Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2022 Jags Offensive Potential

Yes, they have the potential to be "offensive." 

Now that we have that joke out of the way, how do you see the Jags 2022 offense under Pederson/Press Taylor shaping up? 

* 4000+ passing yards? 

* 1800+ rushing yards? 

* Will the TE room collectively gain more yards than the receivers room? 

* Will Etienne eclipse 500 yards receiving? 

* Does Kirk eclipse 900? 

* Who are the top three wide receivers on the depth chart come September?

https://twitter.com/PFF_Fantasy/status/1...0Xq-lgllcQ

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don’t think Kirk will eclipse 900. We should be hoping for 1000 yards. And I don’t think the TEs will have more yards than the WRs. 4,000 yards passing could happen. Etienne probably puts up 500 yards rushing instead of receiving.

Top 3 WR - Austin, M.Jones, Shenault

(06-03-2022, 05:41 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I don’t think Kirk will eclipse 900. We should be hoping for 1000 yards. And I don’t think the TEs will have more yards than the WRs. 4,000 yards passing could happen. Etienne probably puts up 500 yards rushing instead of receiving.

If that is how our WR ranking ends up shaking out, then we wasted our FA money on recievers..
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(06-03-2022, 05:44 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(06-03-2022, 05:41 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I don’t think Kirk will eclipse 900. We should be hoping for 1000 yards. And I don’t think the TEs will have more yards than the WRs. 4,000 yards passing could happen. Etienne probably puts up 500 yards rushing instead of receiving.

If that is how our WR ranking ends up shaking out, then we wasted our FA money on recievers..

I could probably put Kirk in Shenault’s spot. But either way, 84 million should bring 1200 yards and 8 TDs to the table. I just don’t think it will.

(06-03-2022, 06:21 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(06-03-2022, 05:44 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: If that is how our WR ranking ends up shaking out, then we wasted our FA money on recievers..

I could probably put Kirk in Shenault’s spot. But either way, 84 million should bring 1200 yards and 8 TDs to the table. I just don’t think it will.

37 mil guaranteed 

And, yes, that should bring production.

900 seems like a good bar for him given his production last year, the question marks around our new offense and Pederson's propensity to target TEs and RBs bountifully in his offense

(This post was last modified: 06-04-2022, 07:07 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

I see a 2nd year QB with great potential, and some really good new weapons around him.  Plus, our offensive line should be better. 

So how do I see our offense's potential?  I see us chucking it around all over the place.  It'll be a good offense. 

* 4000+ passing yards?  Yes.  Absolutely. 

* 1800+ rushing yards?  Close.  Maybe not. 

* Will the TE room collectively gain more yards than the receivers room?  No. 

* Will Etienne eclipse 500 yards receiving?  Yes. 

* Does Kirk eclipse 900?  Close to that.  Maybe. 

* Who are the top three wide receivers on the depth chart come September?  Kirk, Jones, and Jones.

So 4000 yrds passing is a pedestrian 235 yds a game in a 17 game season. That should be a minimum bar not a top bar. 5k i could see as a goal.

(06-04-2022, 12:26 AM)surfon Wrote: So 4000 yrds passing is a pedestrian 235 yds a game in a 17 game season.  That should be a minimum bar not a top bar.  5k i could see as a goal.

Simply asked if you think the number will be eclipsed 

Didn't say [BLEEP] about where the number ranks league wide, didn't set any bars, asked a simple question

BTW - 4017 yards was 15th in the league last year

(This post was last modified: 06-04-2022, 07:02 AM by Ronster. Edited 2 times in total.)

Positive thoughts!!!

New Year baby!  If there’s ever a time for Jag fans to be excited, it’s now; 3 months away from the start of the season. lol, now we get to hope for the best, you know, before reality hits…..
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

I see Lawrence finishing with close to 3900 yards through the air, with close to 24 TD's. I think his INT's will stay in the single digits. I think his running game goes up a little bit more as well in this offense. I could see him tacking on another 400 yards on the ground with quite a few TD's in situations where it makes sense.

1800 yards on the ground through 17 games comes out to 105 per game. I honestly think this is realistic for a number of reasons. Main reason being the fact that they have Robinson and Etienne and there's no way in hell Pederson lets this fact escape from his game plans. Also add in the fact they moved up to draft Connor and it's pretty evident what they're trying to do foundationally in 2022.

I expect a lot of running on offense, with RPO's and PA's leading to Engram/Arnold/Kirk/Etienne getting the lion's share of the passing targets. The football is going to be spread around a lot in the passing game this year. I expect a lot of splash plays weekly from a different player. While guys like Marvin Jones offer security on 3rd downs and keep the chains moving.

Kirk will crack 900 yards on this offense. To what extent I am not 100% sure but I could see him getting that mark relatively easily if the ground game gets going earlier on in the year. Your big three at receiver in September is going to be Christian Kirk/Marvin Jones/Zay Jones. With Agnew and Shenault being utilized to fill in during special packages and big play opportunities.

I don't think we'll see Engram & Arnold out perform Jones, Jones, Kirk, Agnew & Shenault. While Engram and Arnold look good together on paper. They're not in that crazy, elite group of receiving type TE's. They could probably combine for close to 950 yards as a group this year but I expect most of the work to come from pick plays on the outside at WR, underneath routes and deep shots on PA's this year which will weigh heavily in that room's favor.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

4000+ passing yards?
Yes. Rookie Trevor passed for over 3600 last season and has better weapons and coaching this year.

1800+ rushing yards?
No, but close. Last season they had 1755 team rushing yards.

Will the TE room collectively gain more yards than the receivers room?
No.

Will Etienne eclipse 500 yards receiving?
No. But I would guess about 45-50 receptions for around 475 yards, similar to MJD best years.

Does Kirk eclipse 900?
Yes, easily.

Who are the top three wide receivers on the depth chart come September?
The law firm of Kirk, Jones, and Jones. Shenault will get solid rotational reps.

(06-03-2022, 04:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: ...

...how do you see the Jags 2022 offense under Pederson/Press Taylor shaping up? 

* 4000+ passing yards? I anticipate 3800-4200 yards passing. So, maybe.

* 1800+ rushing yards? I think we'll hit 1800 

* Will the TE room collectively gain more yards than the receivers room? I think this TE room will be worth around 1200-1300 yards collectively - The WR group should easily get past 2000

* Will Etienne eclipse 500 yards receiving? I think they will try to get that much production from him in the passing game. Seems do-able, but plenty pf ways for it to go wrong. 

* Does Kirk eclipse 900? Yes. Just.

* Who are the top three wide receivers on the depth chart come September? No clue. Law firm of Jones, Jones and Kirk is a good guess. IMO. 

answers to my own questions in blue

(This post was last modified: 06-04-2022, 02:56 PM by CanDoBetter. Edited 1 time in total.)

(06-03-2022, 04:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yes, they have the potential to be "offensive." 

Now that we have that joke out of the way, how do you see the Jags 2022 offense under Pederson/Press Taylor shaping up? 

* 4000+ passing yards? Not sure at all. I would consider the season good enough if Lawrence get either this or 9 wins.

* 1800+ rushing yards? That is possible. I certainly think it's possible the duo of Robinson and Etienne will reach 1,800 all-purpose yards if they're both healthy. 

* Will the TE room collectively gain more yards than the receivers room? No, not a chance. Even with more production from them I don't see it.

* Will Etienne eclipse 500 yards receiving? Not sure but see above for a general idea of what he'll do.

* Does Kirk eclipse 900? No. We've already paid for him so it's not a big deal as long as Lawrence reaches his goals.

* Who are the top three wide receivers on the depth chart come September? Kirk, M Jones and Z Jones. I can see Shenault being number two and I can see him being traded. 

The jury is still out but Pederson is a competent head coach that should be able to help everyone come closer to their potential than previous coaches.

(06-03-2022, 04:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yes, they have the potential to be "offensive." 

* 4000+ passing yards? 

* 1800+ rushing yards? 

* Will the TE room collectively gain more yards than the receivers room? 

* Will Etienne eclipse 500 yards receiving? 

* Does Kirk eclipse 900? 

* Who are the top three wide receivers on the depth chart come September?

I'm not so worried about stats, maybe with the exception of improvement in TLaw's TD/INT ratio.

I could just as easily see the team leaning on defense and ball control offense at the expense of passing yardage statistics or 35-plus points per game averages.

If they put the offensive focus on Kirk based on pay, he should break 1K. If he's as good as they think he is, he's no longer scrapping for touches, he can easily be first look in most routes.

If the TE room outgains the WR room, something bad happened or a TE discovered their inner Tony Gonzalez.

Top 3 WR will be Kirk, MJJ, and Treadwell.

I think there's a very good chance that we all find the 2022 Jaguars very offensive. Since they're gonna lose a lot.

(06-06-2022, 09:20 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I think there's a very good chance that we all find the 2022 Jaguars very offensive. Since they're gonna lose a lot.

Hoo boy, my sides are splitting. Bet NYC4jags didn't see *that* zinger coming.