Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's husband Paul arrested in California, charged with DUI

(11-01-2022, 09:42 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Well, I want you out here acknowledging they are liars and manipulators. Not just hypocrites. We're all hypocrites.

That is not to say Republicans don't lie or they don't manipulate. I know they do. I just can't think of anything near that scale. I would have nothing to do with any Republican funding progressive candidates.

They are liars and manipulators just like most people.
Most people do all three of those things.
I hear you.  I also wouldn't want anything to do with a Republican who funded progressive candidates.
I don't think there's any such Republican on my ballot, so that's good.
But I also doubt that Charlie Crist or Val Demings had anything to do with this "fund the election deniers" scheme that a lot of Democrat fundraisers got involved in.  Maybe I'm wrong about that.  
Meanwhile I know Ron DeSantis campaigned for Kari Lake. I know Marco Rubio had an opportunity to make sure that Donald Trump was held responsible for Jan 6 and didn't take it. I'm not saying what they did is any more or less excusable.  
When I say, "election denial is an existential threat to our ability to vote in future elections," I'm not saying that to advocate for you to vote for Democrats or against Republicans.  Both parties would literally sell secrets to China if they thought it would help them and they would get away with it.  Instead, I'm saying that to get you to accept the results of future elections, barring overwhelming evidence of fraud.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Why would Rubio hold Trump accountable for something that was Nancy Pelosi's fault? And why would you as a "Republican" blame him for that?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-02-2022, 05:36 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Why would Rubio hold Trump accountable for something that was Nancy Pelosi's fault? And why would you as a "Republican" blame him for that?

Nancy didn't deny the results of the election.  Trump did.
Nancy didn't invite a huge and agitated crowd to attend a joint session of Congress. Trump did.
Any Republican who cares about the country more than they care about their party knows this.  10 Republicans in the House and 1 in the Senate passed this test.  So I guess it was a hard test, but not impossible.

Well, hmmm, this is interesting. 

NBC silent after retracting Paul Pelosi report under mysterious circumstances | Fox News

..."Sources familiar with what unfolded in the Pelosi residence now revealing when officers responded to the 'high priority call,' they were seemingly unaware they've been called to the home of the Speaker of the House," Almaguer told viewers. "After a 'knock and announce,' the front door was opened by Mr. Pelosi. The 82-year-old did not immediately declare an emergency or tried to leave his home but instead began walking several feet back into the foyer toward the assailant and away from police. It's unclear if the 82-year-old was already injured or what his mental state was, say sources."

"According to court documents, when the officer asked what was going on, defendant smiled and said 'everything's good' but instantaneously a struggle ensued as police clearly saw David DePape strike Paul Pelosi in the head with a hammer. After tackling the suspect, officers rushed to Mr. Pelosi who was lying in a pool of blood," Almaguer continued.

Almaguer concluded his report by telling "Today" co-host Craig Melvin "we still don't know exactly what unfolded between Mr. Pelosi and the suspect for the 30 minutes they were alone inside that house before police arrive. Officials who are investigating this matter would not go into further details about these new details."...

Shady

(11-02-2022, 07:40 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-02-2022, 05:36 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Why would Rubio hold Trump accountable for something that was Nancy Pelosi's fault? And why would you as a "Republican" blame him for that?

Nancy didn't deny the results of the election.  Trump did.
Nancy didn't invite a huge and agitated crowd to attend a joint session of Congress. Trump did.
Any Republican who cares about the country more than they care about their party knows this.  10 Republicans in the House and 1 in the Senate passed this test.  So I guess it was a hard test, but not impossible.

Trump was right. Any Republican who chooses to believe otherwise is a spineless, unprincipled traitor to America and the Constitution.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-05-2022, 04:24 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-02-2022, 07:40 AM)mikesez Wrote: Nancy didn't deny the results of the election.  Trump did.

Trump was right. Any Republican who chooses to believe otherwise is a spineless, unprincipled traitor to America and the Constitution. merely skeptical of big claims made without big evidence.

FTFY

(11-05-2022, 09:15 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Well, hmmm, this is interesting. 

NBC silent after retracting Paul Pelosi report under mysterious circumstances | Fox News

..."Sources familiar with what unfolded in the Pelosi residence now revealing when officers responded to the 'high priority call,' they were seemingly unaware they've been called to the home of the Speaker of the House," Almaguer told viewers. "After a 'knock and announce,' the front door was opened by Mr. Pelosi. The 82-year-old did not immediately declare an emergency or tried to leave his home but instead began walking several feet back into the foyer toward the assailant and away from police. It's unclear if the 82-year-old was already injured or what his mental state was, say sources."

"According to court documents, when the officer asked what was going on, defendant smiled and said 'everything's good' but instantaneously a struggle ensued as police clearly saw David DePape strike Paul Pelosi in the head with a hammer. After tackling the suspect, officers rushed to Mr. Pelosi who was lying in a pool of blood," Almaguer continued.

Almaguer concluded his report by telling "Today" co-host Craig Melvin "we still don't know exactly what unfolded between Mr. Pelosi and the suspect for the 30 minutes they were alone inside that house before police arrive. Officials who are investigating this matter would not go into further details about these new details."...

This is what I mean. Just release the body cam and security footage, then allow people to ask questions. I just don't trust the media anymore, and when something doesn't make sense, I would rather wait for more information than jump on any of the narratives that form in the immediate aftermath.

You know what my favorite part about this whole narrative? The "Where's Nancy" rhetoric. There're only so many words in the English language. I would love to know the alternative way he's supposed to ask that question. I'm sure her secretary probably says "Where's Nancy" at least 5 times a day. Is she an election denier?

This whole story reeks of some kind of coverup.

1)  Was Paul Pelosi playing "hide the hammer" with this guy and it went bad?

2)  Police didn't know who's residence they were going to?

3)  Paul Pelosi answers the door and goes back inside?

4)  Photos of the broken window show the glass on the outside of the home rather than the inside (assuming that's how the perp gained access)?

5)  The perp is/was homeless, an illegal alien and on drugs yet shows up to Nancy's home in his underwear with a hammer?

6)  Supposedly in the 911 call Paul Pelosi referred to the perp as "a friend".

I tend to think, based on what we know so far that it was some kind of variation of situation #1.  Paul Pelosi was seeking "companionship" and this guy answered the call.  For whatever reason something went bad and the window got broken.  To cover himself Paul Pelosi called 911 and said something about his "friend" in the home.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

There’s a reason they’re not releasing the body cam video.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(11-07-2022, 05:49 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

This whole story reeks of some kind of coverup.

4)  Photos of the broken window show the glass on the outside of the home rather than the inside (assuming that's how the perp gained access)?

5)  The perp is/was homeless, an illegal alien and on drugs yet shows up to Nancy's home in his underwear with a hammer?

I tend to think, based on what we know so far that it was some kind of variation of situation #1.  Paul Pelosi was seeking "companionship" and this guy answered the call.  For whatever reason something went bad and the window got broken.  To cover himself Paul Pelosi called 911 and said something about his "friend" in the home.

So then this is a West Coast version of Andrew Gillum, with a hammer subbing for drugs? Guess there's more than one way to get hammered.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(11-07-2022, 06:09 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(11-07-2022, 05:49 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: This whole story reeks of some kind of coverup.

So then this is a West Coast version of Andrew Gillum, with a hammer subbing for drugs?  Guess there's more than one way to get hammered.

Ol' Paul was hammered getting hammered while he was hammering.

(11-07-2022, 07:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-07-2022, 06:09 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: So then this is a West Coast version of Andrew Gillum, with a hammer subbing for drugs?  Guess there's more than one way to get hammered.

Ol' Paul was hammered getting hammered while he was hammering.

So you’re saying there’s a chance a hammer was involved somehow?

(11-07-2022, 08:08 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-07-2022, 07:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Ol' Paul was hammered getting hammered while he was hammering.

So you’re saying there’s a chance a hammer was involved somehow?

You nailed it!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(11-07-2022, 09:03 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(11-07-2022, 08:08 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: So you’re saying there’s a chance a hammer was involved somehow?

You nailed it!

Someone was getting nailed!

[Image: 3adc6cc5-548a-40f1-9e4a-318b8198b447_text.gif]

He should have just paid the prostitute the $5 he promised him. Dude makes millions on insider trading, he could afford it.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2022, 01:50 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-08-2022, 10:13 AM)Jagwired Wrote: He should have just paid the prostitute the $5 he promised him. Dude makes millions on insider trading, he could afford it.

He was working on trading a different sort of currency here, and the trade went south.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(11-08-2022, 12:09 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(11-08-2022, 10:13 AM)Jagwired Wrote: He should have just paid the prostitute the $5 he promised him. Dude makes millions on insider trading, he could afford it.

He's was working on trading a different sort of currency here, and the trade went south.

Did he finish the transaction with a deposit, or was he forced to make an early withdrawal?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

“If the hammer has [BLEEP]…you must acquit!”