Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
January 6 Committee: Thousands of Interviews, Few New Facts

(07-02-2022, 07:44 PM)copycat Wrote:
(07-02-2022, 02:13 PM)mikesez Wrote: You never criticize Trump.  He absolutely is a hero in your story.

This is what you do not understand.  I believe every Trump supporter has expressed dismay at his antics and his narcissistic personality.  What you fail to see is the compromise made in accepting his many faults for him exposing just how corrupt DC has become.

Could you be more specific? What corruption did he expose and how did he reduce or eliminate that specific corruption while he was in office?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-02-2022, 10:51 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-02-2022, 07:44 PM)copycat Wrote: This is what you do not understand.  I believe every Trump supporter has expressed dismay at his antics and his narcissistic personality.  What you fail to see is the compromise made in accepting his many faults for him exposing just how corrupt DC has become.

Could you be more specific? What corruption did he expose and how did he reduce or eliminate that specific corruption while he was in office?

If you can’t see it then you never will.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(07-03-2022, 07:15 AM)copycat Wrote:
(07-02-2022, 10:51 PM)mikesez Wrote: Could you be more specific? What corruption did he expose and how did he reduce or eliminate that specific corruption while he was in office?

If you can’t refuse to see it then you never will.

FIFY
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(07-03-2022, 07:15 AM)copycat Wrote:
(07-02-2022, 10:51 PM)mikesez Wrote: Could you be more specific? What corruption did he expose and how did he reduce or eliminate that specific corruption while he was in office?

If you can’t see it then you never will.

If you can't give examples, it probably didn't happen.

(07-03-2022, 08:38 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-03-2022, 07:15 AM)copycat Wrote: If you can’t see it then you never will.

From what I saw, all indications were that Trump was working to increase corruption. Just his actions leading up to the insurrection should already have him in Guantanamo along with a lot of people in his administration. Trying to overthrow democracy is pretty much the worst crime you can commit in the United States.

As the republican party currently is I can't vote for any of them. I'll have to hold my nose and go for pathetic dems because at least they're not trying to literally take away my voice in elections.

(07-03-2022, 09:06 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(07-03-2022, 08:38 AM)mikesez Wrote: If you can't give examples, it probably didn't happen.

From what I saw, all indications were that Trump was working to increase corruption. Just his actions leading up to the insurrection should already have him in Guantanamo along with a lot of people in his administration. Trying to overthrow democracy is pretty much the worst crime you can commit in the United States.

As the republican party currently is I can't vote for any of them. I'll have to hold my nose and go for pathetic dems because at least they're not trying to literally take away my voice in elections.

I'll have what ever it is you've been smoking.........
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(07-03-2022, 09:12 AM)The Drifter Wrote:
(07-03-2022, 09:06 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: From what I saw, all indications were that Trump was working to increase corruption. Just his actions leading up to the insurrection should already have him in Guantanamo along with a lot of people in his administration. Trying to overthrow democracy is pretty much the worst crime you can commit in the United States.

I'll have what ever it is you've been smoking.........

I suggest stepping outside of the echo chamber from time to time. Reality isn't fun right now, but when I read some of the stuff on this forum I get the feeling that it must either be paid shilling against Biden, or some kind of weird law enforcement effort to try to draw out lone wolf nut cases for later arrest.

Biden and the Dems are doing a bad enough job at governing, but there is no need to ignore the reality of what the Republicans currently are.

(07-03-2022, 09:21 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(07-03-2022, 09:12 AM)The Drifter Wrote: I'll have what ever it is you've been smoking.........

I suggest stepping outside of the echo chamber from time to time. Reality isn't fun right now, but when I read some of the stuff on this forum I get the feeling that it must either be paid shilling against Biden, or some kind of weird law enforcement effort to try to draw out lone wolf nut cases for later arrest.

Biden and the Dems are doing a bad enough job at governing, but there is no need to ignore the reality of what the Republicans currently are.

If you want to blame the republicans, go right ahead..... You'll just be rooting for the continued destruction of the country. What I do know is this, I'm on a fixed income because of an accident that happened to me a few years back. And this current DEMOCRAT caused inflation is really eating in to what I'm able to do. Right now, my income doe not cover my rent, utilities and whatever completely so I need to use my savings that I have built up over the years. Well, by this time next year, my savings will be depleted, a little faster than I figured but because of Biden and his policies the cost of everything just keeps going up and up. I have no idea what situation I'll be in this time next year but...... Being homeless, in my physical condition is not in my plans.....
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(07-02-2022, 11:23 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-02-2022, 10:40 AM)Sneakers Wrote: "The swamp" is a reference to the grossly bloated bureaucracy that is our federal government and was first used by Reagan.

Anyone who's ever been on hold with the IRS knows the federal bureaucracy is a lot of things, but not bloated.  Confusing, yes.  Byzantine, yes.  Incompetent, sometimes. Bloated, no.  They are typically understaffed.  Of course they would be able to close cases with less man-hours if the law was simpler and clearer, but, that's not their fault.  Which regulations did Trump eliminate or simplify? Very few.
You think you can evaluate the whole of the federal government, based solely on the hold time in a single phone call to one of its agencies?  Laughing

Maybe it's time to move out of your parent's house and experience life in the real world.  It could do wonders for your perspective.

But hey, kudos for making it all the way to the second from last sentence in your post before mentioning Trump!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 07-03-2022, 12:20 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(07-03-2022, 10:50 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(07-02-2022, 11:23 AM)mikesez Wrote: Anyone who's ever been on hold with the IRS knows the federal bureaucracy is a lot of things, but not bloated.  Confusing, yes.  Byzantine, yes.  Incompetent, sometimes. Bloated, no.  They are typically understaffed.  Of course they would be able to close cases with less man-hours if the law was simpler and clearer, but, that's not their fault.  Which regulations did Trump eliminate or simplify? Very few.
You think you can evaluate the whole of the federal government, based solely on the hold time in a single phone call to one of its agencies?  Laughing

Maybe it's time to move out of your parent's house and experience life in the real world.  It could do wonders for your perspective.

But hey, kudos for making it all the way to the second from last sentence in your post before mentioning Trump!

I've been out of my parent's house for about two decades and I'm raising two kids, earning a salary, and operating a business.  
And that's not what I said.  I said any person can evaluate things that way.  
If instead I were talking about myself, I would have mentioned the interactions I've had with the CDC and DoD over the years, in addition to the IRS.  The IRS is the one that nearly everyone has interacted with.

(07-03-2022, 08:38 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-03-2022, 07:15 AM)copycat Wrote: If you can’t see it then you never will.

Thread got derailed.  Copycat and Sneakers should be able to give one example of Trump exposing corruption that wasn't previously known, or of Trump reducing corruption.  

I'm not saying the government wasn't corrupt in 2016. It was.  I'm saying I can't think of a single case of Trump improving matters.

(This post was last modified: 07-03-2022, 12:03 PM by SeldomRite. Edited 1 time in total.)

(07-03-2022, 10:46 AM)The Drifter Wrote:
(07-03-2022, 09:21 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: I suggest stepping outside of the echo chamber from time to time. Reality isn't fun right now, but when I read some of the stuff on this forum I get the feeling that it must either be paid shilling against Biden, or some kind of weird law enforcement effort to try to draw out lone wolf nut cases for later arrest.

If you want to blame the republicans, go right ahead..... You'll just be rooting for the continued destruction of the country. What I do know is this, I'm on a fixed income because of an accident that happened to me a few years back. And this current DEMOCRAT caused inflation is really eating in to what I'm able to do. Right now, my income doe not cover my rent, utilities and whatever completely so I need to use my savings that I have built up over the years. Well, by this time next year, my savings will be depleted, a little faster than I figured but because of Biden and his policies the cost of everything just keeps going up and up. I have no idea what situation I'll be in this time next year but...... Being homeless, in my physical condition is not in my plans.....

So as someone on social security disability you're going hard for the team that derisively refers to people like yourself as takers, and seeks to destroy the programs you depend on?

As for the rest, I can't think of anything more destructive to the country than the end of democracy and the USA becoming a western version of what Russia currently is.

(07-03-2022, 12:03 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(07-03-2022, 10:46 AM)The Drifter Wrote: If you want to blame the republicans, go right ahead..... You'll just be rooting for the continued destruction of the country. What I do know is this, I'm on a fixed income because of an accident that happened to me a few years back. And this current DEMOCRAT caused inflation is really eating in to what I'm able to do. Right now, my income doe not cover my rent, utilities and whatever completely so I need to use my savings that I have built up over the years. Well, by this time next year, my savings will be depleted, a little faster than I figured but because of Biden and his policies the cost of everything just keeps going up and up. I have no idea what situation I'll be in this time next year but...... Being homeless, in my physical condition is not in my plans.....

So as someone on social security disability you're going hard for the team that derisively refers to people like yourself as takers, and seeks to destroy the programs you depend on?

As for the rest, I can't think of anything more destructive to the country than the end of democracy and the USA becoming a western version of what Russia currently is.

I worked 30+ years of my life and I'm on disability now too.. I've earned every cent and I'm taking it..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(07-03-2022, 12:45 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(07-03-2022, 12:03 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: So as someone on social security disability you're going hard for the team that derisively refers to people like yourself as takers, and seeks to destroy the programs you depend on?

I worked 30+ years of my life and I'm on disability now too.. I've earned every cent and I'm taking it..

I agree, SSI is a paid and earned benefit, but that doesn't change what the Republicans have been saying about it and the kind of people that depend on it for years.

(07-03-2022, 12:58 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(07-03-2022, 12:45 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I worked 30+ years of my life and I'm on disability now too.. I've earned every cent and I'm taking it..

I agree, SSI is a paid and earned benefit, but that doesn't change what the Republicans have been saying about it and the kind of people that depend on it for years.

*about people who defraud it for years.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-03-2022, 01:05 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-03-2022, 12:58 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: I agree, SSI is a paid and earned benefit, but that doesn't change what the Republicans have been saying about it and the kind of people that depend on it for years.

Factual details are not important. The man is holding his nose during the next election, for gawd’s sake. You want the truth, too? C’mon, man!

(07-03-2022, 11:51 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-03-2022, 10:50 AM)Sneakers Wrote: You think you can evaluate the whole of the federal government, based solely on the hold time in a single phone call to one of its agencies?  Laughing

I've been out of my parent's house for about two decades and I'm raising two kids, earning a salary, and operating a business.  
And that's not what I said.  I said any person can evaluate things that way.  
If instead I were talking about myself, I would have mentioned the interactions I've had with the CDC and DoD over the years, in addition to the IRS.  The IRS is the one that nearly everyone has interacted with.

(07-03-2022, 08:38 AM)mikesez Wrote: If you can't give examples, it probably didn't happen.

Thread got derailed.  Copycat and Sneakers should be able to give one example of Trump exposing corruption that wasn't previously known, or of Trump reducing corruption.  

I'm not saying the government wasn't corrupt in 2016. It was.  I'm saying I can't think of a single case of Trump improving matters.

Sure, they can give examples, but it will just derail the thread further. We've been over this ad nauseum. You admit that there is some corruption in our government, but you think it's acceptable because there is a boogeyman that's scarier. 

It's pointless to debate with you, because you'll just move the goalposts and limit redefine the parameters the discussion. You think there are acceptable levels of corruption in our systems, because you believe the narrative that is spun by our established institutions. You refuse to accept any information from sources that are not established, which means the debate HAS to be held in the realm of information that only you think is credible. Therefore, it doesn't matter what logic is used or what you can see with your own eyes if you don't ever have to wrestle with anything outside of your particular dogma. You're like Bobby Boucher from the Waterboy. 

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia...f=1&nofb=1]

You keep believing what mama tells you. I think there is corruption that extends to the media, and the "facts" you are using are really just tools to manipulate the masses. I can point to an abundance of information to support this, but you can't truly entertain alternative ideas, because you don't want to critically examine your source of news. Until you and others here are willing to objectively entertain the idea, you will remain unable to see anything that counters mama's narrative.

Trump is a man so transparently dishonest it beggars belief. And yet, seemingly intelligent people seem to think he's the only honest person on the planet and the only person who can save us from corruption. It is one of the strangest things I've ever seen.

(07-03-2022, 02:19 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Trump is a man so transparently dishonest it beggars belief.  And yet, seemingly intelligent people seem to think he's the only honest person on the planet and the only person who can save us from corruption.  It is one of the strangest things I've ever seen.

He's not honest, but he was the first in some time to do what was best for America. And so many fought against him for it because...well, they don't like America all that much. The worst are those who have convinced themselves that opposing Trump because of his flaws was more important than defending his unwavering support of this Country.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-03-2022, 03:05 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-03-2022, 02:19 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Trump is a man so transparently dishonest it beggars belief.  And yet, seemingly intelligent people seem to think he's the only honest person on the planet and the only person who can save us from corruption.  It is one of the strangest things I've ever seen.

He's not honest, but he was the first in some time to do what was best for America. And so many fought against him for it because...well, they don't like America all that much. The worst are those who have convinced themselves that opposing Trump because of his flaws was more important than defending his unwavering support of this Country.

Spot on!!
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 07-03-2022, 04:56 PM by mikesez.)

(07-03-2022, 01:05 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-03-2022, 12:58 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: I agree, SSI is a paid and earned benefit, but that doesn't change what the Republicans have been saying about it and the kind of people that depend on it for years.

Me, and my friends, and my family, we all paid in and earned our unemployment, our disability, our other benefits.  It's all those folks on the other side of town, who don't look like us, they're the ones defrauding it!

(07-03-2022, 03:05 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

If only he supported the constitution as much as he supposedly supported the country.