Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bruce Smith Against Boselli's Induction

(This post was last modified: 06-15-2022, 06:50 AM by jagsfan06. Edited 1 time in total.)

Boselli owns the piece of real estate between Bruce Smith’s ears.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 06-15-2022, 08:36 AM by Mikey.)

(06-14-2022, 04:49 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Damn. Bruce is still salty even after all these years? Just further cements Boselli's standing in the Hall of Fame. The all time leading sack artist in NFL history can't stand seeing the man that flat out owned him in the play-off's. LOL.

That should be Tony's mic drop moment after his speech is given. Just add that little jab or tidbit in there. [BLEEP] Bruce. LOL.

I think it's a bigger statement if Tony recognizes a ton of ppl who either supported his nomination, challenged him as a player, or coached him to be the player he was, all while ignoring the existence of Brucie.

(06-14-2022, 06:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-14-2022, 06:30 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: All these years later and Tony is still living rent free in Bruce's head.

Think of how much he'd have advanced his image by posting:
"Boselli got the better of me once or twice. This hall-of-famer welcomes him to the brotherhood." 

Instead folks are going, "Wow, Bruce is being petty on a high level." 

I would have thought a guy with his level of success wouldn't have enough insecurity to need to comment negatively.

Knees may degrade, speed may slow, strength may wither, but player egos never die

(06-14-2022, 06:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-14-2022, 06:30 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: All these years later and Tony is still living rent free in Bruce's head.

Think of how much he'd have advanced his image by posting:
"Boselli got the better of me once or twice. This hall-of-famer welcomes him to the brotherhood." 

Instead folks are going, "Wow, Bruce is being petty on a high level." 

I would have thought a guy with his level of success wouldn't have enough insecurity to need to comment negatively.

Agreed. Apparently Tony really traumatized the poor guy, lol.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(06-14-2022, 07:26 PM)mikesez Wrote: Bruce who?

shorten that and just say Booo

Bruce Boselli because Tony is his daddy and dominated him so thoroughly that he contemplated if he still had the desire to play the game. Tony made Bruce’s knees buckle on multiple occasions that game and it is all on tape for anyone to see.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

That's good stuff right there.

Thumbs Up 

(06-14-2022, 04:39 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: Water under the bridge, Bruce. 

And, BTW, you got your ace beat that day.

I hope I'm not the only guy that got that reference, but well done.

First Bruce Smith welcomes Boselli into the hall on stage the night before the super bowl lauding him with superlatives. Then 3 odd months later comes out with this. Bruce forgets he faced Bo 3 times not once and got erased each time. Bruce pushing this narrative only weakens his own legend. But then how often is Bruce Smith going to get such an easy "Look at Me! " opportunity. I am betting Bo talks about this very little just like he did every time he erased Bruce.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(06-15-2022, 02:12 PM)Jag149 Wrote: First Bruce Smith welcomes Boselli into the hall on stage the night before the super bowl lauding him with superlatives. Then 3 odd months later comes out with this.  Bruce forgets he faced Bo 3 times not once and got erased each time.  Bruce pushing this narrative only weakens his own legend.  But then how often is Bruce Smith going to get such an easy "Look at Me! "  opportunity.  I am betting Bo talks about this very little just like he did  every time he erased Bruce.

I read an article where I believe it was Leroy Butler called Smith out for being a hypocrite.

He said he talks about the Hall of Fame being a brotherhood and then bad mouths someone who is about to be a member.

He also called him out for initially celebrating Boselli's induction and said if that was just a lie, he isn't holding himself to the standards that he expects from a Hall of Fame member.

[BLEEP] that [BLEEP]
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Wonder if he's noticed that when people mention how good Boselli was, they always point to how dominant he was against Smith. Maybe hes butt hurt about it.

(06-16-2022, 06:40 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Wonder if he's noticed that when people mention how good Boselli was, they always point to how dominant he was against Smith. Maybe hes butt hurt about it.

djathink?

(06-15-2022, 08:46 AM)jagsfan06 Wrote:

Bruce Boselli because Tony is his daddy and dominated him so thoroughly that he contemplated if he still had the desire to play the game. Tony made Bruce’s knees buckle on multiple occasions that game and it is all on tape for anyone to see.

Oh THAT Bruce.  Played for the Bills right? Everyone said he was great but he never got sacks while Jags fans were watching? Kinda ringing a bell now...
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(06-16-2022, 04:13 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-15-2022, 08:46 AM)jagsfan06 Wrote: Bruce Boselli because Tony is his daddy and dominated him so thoroughly that he contemplated if he still had the desire to play the game. Tony made Bruce’s knees buckle on multiple occasions that game and it is all on tape for anyone to see.

Oh THAT Bruce.  Played for the Bills right? Everyone said he was great but he never got sacks while Jags fans were watching? Kinda ringing a bell now...

LOL yeah what a joke Bruce Smith is. Got owned by the best, and now he is bitter because of the one stain on his resume.

Lol.... Ironically, Bruce Smith is probably one of the biggest reasons Boselli was elected into the HOF. Bruce could have kept him out of the HOF had he not been dominated by him.

Now we need to get Michael McCrary into the Hall because of his play against Tony. They had a good rivalry.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(06-29-2022, 06:42 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Now we need to get Michael McCrary into the Hall because of his play against Tony. They had a good rivalry.

I don't think getting 1 sack credited against Tony in 9 match ups would do much to propel you into the Hall.

(06-30-2022, 08:26 AM)Predator Wrote:
(06-29-2022, 06:42 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Now we need to get Michael McCrary into the Hall because of his play against Tony. They had a good rivalry.

I don't think getting 1 sack credited against Tony in 9 match ups would do much to propel you into the Hall.

That is my point. Sure the Buffalo game was great but that didn't put him on the all decade team and all pro selections.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Tony deserves it because he was the best at his position while he could play the game. It’s not based on one performance, even if that was his most memorable

If I could bring back any former Jaguar to be young again and play on the 2022 squad, it would be Tony.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.