Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2022 OTAs

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Trevor talks about new staff, teammates, and golf handicaps.

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/15287...cs_kQYOZiw

(05-23-2022, 01:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/JStCyrTV/status/1528...cs_kQYOZiw

Well i'm glad to know they recognized Trevors worst throw last year was that crosser in the corner of the endzone where he was under 0 pressure and flat out threw it out the back endzone lmao.

(05-23-2022, 02:51 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(05-23-2022, 01:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/JStCyrTV/status/1528...cs_kQYOZiw

Well i'm glad to know they recognized Trevors worst throw last year was that crosser in the corner of the endzone where he was under 0 pressure and flat out threw it out the back endzone lmao.

He threw 3 touchdowns last year to receivers running "corner routes" angled to the back of the end zone and another to a crossing Agnew at the goal line.

(05-23-2022, 03:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-23-2022, 02:51 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Well i'm glad to know they recognized Trevors worst throw last year was that crosser in the corner of the endzone where he was under 0 pressure and flat out threw it out the back endzone lmao.

He threw 3 touchdowns last year to receivers running "corner routes" angled to the back of the end zone and another to a crossing Agnew at the goal line.

Exactly, that was his "worst" throw and yet still so successful.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 05-23-2022, 03:41 PM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-23-2022, 03:14 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-23-2022, 03:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: He threw 3 touchdowns last year to receivers running "corner routes" angled to the back of the end zone and another to a crossing Agnew at the goal line.

Exactly, that was his "worst" throw and yet still so successful.

I was partly joking but the throw I'm talking about was a double crosser, I believe from the 12-15 yard line. It was Treadwell going left, Jones going right. Treadwell was wide open, didn't get thrown to. Jones was open but had a DB closely behind him.. Trevor tossed it out of reach to jones and it sailed out of bounds. Trevor was under 0 pressure in a clean pocket aswell.

(05-23-2022, 03:40 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(05-23-2022, 03:14 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Exactly, that was his "worst" throw and yet still so successful.

I was partly joking but the throw I'm talking about was a double crosser, I believe from the 12-15 yard line. It was Treadwell going left, Jones going right. Treadwell was wide open, didn't get thrown to. Jones was open but had a DB closely behind him.. Trevor tossed it out of reach to jones and it sailed out of bounds. Trevor was under 0 pressure in a clean pocket aswell.

I doubt an overthrown ball by a rookie QB is what specifically inspired them to drill corner routes today, but OK. 

Rookie QBs miss some open guys and sail some passes. Not sure this particular recollection of yours constitutes some deficiency in Trevor's game. 

He's got plenty of work to do regardless. Glad he has a competent staff and a few new targets this time around.

(05-23-2022, 03:54 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-23-2022, 03:40 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I was partly joking but the throw I'm talking about was a double crosser, I believe from the 12-15 yard line. It was Treadwell going left, Jones going right. Treadwell was wide open, didn't get thrown to. Jones was open but had a DB closely behind him.. Trevor tossed it out of reach to jones and it sailed out of bounds. Trevor was under 0 pressure in a clean pocket aswell.

I doubt an overthrown ball by a rookie QB is what specifically inspired them to drill corner routes today, but OK. 

Rookie QBs miss some open guys and sail some passes. Not sure this particular recollection of yours constitutes some deficiency in Trevor's game. 

He's got plenty of work to do regardless. Glad he has a competent staff and a few new targets this time around.

Hence why the reply was just a joke.

(This post was last modified: 05-23-2022, 04:37 PM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

"Star of 11-on-11 so far has been Adam Gotsis. PBU/near pick of Trevor, then a sack of CJB"

Gotsis is going up against the Jags.  He should look good.

https://twitter.com/JStCyrTV/status/1528...fpo-A1NsUg

Cool reverse to Kirk with Engram out front to block
Pretty cool

When does the backup QB get 50% of the first team snaps….. oh wait….

(05-23-2022, 05:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/JStCyrTV/status/1528...fpo-A1NsUg

Pretty cool

In that clip, it was interesting to note the OL was RT Taylor, RG Sherff, OC Shatley, LG Bartch, LT Walker.  Cam was not at this OTA.

(05-23-2022, 05:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/JStCyrTV/status/1528...fpo-A1NsUg

Pretty cool

We look pretty solid when there are no defenders on the field.  Not really sure how a very slow reverse running 20 yards for a TD without any defense on the field became a twitter highlight .... perhaps Chase Young will fake an injury so he doesn't have to face this in week 1.

(05-24-2022, 09:25 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Pretty cool

We look pretty solid when there are no defenders on the field.  Not really sure how a very slow reverse running 20 yards for a TD without any defense on the field became a twitter highlight .... perhaps Chase Young will fake an injury so he doesn't have to face this in week 1.

Similar to my own thoughts. I appreciate seeing the players, but this isn't even a real practice, let alone an effort against someone actually trying to stop them.

The point is that they're actually doing something with the play book that isn't Football 101 or looks like it was designed by a stoner.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-24-2022, 09:25 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Pretty cool

Well, it's May. 

This is about as exciting as it gets for a while. 
At least we aren't debating whether or not the HC is in over his head or not like we were last May.

What do you expect? It’s cool to see our guys out there getting work in. Especially the young guys and the new faces. Appreciate it for what it is.

(05-24-2022, 10:12 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-24-2022, 09:25 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: We look pretty solid when there are no defenders on the field.  Not really sure how a very slow reverse running 20 yards for a TD without any defense on the field became a twitter highlight .... perhaps Chase Young will fake an injury so he doesn't have to face this in week 1.

Well, it's May. 

This is about as exciting as it gets for a while. 
At least we aren't debating whether or not the HC is in over his head or not like we were last May.

Good point.  I think we had a 102 page Tebow thread around this time last year.

I hope Walker shows up today. He wasn't there yesterday for some reason