Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Worst Movie(s) You've Ever Seen

(05-29-2022, 10:32 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(05-28-2022, 08:47 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Bad movie true but damn. Bo Derek was smoking hot.

I like movies in general so I rarely run across one I don't like but I do detest 'The Waterboy". Adam Sandler is an untalented schmuck in my opinion. He was ok in "The Longest Yard" though.

I couldn’t think of a movie in particular until you mentioned The Longest Yard remake. What an absolute travesty to the original. Most remakes are terrible and this one stands out as one of the worst.

No doubt. It is hard to believe it was actually one of his better ones, lol. I think my favorite football movie is North Dallas Forty.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Every now and then you “old timers” reference some hottie before my time and a movie or video she was in. I knew who Bo Derek was. But after googling her and the movie….idk… looks pretty good. Unfortunately, my sound bar is working. I’ll just have to turn it off.

At the opposite end of the spectrum, I just watched Top Gun:Maverick, and it was a really great movie. I very highly recommend it.

(05-29-2022, 06:31 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: At the opposite end of the spectrum, I just watched Top Gun:Maverick, and it was a really great movie.  I very highly recommend it.

Lots of naked bewbs in it like the one I’m currently watching?

The only thing I remember about deep impact is how horrible of an actress Téa Leoni is.

(This post was last modified: 05-29-2022, 06:56 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-29-2022, 06:45 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: The only thing I remember about deep impact is how horrible of an actress Téa Leoni is.

I’m watching this Softcore Tarzan pron, that Rico and Marley suggested,  but this movie sounds even better!  I’ll have to add it to my watchlist.

(This post was last modified: 05-29-2022, 07:06 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 2 times in total.)

It’s Pat the movie about the SNL character played by Julia Sweeney is pretty high on my list of worst movies of all time. I don’t remember laughing one time. I rented it from blockbuster back when it came out close to 30 years ago and I remember thinking at the time it was the worst movie I’d ever seen. Not sure that anything ever topped it but I’m sure something else did at some point. I probably don’t watch movies as frequently as I’d like to.

The Last Jedi was one of the worst I’ve ever seen on multiple levels. I caught myself sighing a lot at how bad the writing was during my one and only viewing of that movie in the theater. Considering expectations for this movie going in and how far the movie missed the mark it probably is my top worst movie of all time now, but I didn’t care for any of the sequel trilogy characters or writing.

I’m doubling down on “Buried”. But that’s just me.

(This post was last modified: 05-29-2022, 11:55 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-29-2022, 06:59 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: It’s Pat the movie about the SNL character played by Julia Sweeney is pretty high on my list of worst movies of all time.  I don’t remember laughing one time.  I rented it from blockbuster back when it came out close to 30 years ago and I remember thinking at the time it was the worst movie I’d ever seen.  Not sure that anything ever topped it but I’m sure something else did at some point. I probably don’t watch movies as frequently as I’d like to. 

The Last Jedi was one of the worst I’ve ever seen on multiple levels.  I caught myself sighing a lot at how bad the writing was during my one and only viewing of that movie in the theater.  Considering expectations for this movie going in and how far the movie missed the mark it probably is my top worst movie of all time now, but I didn’t care for any of the sequel trilogy characters or writing.

The Last Jedi was bad for a Star Wars movie.  But it was still watchable. And anyhow The Rise of Skywalker was much worse.

When I was in college a guy rented out the meeting center of the dorms and invited everyone to watch Last House on the Left with him. I don't know what was creepier, the movie, or that a college guy wanted a bunch of other college guys to watch it with him.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 05-30-2022, 01:31 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

(05-29-2022, 01:34 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(05-28-2022, 11:53 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: I may get some flak from this, but 'Armageddon'. It directly ripped off the premise of Deep Impact, wasted a decent cast with predicible, ham-handed writing/production/direction, and managed to sink lower than the typical Jerry Bruckhiemer/Micheal Bay fare of the day. Oh, and there was that insufferable song by Aerosmith.

However, my #1 worst is 'I spit on your grave'. You'd think the title says all you need to know about the vileness of this film, and you'd be wrong.

Your crazy I love Armageddon the only thing deep impact shares with it is a comet coming

You must be kidding.  They have much more in common than the asteroid.  Both movies have drilling into and planting nuclear charges into the asteroid. One or more people die when the asteroid is finally disintegrated,  There are reports/articles on the internet reporting that the Deep Impact script was plagerized by the Armaggedon script writers.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(05-29-2022, 08:23 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Battlefield Earth with John Travolta.

I thought of this one today. What a terrible movie!

Great call.  This is almost you win, close the thread worthy.
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

(05-30-2022, 01:30 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(05-29-2022, 01:34 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Your crazy I love Armageddon the only thing deep impact shares with it is a comet coming

You must be kidding.  They have much more in common than the asteroid.  Both movies have drilling into and planting nuclear charges into the asteroid. One or more people die when the asteroid is finally disintegrated,  There are reports/articles on the internet reporting that the Deep Impact script was plagerized by the Armaggedon script writers.

Man I just don't remember deep impact that well then. I remember it being a love story of some tweens more then anything. It wasn't bad I just preferred armaggedon cause Bruce baby! 

Also there was a lot of similar movies in the 90s remember the fugitive and us marshals!
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(05-30-2022, 03:44 AM)captivating Wrote:

As cheesey as the movie is, the book is somehow even worse. I plowed through nearly 2/3rds of it before giving up. Yeesh.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(05-30-2022, 03:44 AM)captivating Wrote:

Forget about that one, what a stinker.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

L. Ron Hubbard had a singular talent among the sci fi writers of his time. He could crank out 50 pages before other writers were done getting their paper and pencil. He was selling his stuff to the magazines, but no one was recognizing it as any good. Then he stumbled upon the idea of inventing a religion. They would listen to his ideas if he made them a religion. If he made them a religion, no one would question them.

(05-30-2022, 04:21 PM)mikesez Wrote: L. Ron Hubbard had a singular talent among the sci fi writers of his time.  He could crank out 50 pages before other writers were done getting their paper and pencil.  He was selling his stuff to the magazines, but no one was recognizing it as any good.  Then he stumbled upon the idea of inventing a religion.  They would listen to his ideas if he made them a religion.  If he made them a religion, no one would question them.

I can’t follow a religion where my parent or grandparent can say “yeah, that didn’t happen”.

(This post was last modified: 05-30-2022, 07:14 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-30-2022, 04:21 PM)mikesez Wrote: If he made them a religion, no one would question them.

Your tongue must be firmly in cheek here. There's plenty to question about all religions, but probably none more so than Scientology.

(05-30-2022, 04:21 PM)mikesez Wrote: L. Ron Hubbard had a singular talent among the sci fi writers of his time.  He could crank out 50 pages before other writers were done getting their paper and pencil.  He was selling his stuff to the magazines, but no one was recognizing it as any good.  Then he stumbled upon the idea of inventing a religion.  They would listen to his ideas if he made them a religion.  If he made them a religion, no one would question them.

Leah Remini has been questioning them for years since she left. She has a television show about it. I don't watch it because I don't care, I just see it listed on Netflix from time to time.

(This post was last modified: 05-30-2022, 10:02 PM by mikesez. Edited 2 times in total.)

(05-30-2022, 07:13 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(05-30-2022, 04:21 PM)mikesez Wrote: If he made them a religion, no one would question them.

Your tongue must be firmly in cheek here. There's plenty to question about all religions, but probably none more so than Scientology.

Actually what I meant to say was, if it's a religion, SOME people will never question any of it. SOME people will say it's a masterpiece instead of pulp. You probably already know that South Park did a couple of episodes on the religious doctrine itself, but I was much more fascinated by this podcast I listened to a couple years ago that documented how he became a total pariah and lived most of the rest of his life floating in international waters after he founded that the religion. Which, fine for him, he chose that, but I felt really bad for his followers.