Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags rated 4th best odds to end playoff drought. Better record than pats?

Opinions are like buttholes, everybody has one.   I say it's pretty fair article though.  I think we will be in the playoff hunt late into the season.  I dont know if we will make it but I believe the Jags will be contenders this year.  Pederson instantly made Lawrence and this team better.  Offseason grade TBD.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-season...let-s-rank-
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's possible because I think we're going to have an above average defense and in our division that could be enough.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

As an personal opinion, we should hit that 50% mark w/respect to wins and loses in a worse case scenario. Hopefully we'll jell rather quickly and play much better. Nice prediction BTW.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 06-17-2022, 08:57 AM by The Real Marty.)

(06-17-2022, 07:33 AM)NH3 Wrote: As an personal opinion, we should hit that 50% mark w/respect to wins and loses in a worse case scenario. Hopefully we'll jell rather quickly and play much better. Nice prediction BTW.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

6-11 to 9-8.  That's my new OFFICIAL prediction.

(06-17-2022, 08:56 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(06-17-2022, 07:33 AM)NH3 Wrote: As an personal opinion, we should hit that 50% mark w/respect to wins and loses in a worse case scenario. Hopefully we'll jell rather quickly and play much better. Nice prediction BTW.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

I think that’s a pretty good one.

I would honestly be shocked if they are 3-14 or something like that.

(06-17-2022, 08:56 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

9-8 could get us in the playoffs via the AFC south.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

I still think 7 wins is probably their ceiling, but I'm glad ppl see more.

After week 1 I wish the Jags much success in there endeavor to end there playoff drought...

(06-18-2022, 05:52 PM)TheLeadCommander Wrote: After week 1 I wish the Jags much success in there endeavor to end there playoff drought...

I'm not looking for the playoffs.  I think most of us will be ecstatic if we can just reach mediocrity.  Mediocrity will be a huge leap upward for us.

(06-18-2022, 05:52 PM)TheLeadCommander Wrote: After week 1 I wish the Jags much success in there endeavor to end there playoff drought...

Your team has 4 wildcard losses since 2007

Jags have 3 playoff wins and 2 losses in that same time frame 

Simmer down, son

(06-19-2022, 11:17 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Your team has 4 wildcard losses since 2007

Simmer down, son

Don't we have 3 wins, 3 loses?

(06-19-2022, 11:22 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(06-19-2022, 11:17 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Your team has 4 wildcard losses since 2007

Simmer down, son

Don't we have 3 wins, 3 loses?

How could the Jaguars have more playoffs losses than appearances? A team can only lose once per postseason.

I agree with some of the sentiments here. While playoffs would be a delight, I don't set that as the goal just yet. With the way the other divisions are stacked up, the AFCS is probably only sending one team to the postseason. We gotta shake off the bad juju last year brought and this is still a very young team. They are probably going to lose a winnable game or two down the road, but I am confident that our coaches and players can use that bitter experience to develop and grow into a better team.

But again, if the dominoes fall in the right way, we very well could sneak our way in. Along that train of thought, I wonder which everyone would prefer - miss the postseason by a hair, or just barely get in and lose the first game? Both are bitter pills to swallow, both should make the team hungry for more next season, and both are absolutely better than we've experienced in years. I'll wait to chime in.

(06-20-2022, 09:32 AM)Mikey Wrote: I agree with some of the sentiments here. While playoffs would be a delight, I don't set that as the goal just yet. With the way the other divisions are stacked up, the AFCS is probably only sending one team to the postseason. We gotta shake off the bad juju last year brought and this is still a very young team. They are probably going to lose a winnable game or two down the road, but I am confident that our coaches and players can use that bitter experience to develop and grow into a better team.

But again, if the dominoes fall in the right way, we very well could sneak our way in. Along that train of thought, I wonder which everyone would prefer - miss the postseason by a hair, or just barely get in and lose the first game? Both are bitter pills to swallow, both should make the team hungry for more next season, and both are absolutely better than we've experienced in years. I'll wait to chime in.

Definitely the second one.  I love playoff football, and it's so much better when the Jags are in it.

We've won more playoff games than the Cowboys since 1996.

IJS.

NH3...
"AZANE"

My mate who is a pats fan told me he is dreading this comming season, thinks they r gonna be dog [BLEEP]

In saying that he thought rhe jags would improve a bit but not by much

I think Jags will be better this year but I still think Playoffs are a pipe dream. Mainly because I don't see any chance of a WC for the Jags. So it is Division or bust.

I just think the team will take some time to gel to start off the season, with full set of new coaches, a lot of new faces, and an overall very young team. That could make the first 6 games including 3 division games + Eagles + Chargers very tough,. They could be a much better team but just start off slow.

I could easily see them get on a run to end the season, but will just be too far back to truly be in the playoff hunt.

(06-19-2022, 12:36 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(06-19-2022, 11:22 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Don't we have 3 wins, 3 loses?

How could the Jaguars have more playoffs losses than appearances? A team can only lose once per postseason.
 We don’t even have to appear to lose sometimes. I’ve seen us lose on a bye week before.

(This post was last modified: 07-15-2022, 06:02 PM by jaguarmvp.)

(06-20-2022, 11:26 AM)Khan Artist Wrote:
(06-20-2022, 09:32 AM)Mikey Wrote: I agree with some of the sentiments here. While playoffs would be a delight, I don't set that as the goal just yet. With the way the other divisions are stacked up, the AFCS is probably only sending one team to the postseason. We gotta shake off the bad juju last year brought and this is still a very young team. They are probably going to lose a winnable game or two down the road, but I am confident that our coaches and players can use that bitter experience to develop and grow into a better team.

Definitely the second one.  I love playoff football, and it's so much better when the Jags are in it.

The Giants "snuck" into the playoffs a couple of times and ask the patriots sometimes that is enough.

(07-12-2022, 05:47 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(06-19-2022, 12:36 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: How could the Jaguars have more playoffs losses than appearances? A team can only lose once per postseason.
 We don’t even have to appear to lose sometimes. I’ve seen us lose on a bye week before.

Sometimes just after a game...

[Image: nfl-cayman-nebraska.gif]
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Sometimes you just have to say....why not us!

If the bungles can do it surely we can i mean C`mon man!

Here we go.....