Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
LIV Golf Series

(09-03-2022, 01:43 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: LIV players are now allowed to wear shorts during play. PGA players have to be jealous.

Really is a clown league.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-03-2022, 01:49 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(09-03-2022, 01:43 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: LIV players are now allowed to wear shorts during play. PGA players have to be jealous.

Just like the PGA

[Image: 1652976271734.jpeg]
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

(09-03-2022, 01:49 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:

Boatloads of money and they've eliminated some of the stuffiness of the PGA.  The clowns aren't complaining.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Still waiting to hear what Brandel thinks of the PGA's support of China's human rights abuse.
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

Does that include Jorts?

(09-15-2022, 02:27 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Does that include Jorts?

And wife beaters.

Louis Oosthuizen would win more if he didn't suck at putting. It's a mystery to me how such a fantastic ball striker can be such a poor putter. I'm sure he practices but it must not be very structured.

(09-17-2022, 04:49 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Louis Oosthuizen would win more if he didn't suck at putting. It's a mystery to me how such a fantastic ball striker can be such a poor putter. I'm sure he practices but it must not be very structured.

That's a golf swing I would love to have.  He looks like he could make that swing until he's 90.

(09-17-2022, 04:49 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Louis Oosthuizen would win more if he didn't suck at putting. It's a mystery to me how such a fantastic ball striker can be such a poor putter. I'm sure he practices but it must not be very structured.

Dude was probably out with his friends poaching elephants as a kid instead of spending time on the putting green.

(09-22-2022, 03:10 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Dude was probably out with his friends poaching elephants as a kid instead of spending time on the putting green.

Good grief....
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Maybe Rory will go on a Major's winning streak now. This is probably the only way he could.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

It'll be interesting to see how the franchise model will work.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/liv-gol...n-pga-tour

The Saudis aim to recoup their $2 billion investment by selling off team franchises. My question is, if an investor buys a team for, say, $100 million, how does he expect to make money on that investment, and how will that affect the payouts to the players? PGA Tour players don't have "owners" who siphon off part of the money.

(11-08-2022, 09:37 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: It'll be interesting to see how the franchise model will work.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/liv-gol...n-pga-tour

The Saudis aim to recoup their $2 billion investment by selling off team franchises. My question is, if an investor buys a team for, say, $100 million, how does he expect to make money on that investment, and how will that affect the payouts to the players? PGA Tour players don't have "owners" who siphon off part of the money.

This actually sounds pretty cool. Golf needs some new ideas so it doesn't stagnate, and it's good to see LIV trying to add to the product.

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2022, 12:45 PM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-19-2022, 11:47 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(11-07-2022, 07:19 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Xander Schauffele is going over. 

LIV Golf Insider on Twitter: "?BOOM! @XSchauffele is confirmed to join #LIVGolf. Schauffele will be named the new Captain for Torque GC. Patrick Cantlay and Mito Pereria are also expected to join him and current team member Joaquin Niemann. Torque GC is officially your 2023 #LIVGolf favorite." / Twitter

https://www.golfmonthly.com/news/i-haven...lf-rumours

Well, dang. I was really hoping to see this happen. 

The plot thickens:

https://twitter.com/LIVTracking/status/1...7oi-IGWc0w

After all the back and forth from Tiger and LIV brass this week - I enjoyed seeing this tweet

https://twitter.com/CaddieNetwork/status...SgpiQ16YWA

Pure speculation on my part, but Xander Schauffele just received a $5.5M payout from the PGA Tour Impact Program, which is very likely what he was waiting for before announcing his jump to LIV. He may have learned his lesson from Bubba Watson who was denied his multimillion dollar payout after he announced his LIV membership.

Btw, Tiger gets $15M just for being Tiger.

(11-19-2022, 12:42 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-19-2022, 11:47 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: https://www.golfmonthly.com/news/i-haven...lf-rumours

Well, dang. I was really hoping to see this happen. 

The plot thickens:

https://twitter.com/LIVTracking/status/1...7oi-IGWc0w

If you actually look at that guys tweets he's the worst. Also said Jon rahm was coming over then rahm tweeted at him and said he was an idiot. Yet he still claims to have never been wrong.

Watching Tiger Woods compete live, on TV in Bellair, at night on TBS..

That's a first for me..

[Image: 20221210-212535.jpg]

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]