Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
January 6 Committee: Thousands of Interviews, Few New Facts

(06-13-2022, 07:12 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-13-2022, 07:04 AM)mikesez Wrote: Right, if there's someone here who knows something about the right way to be an odious gasbag, it's you.  The key is just to tell people they're wrong with witty insults.  Never explain why they're wrong.

Odd, I don't see any of my posts going on for paragraphs telling people they aren't as smart as me. Seems you're trying again to redefine terms so that your takes make sense. You do love those verbal gymnastics medals.

Just because you're brief doesn't mean you're not an odious gasbag.  Quick farts stink just as bad as drawn out ones.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-13-2022, 08:48 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-13-2022, 07:12 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Odd, I don't see any of my posts going on for paragraphs telling people they aren't as smart as me. Seems you're trying again to redefine terms so that your takes make sense. You do love those verbal gymnastics medals.

Just because you're brief doesn't mean you're not an odious gasbag.  Quick farts stink just as bad as drawn out ones.

"If you perceive that you are somewhere up high compared to me, it is not because you are standing on any facts, that's for sure.  You are only standing on your own pride, and you only read my posts starting from the assumption that I'm wrong and you're right, so you're looking for something to nitpick..."

"Teach yourself and come back when your level of knowledge is comparable to mine."

Naw man, that's some faulty NYC water treatment plant stink.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-13-2022, 08:57 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-13-2022, 08:48 AM)mikesez Wrote: Just because you're brief doesn't mean you're not an odious gasbag.  Quick farts stink just as bad as drawn out ones.

"If you perceive that you are somewhere up high compared to me, it is not because you are standing on any facts, that's for sure.  You are only standing on your own pride, and you only read my posts starting from the assumption that I'm wrong and you're right, so you're looking for something to nitpick..."

"Teach yourself and come back when your level of knowledge is comparable to mine."

But was I wrong?

I'm wrong sometimes.  When I'm wrong, you guys point out the facts.  But when I'm right, and you don't have any facts or logic to cite, you call me names and say I'm bring odious or a know-it-all.  

Sneakers said that letting a violent mob tell Congress and the states what to do wouldn't be a step towards dictatorship.  Was he right?

(06-13-2022, 10:13 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-13-2022, 08:57 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: "If you perceive that you are somewhere up high compared to me, it is not because you are standing on any facts, that's for sure.  You are only standing on your own pride, and you only read my posts starting from the assumption that I'm wrong and you're right, so you're looking for something to nitpick..."

But was I wrong?

I'm wrong sometimes.  When I'm wrong, you guys point out the facts.  But when I'm right, and you don't have any facts or logic to cite, you call me names and say I'm bring odious or a know-it-all.  

Sneakers said that letting a violent mob tell Congress and the states what to do wouldn't be a step towards dictatorship.  Was he right?

No.  Of course not.

Every person on this board condemned the violent part of January 6th, but most conservatives here could see that was a vast minority of people in attendance. If the media, moderates, and liberals focused on those few violent zealots, you probably wouldn't get much objection from the right. However, that's not what's happening. Instead, you get a movement to castigate all Trump conservatives. Anyone in attendance is painted with the same broad brush. 

If you're stupid enough to call a majority of people marching through the Capitol building an insurrection, you should at least be stupid enough to call a group of people violently taking over a portion of a city and declaring it its own autonomous nation an insurrection as well. You should also expect the same level of prosecution. Of the THOUSANDS of people who occupied and visited CHOP, there were only 30 arrests and only 15 of those faced prosecution. ALL 15 committed a violent act against another civilian or police officer, such as a shooting or hit and runs. Every single obstruction, resisting arrest, and trespassing cases were declined. By comparison, 862 people were arrested after January 6th, with the vast majority of those charges being trespassing, curfew violation, and obstruction. 306 of them have entered guilty pleas, and many of those people hadn't even been sent to trial over a year later. Only 11 people have been charged with seditious conspiracy. 

If you thought January 6th was an insurrection 2 days after the event, that makes sense. It's definitely how it was portrayed in the news. However, if you think it was an insurrection 2 years after the event, it's because you refuse to accept any evidence that goes against the mainstream narrative. There were a few bad actors with malicious intent, and almost everyone else there was expressing an opinion that the election was stolen (yet another topic people don't want to examine). 

People should be outraged at the smoke and mirror tactics regarding this event. It's political theater that is designed to demagogue a significant portion of the population and eliminate the conservative populist movement. When you look at the actual violence, you get a small portion from the radical right, some members of ANTIFA, and the FBI (if you count incitement and removal of barricades by agents in civilian clothes). The first two groups I mentioned are different sides of the same coin and should be prosecuted. The FBI's involvement, however, is unconscionable and should be investigated in the same way we are investigating Trump. We need to remove partisan weaponization from our intelligence agencies.

Can you really Trust the Democrats to do the right thing and really search for the truth, not their truth, but the truth of the way things really went down........

Jan. 6 Committee Caught 'Lying and Altering Evidence'

The January 6 committee is facing pressure as details reveal it lied and altered evidence to favor Democrat's radical narrative of the Capitol Hill protests.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/saraharnol...5ozcew45s0
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(This post was last modified: 06-13-2022, 11:58 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(06-13-2022, 11:36 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Can you really Trust the Democrats to do the right thing and really search for the truth, not their truth, but the truth of the way things really went down........

Jan. 6 Committee Caught 'Lying and Altering Evidence'

The January 6 committee is facing pressure as details reveal it lied and altered evidence to favor Democrat's radical narrative of the Capitol Hill protests.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/saraharnol...5ozcew45s0

Wow this is a shocker. Adam Schiff changing text messages to suit his argument? Pelosi banning bi-partisan investigation? Light exposes darkness. This may go the same route as the fake impeachment hearings. Something stinks here.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(06-13-2022, 08:57 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: "If you perceive that you are somewhere up high compared to me, it is not because you are standing on any facts, that's for sure.  You are only standing on your own pride, and you only read my posts starting from the assumption that I'm wrong and you're right, so you're looking for something to nitpick..."

But was I wrong?

What he said was "Your hatred of Trump blinds you to the reality of the situation.  You're obsessed with labeling this as an insurrection and holding him responsible." and he was exactly right. What you said is what you're trying to get him to say to make your point. 

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-13-2022, 12:38 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-13-2022, 10:13 AM)mikesez Wrote: But was I wrong?

What he said was "Your hatred of Trump blinds you to the reality of the situation.  You're obsessed with labeling this as an insurrection and holding him responsible." and he was exactly right. What you said is what you're trying to get him to say to make your point. 

But it was an insurrection and Trump was responsible.

(06-13-2022, 01:20 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-13-2022, 12:38 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: What he said was "Your hatred of Trump blinds you to the reality of the situation.  You're obsessed with labeling this as an insurrection and holding him responsible." and he was exactly right. What you said is what you're trying to get him to say to make your point. 

Exactly.  Rolleyes

(06-13-2022, 01:20 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-13-2022, 12:38 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: What he said was "Your hatred of Trump blinds you to the reality of the situation.  You're obsessed with labeling this as an insurrection and holding him responsible." and he was exactly right. What you said is what you're trying to get him to say to make your point. 

Only in small far leftist democrat minds such as yours.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(06-13-2022, 03:22 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(06-13-2022, 01:20 PM)mikesez Wrote: But it was an insurrection and Trump was responsible.

Only in small far leftist democrat minds such as yours.

He's big mad.. Trump went out for cigarettes one day and never came back..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(06-13-2022, 11:15 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Every person on this board condemned the violent part of January 6th, but most conservatives here could see that was a vast minority of people in attendance. If the media, moderates, and liberals focused on those few violent zealots, you probably wouldn't get much objection from the right. However, that's not what's happening. Instead, you get a movement to castigate all Trump conservatives. Anyone in attendance is painted with the same broad brush. 

If you're stupid enough to call a majority of people marching through the Capitol building an insurrection, you should at least be stupid enough to call a group of people violently taking over a portion of a city and declaring it its own autonomous nation an insurrection as well. You should also expect the same level of prosecution. Of the THOUSANDS of people who occupied and visited CHOP, there were only 30 arrests and only 15 of those faced prosecution. ALL 15 committed a violent act against another civilian or police officer, such as a shooting or hit and runs. Every single obstruction, resisting arrest, and trespassing cases were declined. By comparison, 862 people were arrested after January 6th, with the vast majority of those charges being trespassing, curfew violation, and obstruction. 306 of them have entered guilty pleas, and many of those people hadn't even been sent to trial over a year later. Only 11 people have been charged with seditious conspiracy. 

If you thought January 6th was an insurrection 2 days after the event, that makes sense. It's definitely how it was portrayed in the news. However, if you think it was an insurrection 2 years after the event, it's because you refuse to accept any evidence that goes against the mainstream narrative. There were a few bad actors with malicious intent, and almost everyone else there was expressing an opinion that the election was stolen (yet another topic people don't want to examine). 

People should be outraged at the smoke and mirror tactics regarding this event. It's political theater that is designed to demagogue a significant portion of the population and eliminate the conservative populist movement. When you look at the actual violence, you get a small portion from the radical right, some members of ANTIFA, and the FBI (if you count incitement and removal of barricades by agents in civilian clothes). The first two groups I mentioned are different sides of the same coin and should be prosecuted. The FBI's involvement, however, is unconscionable and should be investigated in the same way we are investigating Trump. We need to remove partisan weaponization from our intelligence agencies.

You make some decent arguments that deserve to be addressed, but you really ruin it when you bring up antifa and the FBI. 
Antifa is irrelevant,  I mean they weren't there, but even if they were, didn't your mother give you the, "if Billy jumped off a bridge would you?" speech?
As for the FBI, what does that even mean? Do you mean the FBI was trying to entice and entrap people into committing illegal acts? The FBI would never catfish a quarry that big.  Or do you mean that the FBI actually has agents who were hoping the entire coup would be successful so Trump would still be President today?

You are either gullible or trolling.

But was I wrong?

As flsprtgod already pointed out, that's not at all close to what I said.  Was it intentional misrepresentation?   If you have comprehension difficulties, please let me know and I'll try to simplify my posts for you.

"Telling" congress what to do and forcing Congress to do something are vastly different.  For example, stop calling this specific event an insurrection and being an arrogant donkey's butt about so much else.  Unfortunately, I can't force you to do either of these things, so I don't expect much to change.

How could any mentally competent person reasonably believe that simply occupying a building for a few hours would force Congress to concede to a crowd's demands?  Is our government that fragile?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 06-14-2022, 09:03 AM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(06-14-2022, 08:45 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(06-13-2022, 10:13 AM)mikesez Wrote: But was I wrong?

As flsprtgod already pointed out, that's not at all close to what I said.  Was it intentional misrepresentation?   If you have comprehension difficulties, please let me know and I'll try to simplify my posts for you.

"Telling" congress what to do and forcing Congress to do something are vastly different.  For example, stop calling this specific event an insurrection and being an arrogant donkey's butt about so much else.  Unfortunately, I can't force you to do either of these things, so I don't expect much to change.

How could any mentally competent person reasonably believe that simply occupying a building for a few hours would force Congress to concede to a crowd's demands?  Is our government that fragile?

How could any mentally competent person be sure that these people wanted to do no more than occupy the building for a few hours?
You and I both know they built a gallows with Mike Pence's name on it.
You and I both know they chanted Pelosi's name, demanding that she be brought out to them.
Yet you are positive that this was just bluster and posturing, that they didn't really mean to harm or threaten a single soul. Yet they say I'm gullible. Seems to me that you are the gullible one.

(06-14-2022, 09:02 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-14-2022, 08:45 AM)Sneakers Wrote: As flsprtgod already pointed out, that's not at all close to what I said.  Was it intentional misrepresentation?   If you have comprehension difficulties, please let me know and I'll try to simplify my posts for you.

How could any mentally competent person be sure that these people wanted to do no more than occupy the building for a few hours?
You and I both know they chanted Pelosi's name, demanding that she be brought out to them.
Yet you are positive that this was just bluster and posturing, that they didn't really mean to harm or threaten a single soul. Yet they say I'm gullible.  Seems to me that you are the gullible one.

How many bullets were exchanged in this violent insurrection? What you're talking about was just performance art, there was no attempt to capture or hang anyone. You really want me to believe that this protest was a credible insurrection when the most heavily armed civilian population on Earth showed up to overthrow their government and didn't bring their guns, mush less use them? Balderdash, you've fallen for the Kayfabe my man. It was an almost entirely peaceful protest sullied by a few bad actors and several federal instigators. Meanwhile, the left is protesting the USSC by shutting down all access to their building and attempting to assassinate Justices. Of course the media isn't telling you that the left is "attempting to destroy our DEMOCRACY!!!!" because it's their team doing the disrupting. I also don't expect to see the Congressional Players lining up to play their drama games with them, again because it's their team so they have to support by obfuscation...kinda like you continue to do.

(This post was last modified: 06-14-2022, 12:25 PM by mikesez. Edited 3 times in total.)

(06-14-2022, 09:16 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-14-2022, 09:02 AM)mikesez Wrote: How could any mentally competent person be sure that these people wanted to do no more than occupy the building for a few hours?
Yet you are positive that this was just bluster and posturing, that they didn't really mean to harm or threaten a single soul. Yet they say I'm gullible.  Seems to me that you are the gullible one.

How many bullets were exchanged in this violent insurrection? What you're talking about was just performance art, there was no attempt to capture or hang anyone. You really want me to believe that this protest was a credible insurrection when the most heavily armed civilian population on Earth showed up to overthrow their government and didn't bring their guns, mush less use them? Balderdash, you've fallen for the Kayfabe my man. It was an almost entirely peaceful protest sullied by a few bad actors and several federal instigators. Meanwhile, the left is protesting the USSC by shutting down all access to their building and attempting to assassinate Justices. Of course the media isn't telling you that the left is "attempting to destroy our DEMOCRACY!!!!" because it's their team doing the disrupting. I also don't expect to see the Congressional Players lining up to play their drama games with them, again because it's their team so they have to support by obfuscation...kinda like you continue to do.

"A few bad actors".
Charges of seditious conspiracy have been brought. True, only about 10 people have been charged so far. Do you think these charges are false? Do you think they crime they are accused of is not serious?
I also disagree with blocking access to the Supreme Court, thats also not a good thing to do, but, there's no allegation that anyone there attacked any police.  And we already know the Supreme Court can work remotely.  Broader picture, one guy is charged with planning to assassinate Kavanaugh, but he never attacked his target and didn't attack the cops protecting the target either.
So how can you draw any equivalence? Ethically they are both wrong, but one is much much more serious than the other.

Not attacking cops vs. attacking them
Lone wolf vs. conspiracy
Packing a couple of guns vs. creating multiple armories around town
Deciding abortion law vs deciding who the next CoC of the world's largest military is

This is sawdust vs. planks, man.

I would never call it kayfabe but for the sake of argument.. can't you agree that this type of play acting is extremely inadvisable? That it attracts many people, on both sides, who don't think it's play acting?

I wonder why CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, etc. hasn't reported much on the assassination attempt on a Supreme Court Justice?  After all, that's a direct attack on our way of government.

Oh that's right, they need to breathlessly report on this sham "hearing" to deflect from the mess that the country has become in less than two years.

The left wing media adopted the talking point of an "insurrection" and far left democrats like Mikesez ate it up.

Meanwhile....

record inflation
gasoline at an all time high
diesel at an all time high
border wide open with many more on the way
massive violence due to "de-fund the police"
the embarrassing bungled attempt to leave Afghanistan
baby formula shortage

The list goes on and on.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(06-14-2022, 12:20 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-14-2022, 09:16 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: How many bullets were exchanged in this violent insurrection? What you're talking about was just performance art, there was no attempt to capture or hang anyone. You really want me to believe that this protest was a credible insurrection when the most heavily armed civilian population on Earth showed up to overthrow their government and didn't bring their guns, mush less use them? Balderdash, you've fallen for the Kayfabe my man. It was an almost entirely peaceful protest sullied by a few bad actors and several federal instigators. Meanwhile, the left is protesting the USSC by shutting down all access to their building and attempting to assassinate Justices. Of course the media isn't telling you that the left is "attempting to destroy our DEMOCRACY!!!!" because it's their team doing the disrupting. I also don't expect to see the Congressional Players lining up to play their drama games with them, again because it's their team so they have to support by obfuscation...kinda like you continue to do.

"A few bad actors".
Charges of seditious conspiracy have been brought. True, only about 10 people have been charged so far. Do you think these charges are false? Do you think they crime they are accused of is not serious?
I also disagree with blocking access to the Supreme Court, thats also not a good thing to do, but, there's no allegation that anyone there attacked any police.  And we already know the Supreme Court can work remotely.  Broader picture, one guy is charged with planning to assassinate Kavanaugh, but he never attacked his target and didn't attack the cops protecting the target either.
So how can you draw any equivalence? Ethically they are both wrong, but one is much much more serious than the other.

Not attacking cops vs. attacking them
Lone wolf vs. conspiracy
Packing a couple of guns vs. creating multiple armories around town
Deciding abortion law vs deciding who the next CoC of the world's largest military is

This is sawdust vs. planks, man.

I would never call it kayfabe but for the sake of argument.. can't you agree that this type of play acting is extremely inadvisable? That it attracts many people, on both sides, who don't think it's play acting?

Of course, I don't think the feds should've pushed those people to action, but the chance to get the gullible to blame Trump was too much to pass up. As for the 10 people with charges, thats pretty laughable if our Country is so fragile that they present an actual threat. As I said, the lack of guns at the site is the clearest evidence of lack of intent. Had the mob been armed, as they easily could've been, we'd be talking about dead congress critters and cops while patching up bullet holes in the Capital. Instead you have to pretend that an insurrection was planned and executed with flag poles and fire extinguishers as the weapon of choice. Meanwhile you try to downplay what's happening now, days before the actual trigger event will occur, because a guy legitimately trying to kill a Justice over a ruling isn't the same attack on our Sacred Institutions since he's a Lefty attacking a Conservtive.