Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chaisson says the draft lit a fire under him! He is motivated!

I dont' expect anything from him but would be a very pleasant surprise if he turned into at least a role player.   I don't know why he lacked motivation before but now he is saying it's "10x" bigger now.

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2022/06...under-him/
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

In other news losers dont want to work until they are starving.

If he makes the team it will be as a role player/special teams player. More likely he'll be looking for a job this fall.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

He's made a sheet ton of money the last couple of years, played poorly, and only now is he motivated?

(06-04-2022, 12:12 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I dont' expect anything from him but would be a very pleasant surprise if he turned into at least a role player.   I don't know why he lacked motivation before but now he is saying it's "10x" bigger now.

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2022/06...under-him/

I look forward to watching run into the waiting arms of blockers even harder.

He's a $3.6m cap hit this year, which is not excessive. His dead money hit this year would be $5.5m, so there is no financial incentive to cut him. He'll make the roster this year and get a chance in more of a backup rotational role. Hopefully, the new staff and scheme can see if a diamond exists within what has been just a lump of coal thus far.

He will have to earn his roster spot this year for once.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Whoopeee!

I hated the pick when it was made. I hoped like heck I was wrong about him, but here we are.

Haven't given him much thought at all this offseason.

Bottom line: he is an expected cut and another bust.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

He reminded me of Arden Key before the draft, now we have both and Key is the better player lol

Chaisson has this year to prove he has any worth as a rotational piece

I don't have high hopes.

If Walker adapts quickly in preseason and Arden Key looks like decent rotation, might be good to try letting Chaisson shine in a preseason game - and then put him on the trade block if he performs well enough to attract any suitors.

Again, hopes are not high.

(06-04-2022, 12:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Chaisson has this year to prove he has any worth as a rotational piece

I don't have high hopes.

If Walker adapts quickly in preseason and Arden Key looks like decent rotation, might be good to try letting Chaisson shine in a preseason game - and then put him on the trade block if he performs well enough to attract any suitors.

He had physical tools coming out of the draft but was beyond raw considering the injury at LSU and total games played. When he was drafted here he was essentially handed a starting role, as a result he never had to earn anything and didn't develop any hunger to succeed or work ethic. So many plays he just lacks motor. The long scramble for a TD by Zack Wilson in the Jets game is the most paragon example of lack of effort/hustle/motor i've seen from him (or any NFL player) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlGIyrhdDYs I would've benched him after this play, even Pop Warner and HS players are taught to rally to the ball and play to the whistle... this level of laziness doesn't belong on a field in the pros.

As Bullseye said, I didn't like the pick when it was made and I'm not confident he'll turn it around, anything he gives us from here on out is a bonus and it's a sunk cost that we squandered the 1st round pick we got for Ramsey.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(06-04-2022, 12:18 AM)surfon Wrote: In other news losers dont want to work until they are starving.

Maybe hes not that good or maybe some different coaching along with better players around him might help him break out.

MAYBE

Well he can't get much worse so there is that.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 06-04-2022, 11:39 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 3 times in total.)

Unmotivated from the start, a consensus bust, and now he's motivated. Hell, I would be too if I was him. He's staring down the end of his career if he doesn't make this year's squad.

One of Caldwells truly awful moves, along with Jawhan Taylor, Taven Bryan and the re-signing of Bortles.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(06-04-2022, 12:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Chaisson has this year to prove he has any worth as a rotational piece

I don't have high hopes.

If Walker adapts quickly in preseason and Arden Key looks like decent rotation, might be good to try letting Chaisson shine in a preseason game  - and then put him on the trade block if he performs well enough to attract any suitors.

(Emphasis added)

That is a sad statement to make about a former 1st round pick in his 3rd year.

Shaking my head in dismay.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Tebow was motivated. Sometimes all the motivation in the world can't overcome the lack of talent to perform at the NFL level.

I hate to say it but I just watched the Georgia vs Bama BCS Championship game over, focusing on Trevon Walker on each play. As a pass rusher, he got no penetration toward the QB, which reminded me a lot of Chaisson. That said, I'd almost be inclined to state both of them would be better served at playing the LB position in a 3-4 scheme. As noted, neither get penetration when lined up against an OT so their speed could be better served in blitzing schemes or 2nd level run stoppers and marginal pass coverage use.

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2022, 12:22 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(06-05-2022, 10:05 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Tebow was motivated. Sometimes all the motivation in the world can't overcome the lack of talent to perform at the NFL level.

I hate to say it but I just watched the Georgia vs Bama BCS Championship game over, focusing on Trevon Walker on each play.  As a pass rusher, he got no penetration toward the QB, which reminded me a lot of Chaisson.  That said, I'd almost be inclined to state both of them would be better served at playing the LB position in a 3-4 scheme.  As noted, neither get penetration when lined up against an OT so their speed could be better served in blitzing schemes or 2nd level run stoppers and marginal pass coverage use.

To be far Walker was going up against the best tackle in college that game in Neal.  I don't even think many men will beat Neal in the NFL

(06-04-2022, 11:34 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Unmotivated from the start, a consensus bust, and now he's motivated. Hell, I would be too if I was him. He's staring down the end of his career if he doesn't make this year's squad.

One of Caldwells truly awful moves, along with Jawhan Taylor, Taven Bryan and the re-signing of Bortles.

Add Yeldon to the list.  Taylor was good value but he just hasn't panned out.  What made it a bad pick is us passing on DK Metcalf.  A lot thought Taylor was going in the first round he just hasn't improved

(06-05-2022, 02:25 AM)Bullseye Wrote:

I don't have high hopes.

If Walker adapts quickly in preseason and Arden Key looks like decent rotation, might be good to try letting Chaisson shine in a preseason game  - and then put him on the trade block if he performs well enough to attract any suitors.

(Emphasis added)

That is a sad statement to make about a former 1st round pick in his 3rd year.

Shaking my head in dismay.

Agreed. he all but admitted he was not putting forth the effort for 3 full years.  I had employees do the same when confronted with the same situation.  Yea, they did well for a bit but 95% fell back into their old ways after a time as it was easier. I do hope he can be one of the 5%, but odds say otherwise.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Famous last words.