football do.

(05-28-2022, 08:43 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Since, again, this is a listing of NEW coach/QB combos, how can we know how any of them will work together?

The answer is no. btw.

Your opinions are just terrible.

(05-29-2022, 09:20 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-29-2022, 01:46 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Trevor Lawrence since entering the NFL has had one good game, and that "good game" was an average game for a good player. Also saying a guy played poorly, and that's putting it light isn't the same thing as flat out saying he's bad and can't ever be good. But he hasn't been good yet. 

The answer is no. btw.

Your opinions are just terrible.

Not surprised that you dislike truth.

(05-29-2022, 07:52 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(05-29-2022, 09:20 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Your opinions are just terrible.

I love it when I see it, but what you write doesn't qualify. Try harder.

(This post was last modified: 05-30-2022, 05:46 AM by NH3. Edited 1 time in total.)

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

First off, Pederson and TL16 isn't ranked as the top duo within this scenario. They're ranked within the top seven within this scenario. Secondly, to imply that TL16 didn't have a good rookie season is bogus. His only knock was enhanced by incorrect route running and dropped balls by his WRs. Yes, he had more INT vs TD but it wasn't all his doing. Lastly, if you know that Pederson "is a great coach" then you also should know that he'll bring out the best in his team of which reflects this ranking.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(05-29-2022, 02:26 AM)StrayaJag Wrote:
(05-29-2022, 01:46 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Trevor Lawrence since entering the NFL has had one good game, and that "good game" was an average game for a good player. Also saying a guy played poorly, and that's putting it light isn't the same thing as flat out saying he's bad and can't ever be good. But he hasn't been good yet. 

The answer is no. btw.

When a whole team plays [BLEEP] everyone is [BLEEP] u do realise that,

Same goes for [BLEEP] coaching

Saints went 7-9 in 
2014 - Drew Brees: 33 TD 5 INT
2015 - Drew Brees: 32 TD 11 INT
2016 - Drew Brees: 37 TD 15 INT

The years before and after, the team was a 10+ win team practically every year. So i'm curious, when those Saints teams weren't winning.. Did Drew Brees standout as still a very elite QB.. or did he.. you know, 12-17?

There is still part of me that’s nervous to see what is going to happen this year with Trevor Lawrence’s development. I do believe he’ll be fine, but obviously we have so much riding on it.

(This post was last modified: 05-31-2022, 09:21 AM by Mikey.)

The answer is no. btw.

Go back and check A.A. Ron's rookie stats. They were horrendous. 56% completions, 6% interception rate. nearly 19% sack rate.
Based on where Bort landed, yeah, I'd rank them pretty high. The rest of that team was very good, and one should expect them to continue to play well. Doesn't help the argument that Bort's best year was his second.

(05-29-2022, 07:52 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(05-29-2022, 09:20 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Your opinions are just terrible.

even your opinions about what an opinion is ends up terrible.