Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags rated 4th best odds to end playoff drought. Better record than pats?

(07-15-2022, 11:25 PM)surfon Wrote: Sometimes you just have to say....why not us!

If the bungles can do it surely we can i mean C`mon man!

Here we go.....

"Because Trevor is terrible." - ChrisJagsBoy
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Maybe I'm just a jaded fan, but I'll believe it when I see it.

(This post was last modified: 07-18-2022, 03:03 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

ehh...6-11 or 7-10 still look right to me. As bad as the coaching/morale was last year, we still need more proven talent.

7-10 might get us 2nd in the division tho. We are in a bad conference.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(07-18-2022, 03:02 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: ehh...6-11 or 7-10 still look right to me.  As bad as the coaching/morale was last year, we still need more proven talent.

7-10 might get us 2nd in the division tho.  We are in a bad conference.

I agree.  I find myself getting way too optimistic.   But I have to tell myself, not all these young players are going to turn out to be great, and some of these veterans will not pan out, and some players will get injured.  

If no one gets injured and all the players have great years, sure, we could make the playoffs.  But [BLEEP] happens.

(07-18-2022, 03:15 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-18-2022, 03:02 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: ehh...6-11 or 7-10 still look right to me.  As bad as the coaching/morale was last year, we still need more proven talent.

I agree.  I find myself getting way too optimistic.   But I have to tell myself, not all these young players are going to turn out to be great, and some of these veterans will not pan out, and some players will get injured.  

If no one gets injured and all the players have great years, sure, we could make the playoffs.  But [BLEEP] happens.

Me three.

I just can't let the optimism stretch beyond a hope for 7 wins as of now. 
Too many new pieces and question marks floating around. 
Much appears improved on paper, but...

...so much can go wrong, even when well-planned. And, you know, #becausejaguars

(07-17-2022, 09:59 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Maybe I'm just a jaded fan, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Jaded from repeated experience. You’re not alone.

So not saying i think its going to happen but no one expected 2017 before the season. We all got the same not going to get too hyped up feeljngs from all the losing.

I am pumped for the season to start. Footballs almost back.

Go Jags!!!

TU Jags beat reporter who just announced his retirement and announced he'll be a fan sharing opinions moving forward, John Reid, has declared the Jags will win 9 games this year

https://twitter.com/JohnReid64/status/15...HLXsqBqLTg

Reasons for optimism, I think this defense is on the verge of becoming a top 10 unit. There were flashes of it last year. They needed a coaching upgrade (check), more talent in the front 7 (check) and chemistry (TBD).

Reasons for pessimism, offense has way too many question marks and top two RBs are coming off major injuries.

I see 8 wins as a reasonable goal.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 07-19-2022, 10:42 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(06-17-2022, 07:33 AM)NH3 Wrote: As an personal opinion, we should hit that 50% mark w/respect to wins and loses in a worse case scenario. Hopefully we'll jell rather quickly and play much better. Nice prediction BTW.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Personally, I think we are going to have a lot of miscommunication on defense.  This defense is very young, haven't played together, and have a new DC.  Not a good remedy for immediate success.

(06-19-2022, 12:36 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(06-19-2022, 11:22 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Don't we have 3 wins, 3 loses?

How could the Jaguars have more playoffs losses than appearances? A team can only lose once per postseason.

The 4 loss references was a response to the Washington poster.

(07-19-2022, 10:39 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(06-17-2022, 07:33 AM)NH3 Wrote: As an personal opinion, we should hit that 50% mark w/respect to wins and loses in a worse case scenario. Hopefully we'll jell rather quickly and play much better. Nice prediction BTW.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Personally, I think we are going to have a lot of miscommunication on defense.  This defense is very young, haven't played together, and have a new DC.  Not a good remedy for immediate success.

(06-19-2022, 12:36 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: How could the Jaguars have more playoffs losses than appearances? A team can only lose once per postseason.

The 4 loss references was a response to the Washington poster.

No doubt. The first few games are going to be pretty rough. They’ll get it together, though.

I think 7 wins is our floor, and I'll be happy with 8 or more wins. That is a good start for a new coach with a young team. Ultimately, I just want to see a big jump for Trevor. The rest can all be improved as we go along. I do think Trevor is the real deal, so I'm optimistic for the future!
[Image: pqk1i5F.jpg]

(07-19-2022, 10:39 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Personally, I think we are going to have a lot of miscommunication on defense.  This defense is very young, haven't played together, and have a new DC.  Not a good remedy for immediate success.

Spot on. I think its going to take some time to gel. Game 5 or 6 should be the turning point.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 07-19-2022, 08:25 PM by rpr52121. Edited 1 time in total.)

(07-19-2022, 12:07 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(07-19-2022, 10:39 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Personally, I think we are going to have a lot of miscommunication on defense.  This defense is very young, haven't played together, and have a new DC.  Not a good remedy for immediate success.

Spot on.  I think its going to take some time to gel.  Game 5 or 6 should be the turning point.

The thing is that the first few teams are primary running-focused teams, so I think the miscommunication may not that be that game changing. Especially with the talent and speed that there is now in the front 7.

I also don't think Caldwell will make them have a super complicated scheme to start with, but fold in the layers over the course of the season.

It probably depends on how much play action the first few teams run.

https://youtu.be/rxswDqMcbdE