Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
January 6 Committee: Thousands of Interviews, Few New Facts

(08-03-2022, 08:38 PM)Jags Wrote:
(08-03-2022, 08:27 PM)mikesez Wrote: If neither of us was President of the United States, there wouldn't have been any division about it.

You don't know what I meant.  You only know what you remember thinking I meant when you first read what I said weeks ago.  And it wasn't that important to you so you don't remember it well.
What about a juju bee between the ooo-ooo-bees?

Well, at least your faithful to your husband.

My interest is piqued..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-03-2022, 09:10 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(08-03-2022, 08:38 PM)Jags Wrote: What about a juju bee between the ooo-ooo-bees?

Well, at least your faithful to your husband.

My interest is piqued..

Your interest? My mom always called it a special purpose.  Your mom sounds weird.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(08-03-2022, 09:22 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-03-2022, 09:10 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: My interest is piqued..

Your interest? My mom always called it a special purpose.  Your mom sounds weird.

Your mom called me her "special purpose" too.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-03-2022, 06:36 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-03-2022, 06:33 PM)p_rushing Wrote: How did they prove he had a gun there? He wasn't arrested. They have no evidence other than hearsay about a gun.

Come on Mike I thought you were a man fighting for the people?

If you testify that you saw something, that's not hearsay.
Who was there that saw the gun? I haven't followed the case in a while but I didn't think there was anyone that actually saw him with a weapon and it was in discussions with the son that it was said.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2022, 09:37 PM by mikesez.)

(08-03-2022, 09:28 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-03-2022, 09:22 PM)mikesez Wrote: Your interest? My mom always called it a special purpose.  Your mom sounds weird.

Your mom called me her "special purpose" too.

Yeah her divorcing my dad was rough on both of us.  But you might have gotten it the roughest of all, from what I heard.

(08-03-2022, 09:34 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(08-03-2022, 06:36 PM)mikesez Wrote: If you testify that you saw something, that's not hearsay.
Who was there that saw the gun? I haven't followed the case in a while but I didn't think there was anyone that actually saw him with a weapon and it was in discussions with the son that it was said.

His son produced recordings showing him claiming to have had a gun there that day.  So he confessed it voluntarily then tried to claim he was just bragging.

That's totally worth 15 years in prison.

(08-03-2022, 06:54 PM)Jags Wrote:
(08-03-2022, 06:49 PM)mikesez Wrote: I think all of us long to return to the day when "does oral count" was the most divisive question in politics.

Idk, Mike.  If your were 15 or 16 and got the ole beej, did you count it?  Or would you say you and her didn’t mess around?

If only this wasn't a family-friendly website...............I could hit this one out of the park!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2022, 10:02 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-03-2022, 09:58 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(08-03-2022, 06:54 PM)Jags Wrote: Idk, Mike.  If your were 15 or 16 and got the ole beej, did you count it?  Or would you say you and her didn’t mess around?

If only this wasn't a family-friendly website...............I could hit this one out of the park!

Sneakers, we already talked about this.  You don't have to feel bad about what happened when you were 15 because the dog didn't know what it was doing.

(08-03-2022, 09:47 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: That's totally worth 15 years in prison.

Obviously 15 years is excessive.  That's the way our "justice" system has worked since the Reagan administration.  They don't want jury trials.  They want you to plea bargain so you can get a reasonable sentence.

When President Trump is reelected for the third time, he can pardon this fellow and all other J6 political prisoners.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(08-04-2022, 07:58 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-03-2022, 09:47 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: That's totally worth 15 years in prison.

Obviously 15 years is excessive.  That's the way our "justice" system works if you don't support the establishment has worked since the Reagan administration.  They don't want jury trials.  They want you to plea bargain so you can get a reasonable sentence.

Fixed that for you.

(08-03-2022, 09:35 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-03-2022, 09:28 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Your mom called me her "special purpose" too.

Yeah her divorcing my dad was rough on both of us.  But you might have gotten it the roughest of all, from what I heard.

(08-03-2022, 09:34 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Who was there that saw the gun? I haven't followed the case in a while but I didn't think there was anyone that actually saw him with a weapon and it was in discussions with the son that it was said.

His son produced recordings showing him claiming to have had a gun there that day.  So he confessed it voluntarily then tried to claim he was just bragging.

It's a gray area. There was no proof. Most juries are not convicting with more evidence than that but his skin color is wrong.

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2022, 05:50 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-04-2022, 04:50 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(08-03-2022, 09:35 PM)mikesez Wrote: Yeah her divorcing my dad was rough on both of us.  But you might have gotten it the roughest of all, from what I heard.

It's a gray area. There was no proof. Most juries are not convicting with more evidence than that but his skin color is wrong.

Oh I know! There is such a massive pile of statistical evidence showing that American juries treat white defendents worse than black and brown ones! How could anyone miss it? I mean just look at how many black and brown people are incarcerated, compared to white people. You can't miss it!

(08-04-2022, 03:42 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(08-04-2022, 07:58 AM)mikesez Wrote: Obviously 15 years is excessive.  That's the way our "justice" system works if you don't support the establishment has worked since the Reagan administration.  They don't want jury trials.  They want you to plea bargain so you can get a reasonable sentence.

Fixed that for you.

So juries are part of the establishment now?

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2022, 08:23 PM by Lucky2Last. Edited 2 times in total.)

Dear Anonymous Mod Overlord,

I completely understand why you would give me a warning for calling Mikesez a simpleton and deleting that post. I would like to humbly apologize, even though I am having a hard time understanding how he could reduce the complexity of my argument to one factor. Maybe you could explain to me how he tries to take the whole of our justice system, especially this thing called prosecutorial discretion, and reduce it to the jury pool. I mean, it's not like there's a GIANT track record of trials taking place in DC being favorable towards the establishment. It's almost like there is this bias that affects the outcome, but I digress. Either he has a fundamentally oversimplified view of how people are brought to trial and how sentences are recommended, or he's being disingenuous. I mean, I'd hate to call the guy a liar? Do we get warnings for that, too?

Again, I beg you.... please accept my humble apology. He isn't a simpleton. He's simply wrong about a ton of stuff... I don't know what that would make him, though. I'm sure there's a word for it.

Take that warning off my account. He knows what he's doing. There are moderators here who do way worse on the regular.

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2022, 08:44 PM by Cleatwood. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-04-2022, 08:16 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Dear Anonymous Mod Overlord,

I completely understand why you would give me a warning for calling Mikesez a simpleton and deleting that post. I would like to humbly apologize, even though I am having a hard time understanding how he could reduce the complexity of my argument to one factor. Maybe you could explain to me how he tries to take the whole of our justice system, especially this thing called prosecutorial discretion, and reduce it to the jury pool. I mean, it's not like there's a GIANT track record of trials taking place in DC being favorable towards the establishment. It's almost like there is this bias that affects the outcome, but I digress. Either he has a fundamentally oversimplified view of how people are brought to trial and how sentences are recommended, or he's being disingenuous. I mean, I'd hate to call the guy a liar? Do we get warnings for that, too?

Again, I beg you.... please accept my humble apology. He isn't a simpleton. He's simply wrong about a ton of stuff... I don't know what that would make him, though. I'm sure there's a word for it.

Take that warning off my account. He knows what he's doing. There are moderators here who do way worse on the regular.
Hahahaha

“Don’t pick on Ronster! I mean…. I’ll continue picking on Mike but ITS TOTALLY DIFFERENT! I SWEAR!”

Do as I say and not as I do kinda guy huh?

A simpleton would just believe that people get the sentences they deserve after prosecutors and judges consider all extenuating circumstances.
That's not what I said.
I said that prosecutors use the threat of unreasonably long sentences to speed up the process and steer people to plea bargains. You might note that this is exactly what the convict's wife said happened. Have a look at her comments after the sentencing.
Sometimes I take things that establishment folks say at face value. I understand that can come across as naive. But here I'm literally taking the comments of the insurrectionist's supportive family at face value.

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2022, 08:58 PM by Lucky2Last. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-04-2022, 08:42 PM)mikesez Wrote: A simpleton would just believe that people get the sentences they deserve after prosecutors and judges consider all extenuating circumstances.
That's not what I said.
I said that prosecutors use the threat of unreasonably long sentences to speed up the process and steer people to plea bargains.  You might note that this is exactly what the convict's wife said happened.  Have a look at her comments after the sentencing.
Sometimes I take things that establishment folks say at face value. I understand that can come across as naive.  But here I'm literally taking the comments of the insurrectionist's supportive family at face value.

Did I call you a simpleton after you posted that? No. I didn't. I pointed out the flaw in your argument, and you tried to twist it by dodging my point altogether by posting something nonsensical. There is zero possibility that you didn't understand the intent of my response.

Hi Cleatwood. Good to see you contributing nothing to a thread again. Not that it's worth my time to respond to you, but I like Mike. Do you like Ronster? Remember what I typed in that thread?

Quote:I guess I am somewhat hypocritical in this regard, because I do the same thing with Mikesez. The difference is that I think I can move Mikesez.

(08-04-2022, 05:48 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-04-2022, 04:50 PM)p_rushing Wrote: It's a gray area. There was no proof. Most juries are not convicting with more evidence than that but his skin color is wrong.

Oh I know! There is such a massive pile of statistical evidence showing that American juries treat white defendents worse than black and brown ones! How could anyone miss it? I mean just look at how many black and brown people are incarcerated, compared to white people. You can't miss it!

(08-04-2022, 03:42 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Fixed that for you.

I know you are being sarcastic but race shouldn't matter with evidence. Either the evidence is there or it isn't. You should be judging someone guilty or not based on how you feel about them.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(08-04-2022, 08:52 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(08-04-2022, 05:48 PM)mikesez Wrote: Oh I know! There is such a massive pile of statistical evidence showing that American juries treat white defendents worse than black and brown ones! How could anyone miss it?  I mean just look at how many black and brown people are incarcerated, compared to white people.  You can't miss it!

I know you are being sarcastic but race shouldn't matter with evidence. Either the evidence is there or it isn't. You should be judging someone guilty or not based on how you feel about them.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

I totally agree.  That's how it should be.  But it's not how it is.  Race affects outcomes in the justice system.  And not in the way you said it does.

It does the way I said it does.