Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Good Justin Blackmon read

Nothing too earth shattering, but a great read by a journalist who seems to have put a lot of time into this.

https://theringer.com/the-disappearance-....958n926dm

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Honestly I didn't even click on it, we have Arob and Hurns.

It really is an interesting read.  I don't have an ounce of hate for Justin and I hope he's getting his life squared away with what sounds like a serious alcohol/drug addiction.

I previously made a few comments here about the article...

https://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/to.../?p=807333

'02

let the sleeping dogs lie. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

let the sleeping dogs lie.

Huh

I read the article, and basically, what it seems to say is, it's a mystery.   I want to know why.   The article just says, "dunno."  

To me, Blackmon comes across as a man without a spine.  He doesn't seem to have any backbone.  No core.   No drive.  Just a bunch of jelly.   No willingness to engage in struggle.   Empty on the inside.  I don't think he could tell you why he's doing what he's doing, or more importantly, why he's not doing what he's not doing.  

From the time we're born we struggle.  Against rules, against our parents, against our school teachers, against fate.   We struggle for something.   Some people call it drive, motivation.  

I once met a guy who appeared to be mentally and physically capable, nothing appeared to be wrong with him, but apparently, he just preferred sitting in a little tiny apartment and living on some sort of welfare.   There was some mysterious ingredient missing in his inner being.   That's the way Justin Blackmon looks to me.  You read that article, for example, and there's nothing really wrong with the guy except he doesn't have much desire to better himself.  

Who. 

Cares.

Jesus christ, it's like this guy gets an article about his drinking problems and how he's "not such a bad guy" and "just dealt with his inner demons the wrong way" once a month now. I'm sick of hearing about the guy, just let it go 

Reading it, it sounds like he has a depression issue. He literally can't handle losing. If he had went to a winning team, he might still be in the league.
No commercial messages in sigs

I get why articles like this are written.

But I have zero interest in reading them.

;

;

Quote:I get why articles like this are written.

But I have zero interest in reading them.

That's fine.   I do have an interest in reading them, because I am curious as to why people are the way they are.  Especially a guy like Justin Blackmon, who seems to have thrown away something most of us could only dream of having.  

Quote:That's fine.   I do have an interest in reading them, because I am curious as to why people are the way they are.  Especially a guy like Justin Blackmon, who seems to have thrown away something most of us could only dream of having.  

He's an addict. Just like millions of other Americans. He's also likely suffering from a form of depression.

;

;

Quote:Who. 

Cares.

Jesus christ, it's like this guy gets an article about his drinking problems and how he's "not such a bad guy" and "just dealt with his inner demons the wrong way" once a month now. I'm sick of hearing about the guy, just let it go 

No one's forcing you to read the article, and no one's forcing you to engage in this thread.   I don't see any reason why you should tell other people what to talk about, or think about. 

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2016, 09:02 AM by Jagwired.)

He is a drunk. There have been drunks since there has been fermented fruit. His level of drunkenness has ruined a substantial portion of his young life. If he does not change his ways he will be locked up again or dead in a matter of years IMO.

Edit, This thread should relocated to an appropriate sub-forum. Not Jags football related.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2016, 10:20 AM by Thundersnow.)

Thought I was reading a script to like a 30 for 30.  Would be kinda cool if one of those was made about it him the future

Quote:That's fine.   I do have an interest in reading them, because I am curious as to why people are the way they are.  Especially a guy like Justin Blackmon, who seems to have thrown away something most of us could only dream of having.  

Genetics and environmental upbringing . 

You guys have science in America right ?

Quote:No one's forcing you to read the article, and no one's forcing you to engage in this thread.   I don't see any reason why you should tell other people what to talk about, or think about. 
I don't see any part of my post that tells you what to talk or think about.

Quote:Genetics and environmental upbringing .

Lol have you seen who we have running for president? Sometimes (most times) I wonder about the collective mental health of this country myself
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Genetics and environmental upbringing . 

Kind of an [BLEEP] response, but it was funny I'll give you that.

Quote:Reading it, it sounds like he has a depression issue. He literally can't handle losing. If he had went to a winning team, he might still be in the league.

The drinking problem started when he was on a winning team.